• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

nbk4755

Nov 4, 2023
I don't see it talked about here much, but when its brought up most people instantly dismiss it as a method. Where I live there no tall buildings, I don't have access to firearms or most materials required for methods like SN or exit hoods, but there is a train line that runs nearby. Why is this advised against? In theory I feel it should be quick and guaranteed if approached right, but I am not knowledgeable regarding these sorts of things. Thank you for any response.

Reactions: Saturn_
L

LaughingGoat

Experienced
Apr 11, 2024
It can be extremely traumatic to the witnesses and workers,, as well as cause extended inconvenience. Anyone can access a rope for hanging. Unless you live in the middle of the desert, there is likely some natural high point close to where you live. I also respectfully challenge everyone on this site who says they can't access a gun in their region as there is no country or region where you cannot obtain one through sporting or off-market means.

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
I don't see it talked about here much, but when its brought up most people instantly dismiss it as a method. Where I live there no tall buildings, I don't have access to firearms or most materials required for methods like SN or exit hoods, but there is a train line that runs nearby. Why is this advised against? In theory I feel it should be quick and guaranteed if approached right, but I am not knowledgeable regarding these sorts of things. Thank you for any response.

It's the morality of subjecting an innocent person (train engineer) do forcefully be apart of one's suicide. What if the incident is a catalyst that would drive the engineer the very same dark path you're treading. Ctb is not always easy, but that hardship doesn't give us the right to traumatize innocent bystanders.

Even if train method is near instant, it's not especially peaceful. Waiting near a track until the moment is right, jumping in front and either laying on the track or waiting for the train to hit you. An Old fashion rope would actually be preferable in that case, that doesn't follow a schedule.

Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
as well as cause extended inconvenience
One of the most depressing things I've ever witnessed was being on a train stalled for an attempted suicide on the tracks. 2 passengers would not stop loudly complaining about how much they were inconvenienced by our 5 minute stop and demanding that they be let off the train to "beat the shit out of" the suicidal person. Another passenger complained about how the suicidal person was selfish and should've killed themselves somewhere else, and wouldn't stop pressing the "emergency call" button to demand that the train driver keep moving. The train driver, exasperated at the passenger, just said there was nothing he could do until the police arrested the person.

L

LaughingGoat

Experienced
Apr 11, 2024
I understand why people do this. If there's no other option it's okay imo. Done at night the conductors won't really see anyway.
Even if they don't witness the actual death, indirect trauma of knowing there was a person under train can still be traumatic to a conductor on their shift.
That has both a negative and positive impact. The more public inconvenience from the suicide is, the more the government and public opinion will lean towards legalizing euthanasia.
I have a hard time believing that the rare inconvenience from suicides by train would invoke societal change. In reality, even if it got to that point, there would just be more safety measures put into place around train tracks and stations.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I'd forget about the ethics of it. Personally, if it were the only method available to me, the last thing I'd be concerning myself with is how the "worst day in my life" made someone else feel.

The real problem with the method is that it's just too risky. Depending on how you're going about it, you have a good chance of NOT dying. If you plan on just jumping in front of a train, depending on how you impact it, there's a real possibility of merely being deflected away from the train. You might only be seriously injured, and end up surviving the ordeal, maybe paralyzed, maybe with neurological deficits. Who knows? IMO, the only way that even stands a reasonable chance of being successful is by laying your neck on the tracks and, hopefully, getting decapitated, or nearly decapitated, by a train wheel. And I'd certainly hope that it would be a quick death, as anything less than that would be agony beyond words.

thetruetato

thetruetato

Student
Jan 1, 2024
The main reason why it's not commonly discussed here is because of the ethical concerns associated with it. It's definitely possible but is usually considered morally wrong because it can traumatize the people on or near the train. The same applies to ctb via traffic.

Reactions: AgonizinglyAlive
Nikitatos

Nikitatos

Student
Apr 10, 2024
I know a person who used a train. It was very successful. Died instantly.

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I understand why people do this. If there's no other option it's okay imo. Done at night the conductors won't really see anyway.
I don't know how it is in your country, but here they are the ones that have to verify they really hit someone and call for the police.

I get that some people are desperate, but giving someone else a trauma isn't oke.

Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
What everyone else has said, and just... put yourself in the shoes of a hypothetical train driver for a moment. Imagine clocking into another mundane day at your job, and clocking out knowing that you inadvertently killed someone, living with that guilt forever, the question "am I a murderer?" reverberating in your mind until the day you die. That's a kind of question that destroys lives and relationships and any modicum of happiness. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. The driver could also face potential legal trouble as well, but I'm not really well versed in how exactly that would work in this particular scenario.

sash

sash

f/uk seeking partner to vanish with
Oct 1, 2023
Hi.
I had landlord, I was his lodger, he's ex train driver, loved it, quit 15 yrs before I'd met him.
Cos of a splatterer. Didnt realise at the time, thought he'd hit animal or bit of nature. No....
Still wasnt over it.

• Hugs
Reactions: AgonizinglyAlive
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
If you survive, chances are you cannot attempt with assistnace again. Surviving an impact from the train is going to leave you disabled one way or another. There is also the fear factor, it's a scary method, and many find it hard to take the jump.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I think ultimately most people, suicidal or not, know that getting hit by a train is going to be instant death over 99% of the time.

So from a pure practical level, not much wrong. The failures will be people doing it without checking where trains slow down, or go round bends etc. No one getting hit by a train moving at full speed is going to survive. If they do its a true miracle.

The issue is that it is just morally wrong on every level. Despite the rhetoric about suicide being restricted, this is generally not true. There are plenty of accessible methods which will not be traumatic to others.

iknowwhatyouredoing

iknowwhatyouredoing

something inside turned the lights out
Jan 30, 2020
there are plenty of articles and interviews online with conductors talking about the lasting trauma and emotional distress upon witnessing a rail suicide. not worth it

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
It's up to the individual deciding what method to choose, I find it really insensitive when people make it all about the driver when there is the absence of peaceful, guaranteed methods that are available for all.

The fact that people are denied access to a painless guaranteed and accessible suicide pill or poison is a disgusting crime to me especially as we never consented to this cruel, meaningless existence in the first place. I really despise how we exist in such an anti-suicide society and it disgusts me when people complain about desperate suicidal people left with no other options but to resort to brutal suicide methods all because they cannot have the option to die peacefully. Sad how many have no compassion for the suffering of suicidal people.

Partizan

Partizan

Jun 29, 2023
I also respectfully challenge everyone on this site who says they can't access a gun in their region as there is no country or region where you cannot obtain one through sporting or off-market means.
you make it sound so easy. very unlikely for someone with no friends whatsoever and a history of psychiatric illnesses to just go and get a gun. ive tried illegitimate methods through online marketplaces, and even then i would be better off buying lottery tickets until i win enough money to bribe my way to one.

besides, its not like CTB by gun is a pretty sight either, someones finding you eventually and its alot harder to scrape brains off surfaces than to put a body and a head in a bag.

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
What's wrong? Well a guy in NYC killed his girlfriend, and then he jumped in front of a speeding train, but instead of being killed, his legs were cut off--Now, he has no legs and will spend the rest of his life in prison

• Aww..
L

LaughingGoat

Experienced
Apr 11, 2024
you make it sound so easy. very unlikely for someone with no friends whatsoever and a history of psychiatric illnesses to just go and get a gun. ive tried illegitimate methods through online marketplaces, and even then i would be better off buying lottery tickets until i win enough money to bribe my way to one.
You want to stay away from darknet for gun purchases. Best bet is off-market local sellers, it's not too dissimilar to how you would acquire drugs locally. You don't need to bribe anyone, gun dealers make their living selling guns and I can absolutely guarantee you they exist in every country. I don't mean to make it sound easy without putting in work, but I think it's worth the effort if someone is suffering.

BlueCup

BlueCup

Apr 27, 2024
You have to be able to travel to some unsecured train tracks, not everyone is healthy enough to do that.

You also have to do it sitting down, legs flat, on the tracks otherwise your body will be split in half and you will agonize for some time before losing enough blood to go unconscious.

By the way, how can we find unsecured spots ?

Last edited:
L

LaughingGoat

Experienced
Apr 11, 2024
I don't know how it is in your country, but here they are the ones that have to verify they really hit someone and call for the police.

I get that some people are desperate, but giving someone else a trauma isn't oke.
Building on this, I think those of us who are suicidal should have even more empathy than the average person regarding these issues. We all commiserate about the suffering that exists in the world and often talk about other people's role in perpetuating it, but then we rationalize causing other people suffering/trauma. Seems hypocritical to me.

Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Student
Feb 25, 2024
living with that guilt forever, the question "am I a murderer?" reverberating in your mind until the day you die
How is it he is a murderer? What could he do to prevent it? There is no guilt of the driver that the train cannot stop fast enough.

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
How is it he is a murderer? What could he do to prevent it? There is no guilt of the driver that the train cannot stop fast enough.
He didn't say he was a murderer, but the engineer may experience the guilt and agony as if he was. Humans emotion aren't exactly rational or logical, if that were the case something like survival guilt wouldn't exist.

Reactions: Saturn_
Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
Of course it isn't their fault, but I could definitely imagine a feeling of guilt from them being the one to operate the train that kills someone in this hypothetical scenario. It's less about intent and more about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I suffer from OCD and it makes me recognize that guilt can often be caused by scenarios that aren't exactly our fault, where we experience trauma and our minds frame it to be our responsibility. Perhaps it isn't rational, but it is extremely painful.

Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Student
Feb 25, 2024
By the way, I have a memory from my primary school childhood. Our train stopped for some reason. People talked that the train hit someone. I saw some people making fuss outside. I stuck my head out of the window and looked down. I saw a human body cut in half just under the window. I got very scary and stuck my head back in less than a second. Still cannot be sure whether I really saw it or that was just my imagination: the memories are very vague, probably because the psyche tends to displace traumatic events. Anyway, I am glad for him if that is what he wanted to do.

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
It's wrong because it's using another person as a object, as a prop in your suicide.