MeowTheFlemishCat

MeowTheFlemishCat

"The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes"
Mar 3, 2023
You're not here to be happy although if happiness makes people want to reproduce then that will be selected for. That's why the majority aren't fucking depressed and suicidal because that's not what's condusive or what we selected for.

• Love
Reactions: gerot, The Final Solution, Immensevoid and 2 others
RomaineLettuce

RomaineLettuce

only 8 calories per cup
Jan 22, 2023
i think people are just on copium that world will get better, so they believe surviving is "worth" it.

Reactions: Klophy and IfyouareamanWinston
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
You're not here to be happy although if happiness makes people want to reproduce then that will be selected for. That's why the majority aren't fucking depressed and suicidal because that's not what's condusive or what we selected for.
Happiness does not make people want to reproduce... it is reproducing that makes people happy... theoretically if we look at it from a biological point of view I suppose

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
My therapist confirmed this for me before giving up on me.

"Your brain is meant to keep you alive, not happy. Thats why we have to work through our past experiences and relearn new coping mechanisms to fix that."

Say what you will about that, but it's true that we are meant to want to live even at the cost of our own mental wellbeing.

• Aww..
Reactions: gerot, edu0z and hi-okbye
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
i actually agree with this a bunch. nobody is meant to be happy. think of simple organisms, they don't even feel emotion, all they do is survive and reproduce. we're only ment to stay alive, and in all honesty, it simply doesn't matter if we don't. sure people care about you, but the world is made for survival of the fittest. if you can't live in this world, you die out to make room for ones who've adapted and can.

i think people are just on copium that world will get better, so they believe surviving is "worth" it.
i agree with this too. our world is basically falling apart, and every once in a while somebody does a tiny something to "help", doesn't do much, but it gives people hope i guess.

• Hugs
Reactions: gerot and edu0z
Spike Spiegel

Spike Spiegel

Sep 26, 2022
To a degree I agree with this. I mean on the survival pyramid there is no level for happiness. But I think at the same time the opposite can be true. We can choose to be happy at the failure of survival. Those who get high but in the process hurt their body. Those who don't prescribe to living among society and remove themselves and live in near isolation, those who partake in extreme hobbies but need the rush. More then likely they will live a shorter life then someone who lives "correctly". But their level of happiness up until death may have been greater. Regardless I think everybody should have the autonomy to make this choice.