gummyshark

gummyshark

loathing
Aug 27, 2024
(pretty long vent)

2 years ago was the first time I've opened up to someone about what I was going through, how I was suffering and my self harm. And let's just say, it rlly fucking sucked. No comfort, just full on guilt tripping. All she did was mostly change the topic and sometimes make it about herself, and sadly, people like these are not uncommon. I feel like anyone who's here has at least experienced smth like this.

I told her I felt like ending my life.
Her responses consists of mostly

"you have ppl who love you, why would you do that?" "just cuz ur life sucks doesn't mean you should kill yourself" and one I rlly hate, which was "im older, what about me? Im more stressed out and have anxiety, i have to go through more like studying." like… ok..? it doesn't matter if you're older, why are you making it about yourself? Is this a competition?

There was an even worse one and I'll literally copy paste what she wrote. "What abt the ppl who didn't wanna lose their life to Covid but had to? That's SAD and you wanna lose your life because of stress?" I'm sad to hear that a lot of people lost their life to Covid, but what can I do about that? If anything, I wish i was one of those people. I wish I could lose my life like that.

Afterwards, I opened up about my self harm and she wrote "shut up before I do smth to myself." are you threatening me that you're gonna harm yourself if I harm myself? That's fucking sick and twisted. What kinda person are you?

Even after all that, I had no one else to talk to so I just vented to her, she never replied to those vents or acknowledged it, after a day of sending those messages, she js goes on and pretended like I didn't say anything.

"live for the ppl who u trust" "if you hurt yourself again, i won't talk to you anymore" "tell me how you cut yourself just now, so i can do it tmrw. Tmrw I'll cut myself" "promise me that you won't cut yourself" is that suppose to make me feel better? You're making me feel guilty.

And then she proceeded to cut herself and then posted it on her instagram story with the texts "just cut myself and made myself bleedπŸ‘πŸ»"

I'm sorry but what? Who cuts themselves and then posts it on social media? Is this all for attention?

I vented to her again and all she said was"ooh" and then went on to talk about something else.

I guess she's one of the reasons I rarely open up to close ppl now.

I'd rlly like to hear what you guys would've done and your thoughts cuz I surely can't be the only one who thinks that this is fucking messed up.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: alienfreak, wren-briar, Rudi and 5 others
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
With a friend like that who needs enemies? I genuinely hope you've cut them out of your life because they seem like they are a toxic piece of shit. Who responds to someone opening up about such a vulnerable thing in such an insensitive and self-absorbed manner? The fact that she decided to also start threatening to harm herself when you opened up about your self-harm and then proceeded to do it and post it on social media was especially disgusting and manipulative. Again, I really hope you cut her out of your life.

• Love
Reactions: wren-briar and gummyshark
gummyshark

gummyshark

loathing
Aug 27, 2024
With a friend like that who needs enemies? I genuinely hope you've cut them out of your life because they seem like they are a toxic piece of shit. Who responds to someone opening up about such a vulnerable thing in such an insensitive and self-absorbed manner? The fact that she decided to also start threatening to harm herself when you opened up about your self-harm and then proceeded to do it and post it on social media was especially disgusting and manipulative. Again, I really hope you cut her out of your life.
I just sort of stopped talking to her. But even now she's still the same shitty person as before, she messaged me for my birthday a few weeks ago, the text she sent was "happy birthday and stop harming yourself". Still a shitty person like last time.. even on a day that's supposed to be considered 'happy' she still found a way to bring up smth bad from my past.

• Aww..
Reactions: wren-briar
DeadNotSleeping

DeadNotSleeping

Look at my wrist! Gotta go.
Oct 7, 2024
Yeahhh no fuck that. I'd cut her off completely at that point. That isn't a friend at all. That's a self-centered person. I bet when you two aren't talking about things like this she dominates the conversation with her life? that shit is so frustrating.

Reactions: wren-briar and ForgottenAgain
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I just sort of stopped talking to her. But even now she's still the same shitty person as before, she messaged me for my birthday a few weeks ago, the text she sent was "happy birthday and stop harming yourself". Still a shitty person like last time.. even on a day that's supposed to be considered 'happy' she still found a way to bring up smth bad from my past.
I bet she patted her self on the back for that. πŸ˜’

Marco77

Marco77

Γ€ ma maniΓ¨re πŸͺ¦
Aug 18, 2024
Those are people who waste your time. Delete...

Reactions: wren-briar and gummyshark
rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
I have such a person in my life as well. It is my sister literally. She always makes it about herself, talks like an empty therapist, always knows what is best for me, even if I have other wishes and of course finds it totally inadequate to have the wish to kill yourself. No matter what happens, she calls it Β»frustratingΒ« at most or explains how she has similar problems but does not suffer so much from it (which is because she does not hat similar problems).

It really do not get it how people can be so unempathetic. I think it is because of the way society looks at suicide in general and how people are blunted (also through the many stories you observe today; there is always somebody who has it worse).

It is especially hard if you want to talk to someone and you have nobody but that unempathetic person. A special kind of torture.

• Love
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
That is disgusting behaviour, I'm so sorry you were met with such horrible responses when you opened up your heart, no wonder you don't feel like opening up to people. If it was me, I would have put up thick concrete walls after that. That person is manipulative, especially the part of cutting herself and posting on Instagram. I don't want to be mean but the words that come to my head when I read that were "she's not right in the head".

You don't need a person like that in your life, she will just bring you down and damage you even more. The line of "people died of covid when they wanted to live and you want to die is wrong" sounds like a rehashed version of "you must eat because there's kids starving in Africa".

• Love
gummyshark

gummyshark

loathing
Aug 27, 2024
Yeahhh no fuck that. I'd cut her off completely at that point. That isn't a friend at all. That's a self-centered person. I bet when you two aren't talking about things like this she dominates the conversation with her life? that shit is so frustrating.
yeah she always manages to makes things abt herself.
I bet she patted her self on the back for that. πŸ˜’
she definitely thought she was doing a 'good thing'
I have such a person in my life as well. It is my sister literally. She always makes it about herself, talks like an empty therapist, always knows what is best for me, even if I have other wishes and of course finds it totally inadequate to have the wish to kill yourself. No matter what happens, she calls it Β»frustratingΒ« at most or explains how she has similar problems but does not suffer so much from it (which is because she does not hat similar problems).

It really do not get it how people can be so unempathetic. I think it is because of the way society looks at suicide in general and how people are blunted (also through the many stories you observe today; there is always somebody who has it worse).

It is especially hard if you want to talk to someone and you have nobody but that unempathetic person. A special kind of torture.
Those types of people probably think they're better than others. Must be difficult especially when your sister is one of those.
That is disgusting behaviour, I'm so sorry you were met with such horrible responses when you opened up your heart, no wonder you don't feel like opening up to people. If it was me, I would have put up thick concrete walls after that. That person is manipulative, especially the part of cutting herself and posting on Instagram. I don't want to be mean but the words that come to my head when I read that were "she's not right in the head".

You don't need a person like that in your life, she will just bring you down and damage you even more. The line of "people died of covid when they wanted to live and you want to die is wrong" sounds like a rehashed version of "you must eat because there's kids starving in Africa".
"She's not right in the head" is exactly what I thought too. it's really sad that people like her aren't that uncommon at all. It's hard to open up nowadays when society looks at suicidal people with such views.

I don't know how she even wanted me to reply to the Covid part tbh, she must be rlly messed up in the head to be saying that when someone's opening up about their struggles.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Rudi

Rudi

π•΄β€˜π–’ π–’π–ž π–”π–œπ–“ π–‘π–Žπ–‹π–Šπ–‘π–Žπ–“π–Š.
Oct 15, 2024
She's making me so mad and I don't even know her. I have a friend just like that and they pulled something similar on me yesterday, they had me so mad.

Seriously, bet she doesn't experience any better and decided to let her upset feelings out on you and she probably thought its valid to do so since a lot of people say "well the reason they hurt you is because they're upset" which sickens me.

I'm sorry for what you're going through. These are the WORST type of people, genuinely.

Side note, if you feel comfortable you can open up to me, I wouldn't mind it. You obviously don't have to, this is just an offer <3

• Love
rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
Those types of people probably think they're better than others. Must be difficult especially when your sister is one of those.
It is. Especially as she is in the position to help, doing well herself. But she has so strict ideas of what I have to do, that does not at all match with what I would do to recover, so she does not help at all. Help should always be unconditional. This is very important.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: gummyshark and wren-briar
I

ilk

Jun 1, 2024
i really dislike shitty ppl like this. i hope u find a way better person or ppl to open up to & cut her off for good.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: gummyshark and wren-briar
gummyshark

gummyshark

loathing
Aug 27, 2024
She's making me so mad and I don't even know her. I have a friend just like that and they pulled something similar on me yesterday, they had me so mad.

Seriously, bet she doesn't experience any better and decided to let her upset feelings out on you and she probably thought its valid to do so since a lot of people say "well the reason they hurt you is because they're upset" which sickens me.

I'm sorry for what you're going through. These are the WORST type of people, genuinely.

Side note, if you feel comfortable you can open up to me, I wouldn't mind it. You obviously don't have to, this is just an offer <3
I hope you stopped talking to that person, keeping people like these in your life are gonna ruin you.

and thanks for that offer, I'll definitely think about it !! :))

• Hugs
Reactions: Rudi
Rudi

Rudi

Oct 15, 2024
I hope you stopped talking to that person, keeping people like these in your life are gonna ruin you.

and thanks for that offer, I'll definitely think about it !! :))
Im trying to stop but suddenly they're having the need to keep me close to them, dunno why.

and no problem! :D take care

• Hugs
Reactions: gummyshark
rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
Im trying to stop but suddenly they're having the need to keep me close to them, dunno why.
Maybe they are even crazier than you thought or they, after all, do care about you in some way. When something similar happens again, I would tell them to screw off as there is no need for such shit.

Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020
I think the codeine rush is one of the best feelings in the worldπŸ˜…

Rudi

Rudi

Oct 15, 2024
Maybe they are even crazier than you thought or they, after all, do care about you in some way. When something similar happens again, I would tell them to screw off as there is no need for such shit.
I believe that actions speak louder than words and if they do care they could atleast show it. Like, just a little bit, maybe, even that would be enough.
But, yeah, I kinda stopped talking to those people.

Reactions: Defenestration