Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
My mother has prescription of zopiclone. She has given it to me before to try. She uses it for insomnia.

It hits me like benzo tbh. It can make me sleep but it seriously relaxes my body.

For me (you know like take as needed medication?) Clornazapam is great for that. This seems like it could be as well as like an occasional thing so maybe I'll bring it up to my.doctor.

Not tryna get addicted to anything but holy hell it's been the ONLY thing to soothe me this week.

Anyone have any experience good or bad with this?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Flippy and jgm63
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
Kinda know how you feel, have just been prescribed this for 14 days but knocks me out within maybe half an hour. Seems to be somewhat similar to benzos in onset but feels a lot more potent to me. It's supposed to help me sleep and I guess it does but it doesn't really feel much like I've been to sleep, more like I've skipped ahead a few chapters on a dvd!

Amorphous Blob

Amorphous Blob

Jan 30, 2020
Zopiclone is a z-class drug, like you experienced very similar to benzos but has the same freaky side effects as ambien. I'll nevee touch the stuff again after I took a few pills one night, blacked out and woke up 5 miles away, blacked out and woke up again in someplace i didn't know. This happened throughout the night, I literally don't know how I even managed to get out my flat let alone MILES away from where I started. Eventually came to in a park about 7 miles from my flat and had to walk back. Lesson here is if you're gonna use it I'd reccomend to atick to low doses, not more than 15mg. I took about 170mg when this happened but had a pretty strong tolerence to gaba at the time. In comparison I've taken up to 500mg vallium and just passed out and woken up after a long sleep

Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
Zopiclone is a z-class drug, like you experienced very similar to benzos but has the same freaky side effects as ambien. I'll nevee touch the stuff again after I took a few pills one night, blacked out and woke up 5 miles away, blacked out and woke up again in someplace i didn't know. This happened throughout the night, I literally don't know how I even managed to get out my flat let alone MILES away from where I started. Eventually came to in a park about 7 miles from my flat and had to walk back. Lesson here is if you're gonna use it I'd reccomend to atick to low doses, not more than 15mg. I took about 170mg when this happened but had a pretty strong tolerence to gaba at the time. In comparison I've taken up to 500mg vallium and just passed out and woken up after a long sleep
Wow, that's a hell of an experience! Had some minor similar things like that happen but not on that scale. Just woke up a few times presume I had been sleep walking. Wasn't on zopiclone was on Prozac. Don't really know if the Prozac was to blame but several times woke up standing in the kitchen or in the computer room, house completely dark and silent was quite disorienting and a little worrying at the time. Won't risk taking any more than minimum dose of zopiclone after what you've said! :-0

Amorphous Blob

Amorphous Blob

Jan 30, 2020
Wow, that's a hell of an experience! Had some minor similar things like that happen but not on that scale. Just woke up a few times presume I had been sleep walking. Wasn't on zopiclone was on Prozac. Don't really know if the Prozac was to blame but several times woke up standing in the kitchen or in the computer room, house completely dark and silent was quite disorienting and a little worrying at the time. Won't risk taking any more than minimum dose of zopiclone after what you've said! :-0
Yeah I've curtailed a lot of my other recreational using since those days, only really smoke hash or shatter nowadays. With my experience though everyone's different, never been on prozac so no idea. You should be fine up to 15mg on zopiclone but I wouldn't go straight to it but it's efficacy does diminish past that as well, i.e extra 7.5 past 15 is equivalent to only about 5 below, not exact numbers (not sure if that wording makes sense, think along the lines of a bell curve). I've had friends who've used zopiclone for longer periods of time and not had the same experience but I took way too much... only other thing I feel should be said is the withdrawals are very similar to benzos as well, when I stopped zopiclone I didn't have as severe as benzos buy mileage may vary-from benzos I had went into coma after od and a lot of seizures for next couple months. Still get the occasional one now but not black out seizures anymore and a lot less frequent. I was taking a lot of opioid and quetiapine at that time as well which I'm sure made it worse so it won't get that bad. Sorry got damn keyboard diarrhea tonight

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Flippy
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
Yeah I've curtailed a lot of my other recreational using since those days, only really smoke hash or shatter nowadays. With my experience though everyone's different, never been on prozac so no idea. You should be fine up to 15mg on zopiclone but I wouldn't go straight to it but it's efficacy does diminish past that as well, i.e extra 7.5 past 15 is equivalent to only about 5 below, not exact numbers (not sure if that wording makes sense, think along the lines of a bell curve). I've had friends who've used zopiclone for longer periods of time and not had the same experience but I took way too much... only other thing I feel should be said is the withdrawals are very similar to benzos as well, when I stopped zopiclone I didn't have as severe as benzos buy mileage may vary-from benzos I had went into coma after od and a lot of seizures for next couple months. Still get the occasional one now but not black out seizures anymore and a lot less frequent. I was taking a lot of opioid and quetiapine at that time as well which I'm sure made it worse so it won't get that bad. Sorry got damn keyboard diarrhea tonight
Hey sounds like you've had some pretty testing experiences there. I get what you mean about the bell curve. To be honest I'm only on the lowest dose of zopiclone so I think even doubling it would likely put me out for a good few hours! I take quetiapine too, that stuff used to knock me out pretty quickly but I can take 500 my and not even feel slightly sedated these days! Can't imagine what it would be like with an opiode too! I'm quite sensitive to pharmaceuticals of any variety personally. And hey don't worry about the keyboard diarrhea! I can be guilty of it my self! :-)

Reactions: Amorphous Blob
Amorphous Blob

Amorphous Blob

Jan 30, 2020
Hey sounds like you've had some pretty testing experiences there. I get what you mean about the bell curve. To be honest I'm only on the lowest dose of zopiclone so I think even doubling it would likely put me out for a good few hours! I take quetiapine too, that stuff used to knock me out pretty quickly but I can take 500 my and not even feel slightly sedated these days! Can't imagine what it would be like with an opiode too! I'm quite sensitive to pharmaceuticals of any variety personally. And hey don't worry about the keyboard diarrhea! I can be guilty of it my self! :-)
Wait how'd you give emote's other than a like.. i'm on mobile so dunno if that's why. Thank you man, I feel fucking stupid for a lot of them as they were self-created when it really comes down to it, nobody made me I was just an idiot with no foresight. 500's more daily than i was taking tbf, was taking 300 semi regularly but like sometimes i'd take 600-900 and have a big ass feast, always made me crave kfc for some reason lol. It's pretty fucky taking opioid at the same time, like not good pretty unpleasant I'd do different days, like take codeine,hydro or both one day, quetiapine next sorta deal i k ow you're not supposed to but I was a dummy at the time, especially taking together the quetiapine kills off a lot of the more pleasant buzz from codeine/hydro and just compounded the heavy head/drowsiness of to absurd levels, if you saw me at that time my head would be kinda like those sipping ducks you can get which keep dipping into the water, like one of these : https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3a/Sipping_Bird.jpg

Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
I got some from my psych. I guess od isn't possible with such otc drugs, although it's not a benzo?