Ariadne.Waits

Ariadne.Waits

Nov 8, 2023
Tell me about your username. Where did it come from? Was it just for this site?

'Ariadne, in Greek mythology, daughter of Pasiphae and the Cretan king Minos. She fell in love with the Athenian hero Theseus and, with a thread or glittering jewels, helped him escape the Labyrinth after he slew the Minotaur, a beast half bull and half man that Minos kept in the Labyrinth. Here the legends diverge: she was abandoned by Theseus and hanged herself; or, Theseus carried her to Naxos and left her there to die, and she was rescued by and married the god Dionysus.'

So, my husband first broke my heart when we first dated. We were 23, and it was 2007. A song by The Crüxshadows came out and a friend sent it to me.
OOF.
A few years later and a little older we decided to give it another try.
Now it is 2023, 10 years and married since.
He wants a divorce.

This song has always been a memory and I feel like if it was relatable 15 years ago it *really* is now.
So here I wait.

I could talk about my story forever, but if you're interested I am linking the lyrics and the song for anyone who would like.

How about you? Give me everything you would like to.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, ForeverBroken and 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆
𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
I think mine is self-explanatory :pfff:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: dimaxim, noSuffering, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
urwelcomelb

urwelcomelb

There was nobody there.
Nov 23, 2023
I made up my username on the spot for this site. "lb" are the initials of one of the main people who pushed me to this point, so my username is just a passive aggressive "your welcome, I'm going to die because of you"… probably petty, but alas

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, ForeverBroken and Ariadne.Waits
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's named after the piece of music Funeral Cry by Dark Sanctuary. The lyrics are about wishing for death so I guess I thought it'd be an appropriate username for a suicide forum.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
im constantly being pulled between life and death

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and ForeverBroken
ForeverBroken

ForeverBroken

Memento mori
Jun 17, 2023
Mine was created for this site and pretty much describes how I feel most of the time.

• Hugs
eddy hendryx

eddy hendryx

lay me in the river
Nov 27, 2023
Made mine using a name similar to how I'm called IRL and the "Hendryx" it's because of Devon Hendryx, one of my favorite artists

• Hugs
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Seered Doom has two meanings.

The Seer of Doom God Tier title in Homestuck means someone who foresees death, decay, and destruction of themselves, their team, and possibly up to the universe.

Seered is also a play on the word Seared which means burned, reflective of an anarchist nature.

Doom is like the doomer nature and a reflection of the opposite of a hopeful utopia is a doomed dystopia. Society as it is now falls towards the latter. That's what my username means to me.

• Hugs
annointed_towers

annointed_towers

Cursed by God
Dec 9, 2022
My name's meaning from Latin and Spanish

• Hugs
D

Desp

Nov 27, 2023
Mine is short for despair as that username is not available.

• Hugs
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Praestat mori (Latin) = It's better to die

Mori praestat, quam haec pati = It's better to die than to suffer this.

This is a quote which is attributed to Cicero.

• Hugs
Reactions: Desp
traumer

traumer

the thorn
Nov 18, 2023
tbh it just evolved from a song i listen to. the song is traumfrau by and one... i don't even know german. i saw it and thought the word "traum" looked pretty and added an er to it. turns out it means dreamer, pretty cool ig 😭

• Hugs
S

sad_rock

Student
Aug 27, 2023
I feel like a rock that is getting kicked around at times

• Hugs
dejaentendu

dejaentendu

die young and save yourself!
Nov 28, 2023
my username is named after the album deja entendu by brand new, meaning already heard. that album has gotten me through a lot

• Hugs
兎の耳

兎の耳

The ghost of a girl who never lived.
Aug 3, 2023
兎の耳 is usagi no mimi or "rabbit ears". I just love the japanese language and also rabbits.

• Hugs
CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Nov 2, 2023
Just for this site. From the phrase curiosity killed the cat.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I.. just wish I was dead

girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
just for this site, thy are the three real genders xp

woz

woz

Sep 29, 2023
I borrowed it from a Japanese song, which is named "Wozwald". It eventually became my favourite for some period, I was replaying it multiple times cause of how it was helping me with entering my imagination world.
One day I was registering my account at a game and I was thinking about how I would like to be called. I decided to take that name. I like how it sounds, looks in letters and the character, who had that name. Therefore that name became my main nickname
With some time I came up with a thought, that it looks to serious and long for a nickname in games. I shortened it with Woz and started asking my mates to call my that way from now on.

Aesthetic guy

Aesthetic guy

Just hanging around...
Dec 13, 2022
om obsessed with aesthetic photos, therefore...

stonerexia

stonerexia

worst anorexic
Nov 26, 2023
i smoke a lot of weed and i have anorexia

waRmblanket

waRmblanket

she/her - trying my best, hoping it’s enough.
Mar 16, 2023
i was laying in my bed when making my account. i wanted something tied to me personally, but not PERSONALLY. i was looking around and thought hard, first thing that came to mind was 'blanket' i went on from there and added waRm. the R means nothing, but i jokingly say it stands for Rage:)

N

necrosephelia

Aug 21, 2022
necrophelia and rose. thought it was cool to combine the opposites into a username

Firework

Firework

Nov 27, 2023
i wanna go out with a firework. for everyone to see. or even alone idc. just something that surprises the people around me