• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

H

Hambo

Mar 5, 2019
Anyone seen this series?

It paints a very interesting picture about the aftermath of suicide. I'm not trying to discourage anyone, it's just an interesting watch.

Also, I think she could've picked a better way to kill herself. The way she chose was very painful.

Reactions: vaulthunter, lemmeeleev, AnnihilatedAnna and 1 other person
elizabeth.luck

elizabeth.luck

Eliminate your map.
Mar 10, 2019
Not a fan myself for many reasons. Her method is ridiculous and she's in almost every episode so it gives its watchers the idea that death is not permanent.

Reactions: throwaway777, lemmeeleev, ithappens and 5 others
About_to_Go

About_to_Go

It deepens like a coastal shelf
Mar 20, 2018
I personally couldn't make it through the first episode. I didn't enjoy it.

Reactions: Circles, throwaway777, lemmeeleev and 3 others
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
The show was too overly dramatic and unrealistic for me. I like how they portrayed the grief of her parents though.

Reactions: Circles, throwaway777, Redt2go and 7 others
ShadowOfTheDay

ShadowOfTheDay

Hungry Ghost
Feb 14, 2019
I watched the entire series, though I'm not sure why. The underlying theme seems to be that teen suicide is usually attributable to bullying/harassment from other teenagers. It doesn't consider at all the possibility that some teenagers might have some neurochemical, or philosophical reason for wanting to die. I really think we do a disservice to young people when we insist that their problems are transitory, and just a result of teenage drama.

Reactions: Circles, throwaway777, lemmeeleev and 5 others
TreatmentDidntWork

TreatmentDidntWork

Mar 15, 2019
I didn't watch more than the first five minutes of the show, but I read the book years ago and I think it was fairly decent.

Reactions: Circles and lemmeeleev
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Anyone seen this series?

It paints a very interesting picture about the aftermath of suicide. I'm not trying to discourage anyone, it's just an interesting watch.

Also, I think she could've picked a better way to kill herself. The way she chose was very painful.

I'm really not trying to be argumentative by asking this, but... why should the aftermath of a suicide matter to the person committing suicide, so long as she/he doesn't bring immediate harm to others? (I def. agree on the no painful method point, though.)

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, lemmeeleev and ShadowOfTheDay
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
Anyone seen this series?

I watched that series during a time when I was fascinated by everything even remotely connected to suicide. The story is pretty far-out and amounts to the juvenile revenge fantasy 'you'll be sorry when I'm dead'.

A second gripe I have with it is that it plays into the illusion that one can somehow influence events from beyond the grave.

All in all this show was overly dramatic and given that it was obviously geared towards an audience of impressionable teenagers clearly a bad idea. It's hard to imagine a situation in which it would be rational for a teenager to kill herself.

At least the actual suicide wasn't portrayed in a glorifying manner. People really shouldn't be trying to do themselves in by cutting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, lemmeeleev, ithappens and 1 other person
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
I'm really not trying to be argumentative by asking this, but... why should the aftermath of a suicide matter to the person committing suicide, so long as she/he doesn't bring immediate harm to others? (I def. agree on the no painful method point, though.)
I'll answer that. some of us have people we love in life. Yes, it's true, I can do nothing for emotional pain however, if I can do a bit of damage control in the aftermath of my death, I will. I want to cause as little harm to those I love as possible which is why I wouldn't allow my mom to find me hanging, to find me with a bullet to my head or just in general finding my body. I can control certain aspects in the aftermath and as long as that's possible, I will

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Jc40, lemmeeleev and 3 others
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019

Assuming the world doesn't end with my death and given that I do care about certain people obviously it matters. I believe one has a moral duty towards significant others to try to lessen the impact of one's suicide. Which is why I'm writing letters to explain things as clearly as possible.

Of course I believe people have the right to decide if and when to end their own life. Sadly it does impact others rather severely.

Reactions: AnnihilatedAnna and lemmeeleev
TheRiverStyz

TheRiverStyz

Yes, that’s a typo.
Jan 16, 2019
In the book, she dies overdosing on pills. I wish they'd stuck to this for the show instead of doing that stupid bathtub scene that's got everyone all up in arms about suicidal themes in media.

Reactions: AnnihilatedAnna, lemmeeleev and About_to_Go
lemmeeleev

lemmeeleev

Still here
Nov 29, 2018
I watched the whole first season a while back. It was interesting, but too dramatic. And they show it like the only thing that makes people want to die is because of bullying and people being mean. I've never been bullied and I still want to die. And that method she used. Another show where they show a suicide from cutting arm(s)/sleeping pills/other unreliable method. Of course, it's not like they would show her drinking N down then falling asleep to never wake up. Maybe they're afraid people will try the methods they use for a suicidal person in a show/movie, and because pills and cutting has a low success rate.

Reactions: AnnihilatedAnna, Circles and FTL.Wanderer
seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
Only know of it's existence and basically what the story is about. Been watching a show called a million little things though. It has a theme on suicide and depression

Reactions: AnnihilatedAnna, FTL.Wanderer, Wolfjob_dayjob and 2 others
R

retarddd

Aug 10, 2018
I remember seeing a post like this a year ago

also I never watched it, I watched the trailer and it looked awful

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I'll answer that. some of us have people we love in life. Yes, it's true, I can do nothing for emotional pain however, if I can do a bit of damage control in the aftermath of my death, I will. I want to cause as little harm to those I love as possible which is why I wouldn't allow my mom to find me hanging, to find me with a bullet to my head or just in general finding my body. I can control certain aspects in the aftermath and as long as that's possible, I will

I respect your right to feel as you do. I don't believe the suicidal owe others anything besides respecting others' constitutional rights, including their right to freedom from physical harm directly related to the suicidal's suicide. As it stands, the suicidal are already encumbered with a litany of others' perceived moral obligations. Great if someone chooses to assume these but quite a different matter if they're hoisted onto others, however societally obliquely.
Assuming the world doesn't end with my death and given that I do care about certain people obviously it matters. I believe one has a moral duty towards significant others to try to lessen the impact of one's suicide. Which is why I'm writing letters to explain things as clearly as possible.

Of course I believe people have the right to decide if and when to end their own life. Sadly it does impact others rather severely.

Yes, that's a common belief. I respect it. If only society would respect that, as there are people who don't believe in god(s), there are many who don't believe in this particular worldview that's thrown about as if it were an independent truth.

Last edited:
Wolfjob_dayjob

Wolfjob_dayjob

Student
Oct 19, 2018
It's hard to imagine a situation in which it would be rational for a teenager to kill herself.
I disagree with this portion, there's no absolute scale for human exp or suffering, but I appreciated the rest of your comment!! :)

edit: oh about the show...I don't think I'll watch or read it -isn't the main character sexually assaulted? Eh, they are fictional so I don't have to stand up for their reasons but...yeah..plus I like my media to handle stuff like that with some responsibility and the seriousness it deserves so. ¯\(ツ)

Last edited:
Reactions: AnnihilatedAnna, Circles, FTL.Wanderer and 1 other person
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I watched the whole first season a while back. It was interesting, but too dramatic. And they show it like the only thing that makes people want to die is because of bullying and people being mean. I've never been bullied and I still want to die. And that method she used. Another show where they show a suicide from cutting arm(s)/sleeping pills/other unreliable method. Of course, it's not like they would show her drinking N down then falling asleep to never wake up. Maybe they're afraid people will try the methods they use for a suicidal person in a show/movie, and because pills and cutting has a low success rate.

I haven't watched the show, either. No need to be further inundated with society's general suicide-is-bad worldview. Figures they'd choose a painful way to depict the suicidal person dying. Then add in, I'm guessing, a healthy dose of implicit guilt. Mainstream media.

Reactions: lemmeeleev, AnnihilatedAnna, Wolfjob_dayjob and 2 others
Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
I watched the first season out of boredom but while I liked the premise of the show it ended up with such a misrepresentation of suicide and the effects it has. I could see why its target audience felt triggered for it being too dramatic and unrealistic. The point the show was trying to make felt forced and unnecessary. It did an alright job showing how a person can spiral down so low but it displayed a very skewed idea on such a sensitive topic.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lemmeeleev, AnnihilatedAnna and 1 other person
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
it ended up with such a misrepresentation of suicide and the effects it has ... it displayed a very skewed idea on such a sensitive topic.

Thank you. Somehow I doubt that representational distortion was in the favor of the already alienated, stigmatized community seeking the dignity of self determination.

Reactions: Circles, lemmeeleev, AnnihilatedAnna and 1 other person