Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I think a lot of people either suck it up and accept that they have no choice but to plod on, or they acquire obligations to those around them that helps keep them alive (such as having children). But some part of me thinks that deep down, a lot of people wish they had never existed to begin with.

Reactions: ForestLove and Redrock
S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
Jesus you guys are all wrong. The number you are referring to is suicides per person PER YEAR. You have to multiply that by life expectancy to get the actual number which comes out to about 1% of people die by suicide. The number is actually higher than this as it does not account for suspicious deaths, intentional car crashes, drowning, street drug overdoses, or deaths of despair like addiction. In most countries the suicide/despair death is about 2-5% depending on what exactly you count.
Sorry if that's the case. Id feel better knowing that.

Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
It's a good question, why is it so low?

I would say 20 to 30% of any population is very unhappy and will remain so.
But they got used to it. Sum up all alcoholics, junkies, depressed people, painkiller addicts.
Even if they go to work, to their shitty paycheck-to-paycheck low wage jobs, they would happily
run away from it if they could... But they will keep going in autopilot.

Show them their future (+20 years) through the crystal ball - they will recoil in horror. But day to day - "Nah, it's all good"...

Those 1 of 10k are the ones who had actually looked through this magic crystal......
What are you talking about? I'm an opiate addict, I don't have a minimum wage job. Painkiller addicts-alcoholics are all unhappy? I know heroin addicts who make 6.5 figures a year. Alcoholics? I work at a bar and don't see people getting wasted every night and living the alcoholic life. Just because people who use drugs or drink- doesn't make them unhappy Or want different lives as a result. Show them their future of 20 years in a crystal ball? Wtf Recoil in horror? I use drugs everyday and I like that lifestyle and I personally know many more who do as well. I know people who make alot of money selling drugs, in fact paid for their kids college tuition that way. Not everybody is broken and miserable who drink and use drugs.

Reactions: DeepSleep
D

DeepSleep

Student
Aug 8, 2018
I know people who make alot of money selling drugs, in fact paid for their kids college tuition that way. Not everybody is broken and miserable who drink and use drugs.

Accepted :) I do use drugs for recreational purposes. But a lot - and I mean a lot - of other people drink themselves into oblivion to numb down their depression and escape the harsh reality. It's a commonplace fact. Maybe you're working at some upscale bar and besides, the real alcoholics prefer cheaper booze and drink alone. You call yourself an addict and you ended up on this forum, so what's your life story? :)

S

Strumgewehr

Experienced
Jun 7, 2018
Most people are just simply happy I believe

They are! There are people in my class that are never sad. Maybe disappointed, frustrated, angry at times but never genuinely sad.

O

Olach

Student
Feb 4, 2019
Accepted :) I do use drugs for recreational purposes. But a lot - and I mean a lot - of other people drink themselves into oblivion to numb down their depression and escape the harsh reality. It's a commonplace fact. Maybe you're working at some upscale bar and besides, the real alcoholics prefer cheaper booze and drink alone. You call yourself an addict and you ended up on this forum, so what's your life story? :)
That's why in Russia and other post Soviet countries are a lot of alcoholics and drug addicts

Reactions: Circles
NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019
Also the number of suicide attemps are much higher than actual suicides (Since we talked about how many unhappy people)

Last edited:
Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
What are you talking about? I'm an opiate addict, I don't have a minimum wage job. Painkiller addicts-alcoholics are all unhappy? I know heroin addicts who make 6.5 figures a year. Alcoholics? I work at a bar and don't see people getting wasted every night and living the alcoholic life. Just because people who use drugs or drink- doesn't make them unhappy Or want different lives as a result. Show them their future of 20 years in a crystal ball? Wtf Recoil in horror? I use drugs everyday and I like that lifestyle and I personally know many more who do as well. I know people who make alot of money selling drugs, in fact paid for their kids college tuition that way. Not everybody is broken and miserable who drink and use drugs.
Almost by definition of recreational drug use you're wrong on this. Maybe it's not some hollywood sob-story, but people take those drugs for a reason and it's not to make their "awesome" life even better...

Reactions: ThisIsTheLastNight
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
It's about 10 to 12 attempts for 1 success.

Reactions: ayanonikki
Umbra

Umbra

Trans Girl
Mar 15, 2019
Being part of something improbable isn't inherently bad.

Reactions: JustOverIt
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Yeah we are all anomalies.

Reactions: esclava and JustOverIt
Umbra

Umbra

Trans Girl
Mar 15, 2019
It obviously is in this situation...
So it would be fine if it was, say, 99%? The odds don't affect the action, suicide is suicide whether it was 0.001% or 99%.

Reactions: ThisIsTheLastNight and JustOverIt
P

Psilo

Arcanist
Dec 29, 2018
The good news about suicide is that you need only one success.

As a world class failure myself, this encourages me, I think it is in my reach.

Reactions: ThisIsTheLastNight and JustOverIt
Psychotic King

Psychotic King

Failure
Apr 18, 2019
I don't see how they could be

It has always fascinated me how in some countries where they have it very difficult, lots of poor people, starvation, no luxuries, health problems, no leisure time etc. and can still be "happy" and have way less suicides that some wealthy countries do. Maybe the cultures and surroundings have something to do with also. Not sure, I dont really understand these things but they interest me nevertheless

I wonder though how much suicidal people all the countries have, as these probably just show the amount of successful suicides, not the people who have constant suicidal thoughts but most likely aren't gonna do it or those who have tried and failed

Spyro

Spyro

Jan 25, 2019
16 per 100,000 from the WHO (World Health Organisation) statistics.

I think the reason why the number is low is because it's difficult to do it in an efficient/optimal/painless manner.

Actually the number of people who try it without success is much higher (around 400 per 100,000).

S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
So it would be fine if it was, say, 99%? The odds don't affect the action, suicide is suicide whether it was 0.001% or 99%.

No. It's bad because like it or not suicide isn't a normal healthy thing to do. Suicidal people can always act all tough and emotionless about their suicidal plans (hell I am even guilty of that myself and so are most of the people here on this forum) when the cold hard truth is that our lives are so miserable that for some reason we want to kill ourselves.

Call it good all you want. If you think rationally you know it isn't.

Umbra

Umbra

Trans Girl
Mar 15, 2019
No. It's bad because like it or not suicide isn't a normal healthy thing to do. Suicidal people can always act all tough and emotionless about their suicidal plans (hell I am even guilty of that myself and so are most of the people here on this forum) when the cold hard truth is that our lives are so miserable that for some reason we want to kill ourselves.

Call it good all you want. If you think rationally you know it isn't.

I'm not arguing suicide is normal or healthy, I'm just saying it's not any better or worse just because the odds that you do it are low.

also on a side note why is the statistic 10/100,000 and not 1/10,000