D

Dcap1

Feb 10, 2020
Well I overdosed on painkillers and xanax at about 10pm on 11/2. My gf found me at 2pm on 11/3. 3 shots of Narcan in ambulance followed by 2 days on ventilator, feeding tube, pneumonia, and days of pure hell. Dr. told my family that he didn't now if I would make the night.
I can tell you that my worst day of depression was a walk in the park compared to the hell that I went through. I had to learn how to walk and eat again. I'm in an outpatient program for two weeks and will start my life over again.
I put my family through hell and will never do anything like this, ever again. This will be with me for a very long time.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: popcorn, ansiedad, Regen and 13 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
@Dcap1, I'm sorry you went through some awful experiences, but glad if you're restarting. Perhaps if you post this in the "rehab" section someone will have some worthwhile insights for you.

Reactions: death137, Meditation guide, sadworld and 2 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I'm sorry to hear you and your family have been through so much. That must've been a lot of discomfort and pain to endure. I hope things get better for you moving forward.

• Hugs
Reactions: death137, RedHarlequin and sadworld
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Well I overdosed on painkillers and xanax at about 10pm on 11/2. My gf found me at 2pm on 11/3. 3 shots of Narcan in ambulance followed by 2 days on ventilator, feeding tube, pneumonia, and days of pure hell. Dr. told my family that he didn't now if I would make the night.
I can tell you that my worst day of depression was a walk in the park compared to the hell that I went through. I had to learn how to walk and eat again. I'm in an outpatient program for two weeks and will start my life over again.
I put my family through hell and will never do anything like this, ever again. This will be with me for a very long time.
I hope your recovery goes well for you.

What kind of painkillers and how much did you take?

Reactions: death137
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
Did they put you in the psych ward after the OD?

Asking because it would be nice if there was at least some clues on how to deal with the doctors/psychiatric gestapo if someone makes an attempt and then changes their mind.

D

Dcap1

Feb 10, 2020
yes, 11/3-11/9 in I.C.U. 11/10-11/13 in general patient room. 11/14-11/20 in psychiatric unit. Currently in outpatient therapy. I'm still not back to myself physically and they have all the medical records, I met with every kind of dr. and have been asked every question, regarding mental health and suicide.
Did they put you in the psych ward after the OD?

Asking because it would be nice if there was at least some clues on how to deal with the doctors/psychiatric gestapo if someone makes an attempt and then changes their mind.
1600 mg of morphine. not a pleasant experience. I don't remember but I was told that I was in severe withdrawals. First time I ever had morphine and never attempted anything like this.
I hope your recovery goes well for you.

What kind of painkillers and how much did you take?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
That sounds awful, I hope you're able to make a swift recovery

D

Dcap1

Feb 10, 2020
My brain, lungs, heart are all good. I had to learn to walk with physical therapy. Started new meds two weeks ago and I will need a couple weeks to get back to being physically fit. But i will make a full recovery. Priest was in giving me last rights while I was on ventilator, I still can't get a grip on what I did.
That sounds awful, I hope you're able to make a swift recovery

• Hugs
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
Sounds like you may have a mild hypoxic brain injury (a type of brain injury that occurs after a loss of breath). I hope things get better for you