Tionally

Tionally

bored
Jul 5, 2023
I've read a couple of post and guides about SN here and the recommended dose is 25g. But the lethal dose is as small as 2g. I also heard some opinions that 25g is the cause of dizziness and vomiting and that taking 10g would be better.

How much truth is there to that? I guess that 25g works quicker and it was picked for a reason. But I'm just wondering if taking 10g would really result in a more peaceful passing since I've seen some people claiming that

• Hugs
Reactions: ๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜†, Praestat_Mori, AllCatsAreGrey and 2 others
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
The reality is that no one really knows. Experiences are all over the place since everybody is so different but i am gonna stick with 25g when my time comes since that's what's recommended by ppeh and stans guide. Many people passed this way succesfully

• Informative
Reactions: ๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜†, Praestat_Mori, Lost cherry and 2 others
A

Anon7b8

Experienced
Aug 21, 2023
It really depends there was someone with a chart before that posted the recommended amount for you body weight, there was also someone saying that the chinese sites recommend 50mg of SN. There have been cases too that they succeeded with only 9grams. Personally I'm going with stans guide.

Reactions: ๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜†
D

Deleted member 65988

Stick with what's worked as shown in the guide.

there was also someone saying that the chinese sites recommend 50mg of SN. There have been cases too that they succeeded with only 9grams. Personally I'm going with stans guide.
Woah, Chinese ctb sites? and there are cases of some succeeding with as little as 9g which definitely is possible but man, I'd like to see that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lost cherry

Lost cherry

Student
Oct 21, 2023
I think 20-25gr is ok for successful

A

Anon7b8

Experienced
Aug 21, 2023
Stick with what's worked as shown in the guide.

Woah, Chinese ctb sites? and there are cases of some succeeding with as little as 9g which definitely is possible but man, I'd like to see that.
I think it's more of how our bodies react with it, tolerances, metabolism, etc.

AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
I don't recall the source, but I found this awhile ago.
Screenshot 2023 11 19 11 09 50 83 e5d3893ac03954c6bb675ef2555b879b 01

• Informative
Reactions: Salmon can't swim, ๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜† and PrisonPlanetBreak
Y

Yaffle

Lifeโ€™s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
Then we have PPeH simply stating 25mg SN in 50 to 100ml water or 35mg SN if body weight is over 100kg.

• Informative
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Lost cherry and AllCatsAreGrey
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Read this , the best documented sn case ;

You can draw your own conclusions , i prefer facts than a protocol (stan's guide) where there is no reported facts or witness.

Another case , she took 25g and the guy witness her die on a webcam , she seems to suffer more than the guy who took only 2g.

According to these 2 stories , between 5 and 10g for a peaceful death.

Last edited:
S

SaltySuh

Aug 12, 2023
It's bioavailability. For SN to work, it has to beat Cytochrome B5 reductase (methemoglobin reductase) ability to return the blood to an oxidation state capable of binding with oxygen. The higher the dose of SN, the more likely it is to result in death.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Deleted member 65988
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
I will stick to 20g as stated in the guides. In 50mml

D

Deleted member 65988

It's bioavailability. For SN to work, it has to beat Cytochrome B5 reductase (methemoglobin reductase) ability to return the blood to an oxidation state capable of binding with oxygen. The higher the dose of SN, the more likely it is to result in death.
While this is true, I do wonder what is the survival rate of higher doses because cases we've seen have seen some people survive 20g although usually down to individual error.
According to these 2 stories , between 5 and 10g for a peaceful death
How did you come to the conclusion that just these two stories mean that 5-10g for a peaceful death when everyone's reaction is different. We also have cases of users who took a dose within the 20-25g range and passed with minimal issue. The question becomes whether it's plausible to take a lower dose to sacrifice the time for sn to work fast but also being aware that a lower may dose could also not work

Reactions: Lost cherry
sanlcx

sanlcx

Oct 21, 2023
Another case , she took 25g and the guy witness her die on a webcam , she seems to suffer more than the guy who took only 2g.

According to these 2 stories , between 5 and 10g for a peaceful death.
Problem is, i want to reduce my chances of failing as much as possible, maybe taking 10g is both more peaceful and reliable due to you being less likely to throw up? In that case i'd obviously take 10g, but we don't really now, do we? What if 10g turns out to not be enough? Idk man...
Also i don't really mind suffering in my final moments as long as it's not to a excruciating level, don't really need to be completely painless and peaceful.

Reactions: Gonnerr, Deleted member 65988 and Lost cherry
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Then we have PPeH simply stating 25mg SN in 50 to 100ml water or 35mg SN if body weight is over 100kg.
Correct I know u meant grams but typed mg

• Informative
Reactions: Yaffle
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Problem is, i want to reduce my chances of failing as much as possible, maybe taking 10g is both more peaceful and reliable due to you being less likely to throw up? In that case i'd obviously take 10g, but we don't really now, do we? What if 10g turns out to not be enough? Idk man...
Also i don't really mind suffering in my final moments as long as it's not to a excruciating level, don't really need to be completely painless and peaceful.
The LDlo is 71mg/kg body weight (lowest lethal dose, source is from Wikipedia) You can estimate the absolute minimum for you body weight but that doesn't mean it's lethal in the end bc many more factors have to be taken in to account, what kills someone else must not kill you bc your body might be able to fight the poison better. That's why an overkill OD is better to succeed.

• Informative
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Deleted member 65988 and Yaffle
Scattered-Soul

Scattered-Soul

It was an indescribable pain
Oct 2, 2023
While it's true that only taking 5-10g could work for some people, if your intention is a successful CTB then I'd stick with taking 25g. I've read through the unsuccessful cases and a lot of the attempt threads on here as well, a big percentage of the people who don't take the recommended dosage don't succeed and only end up getting some of the effects and vomit, user DT2007 also attempted recently with 10g, ended up going to sleep and vomited but wasn't successful.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and Lost cherry
Y

Yaffle

Lifeโ€™s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
The LDlo is 71mg/kg body weight (lowest lethal dose, source is from Wikipedia) You can estimate the absolute minimum for you body weight but that doesn't mean it's lethal in the end bc many more factors have to be taken in to account, what kills someone else must not kill you bc your body might be able to fight the poison better. That's why an overkill OD is better to succeed.
Doing the maths, I wouldn't trust 71mg/kg either.

Being over 100kg myself, I'd much rather take 35g and be done with it - and have 2nd and 3rd doses prepared if need be.

I still prefer inert gas or CO but would undoubtedly have bought SN if available in the UK.

The No1 factor that I've considered with any method is no fails. Once I'm over the SI it has to work first time. I can't stand the thought of failing or being saved and going through all that crap, I have to be dead when I'm found. The last thing I want is to fail and everybody call it a cry for help when it was genuinely trying to CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: TapeMachine, pthnrdnojvsc, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 65988

This is why anything above 15g could do it because I've seen a case of a 26 year old man take 18g and he died. I get that people try to take less to minimizes the chances of vomiting in order to not take a 2nd drink but you never quite know.
That's why an overkill OD is better to succeed.
This is why 20-25g is to make close to certain that it'll do it.
user DT2007 also attempted recently with 10g, ended up going to sleep and vomited but wasn't successful.
That's exactly the 1st example that came to mind. DT2007, although he's going through a lot right now and I truly wish him all the best and know that he has support here, he ingested 10g in order to not take too much too vomit but he still did, taking less of an amount means they'll be way less sn in your system than if you took the 25g amount.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Anon7b8
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm only guessing here mind but it's probably 25g because perhaps more than that increases the chance of vomiting and less than that may mean that if you do vomit, there won't be enough in the body to work. That's my best guess. I'm not sure who came up with those numbers though but I expect they had a reason and they're likely smarter than me.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988, Praestat_Mori and Yaffle
Y

Yaffle

Lifeโ€™s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
I'm only guessing here mind but it's probably 25g because perhaps more than that increases the chance of vomiting and less than that may mean that if you do vomit, there won't be enough in the body to work. That's my best guess. I'm not sure who came up with those numbers though but I expect they had a reason and they're likely smarter than me.
I agree, I've always assumed you wouldn't vomit every last drop and would keep enough down to CTB but this is also the reason for a 2nd dose.

It's an unknown science for us, we can only go on reports of what's worked.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
It really depends there was someone with a chart before that posted the recommended amount for you body weight, there was also someone saying that the chinese sites recommend 50mg of SN. There have been cases too that they succeeded with only 9grams. Personally I'm going with stans guide.
China recommends 50 grams? That's informative .

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

The PPH changed the recommended amount over time, first it was 15 then 20 and then Stan's guide specified 20-25g. I think there's been plenty of discussions over whether less means the likelihood of vomiting being minimized albeit we can't tell the difference if the full 20-25g is taken. Gotta also remember that SN is not necessarily intended for a person in their 20s as most people are here but a person in their 50s-80s with their healthy likely on the downtrend.

• Informative
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Talvikki

Talvikki

Warlock
Nov 18, 2021
According to the World Health Organization, the estimated oral lethal dose of sodium nitrite for humans ranges from 33 to 250 mg nitrite per kg body weight, with lower doses applying to fragile individuals. This information underscores the varying sensitivity to sodium nitrite exposure.

• Informative
Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey