obei

obei

This is the only place where you can say “kys”
Aug 4, 2023
Idk it just seems like everyone wants mentally ill people to live at all costs - suffering or not. I am not exactly the one that would push people and tell them to ctb, but I dont feel like making people live in suffering just to make yourself happy is just cruel

Reactions: ihatemylife, Kerrtu, Cats keep me alive and 11 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I find it disgusting how there is such a thing as suicide prevention month as suicide isn't something to be prevented, it's an individuals choice when to take control over their inevitable fate, suicide prevention is only prolonging suffering and such a thing just creates more harm.

People deserve to have their wish to die respected instead as the right to die is compassionate and is a human right after all, nobody is obligated to continue existing here. And suicide prevention disgusts me as not everyone even wants to exist in the first place and for many people the only relief lies in death, suicide is something relieving as it means freedom from suffering.

Reactions: ihatemylife, nomennescio, Kerrtu and 10 others
Davey36000

Davey36000

I'm not the dog in the picture
Jun 12, 2023
People use band aids but never fix the root problems...

Suicidal people will continue to exist in this type of society.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ihatemylife, emptyshell, Kerrtu and 8 others
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
It's just something pro lifers have made up so that they can feel like they are contributing to some noble cause and to sate their hero complex. Though I assume that they have good intentions.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988, LonelyKitten, Gonnerr and 3 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
BS

Last edited:
Reactions: ihatemylife, Kerrtu, mono and 2 others
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
It's a waste of time and energy.

Reactions: ihatemylife, Kerrtu, mono and 1 other person
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
What a joke

Reactions: ihatemylife, Hollowman, nomennescio and 2 others
X

Xta4Love

Student
Dec 25, 2021
I might celebrate this month by CBTing

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ihatemylife, outrider567, Hollowman and 15 others
unending_emptiness

unending_emptiness

Why don’t I feel anything at all?
Aug 20, 2023
I wish I could be delusional and think that suicide prevention is so great. But really nothing happens during those 30 days. It's just a month where well- off individuals feel good about themselves by talking about suicide and how it's so horrible and can never be the right solution. I don't believe it even prevents a person from committing suicide as every year the same words are repeated and it does not help that all the slogans, campaigns and posts are so generic. What disturbs me the most is that I bet some people are making a profit from this month. Just posting something anti suicide in September (or even any month even ) will land you with so much praise and compliments. And thing is, a lot of us suicidal people are never represented correctly: in movies, in ads, you name it. Sucide prevention month is very comical especially seeing those ads featuring suicidal characters and the ads saying the same generic bullsh*it every single time. I guess I don't mind it cause it can get me a good laugh every so often.

• Yay!
Reactions: ihatemylife, Hollowman, nomennescio and 9 others
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
Hate it. I feel like it doesn't do anything. "Recognize the signs!!" but when most people see those signs they don't come to this conclusion. "Someone's withdrawn and saying dangerous or concerning things? Better stay away from them."

Also find it very annoying that I'm reminded of it more frequently. I always think I can't get worse, then I do, coincidentally on these weeks/months.

Reactions: ihatemylife, Kerrtu, Forever Sleep and 5 others
D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
To hell with it. September has always been my preferred month to leave.

Reactions: Xta4Love, Bluebunnysky, corazon and 2 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Its sickening how such a month exists. What I understand is that people want to prevent people from finding peace even further than they already do, by making a month dedicated to it. People should respect our right to die and not interfere with our choices. Furthermore, they should not decide what is right or wrong for us. Our body, our rules.
I cannot agree more

Last edited:
Reactions: Xta4Love, Kerrtu, Bluebunnysky and 3 others
Huggs

Huggs

Wish for peace
Jul 6, 2023
Suicide prevention is quite literally just tossing someone into jail, stripping them of their rights for wanting to leave this terrible planet then bleeding them dry for cash.

Reactions: Hollowman, Kerrtu, Praestat_Mori and 6 others
TheRottingContinues

TheRottingContinues

Low consciousness
Aug 23, 2023
Unpopular opinion, but I honestly believe suicide prevention month is a good thing. Somebody who's on the fence about CTB might be helped by it. What I don't believe to deny somebody the right to die. If somebody has taken a rational look at their life and decided that they want to die, it's not up to an outside party to stop them.

Reactions: Hollowman, Forever Sleep and OpalCheesecake
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Isn't every month suicide prevention month, anymore? It certainly seems like it, at least here in the states. Like every 2 minutes they show public service announcements about getting help, how to get help, to reach out for help, that kind of thing. They've been airing for months and months. Even the newscasts have gotten into the act with special segments devoted to depression, mental health, and suicide prevention.

Reactions: Forever Sleep, Praestat_Mori and spinningmyself
obei

obei

This is the only place where you can say “kys”
Aug 4, 2023
Isn't every month suicide prevention month, anymore? It certainly seems like it, at least here in the states. Like every 2 minutes they show public service announcements about getting help, how to get help, to reach out for help, that kind of thing. They've been airing for months and months. Even the newscasts have gotten into the act with special segments devoted to depression, mental health, and suicide prevention.
Wow, didnt know that since I dont live in the states. But here every year on september its like suicide prevention month and they talk about it on shows and all the social media and all that. Idk.

vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
Mixed feelings. I am pro-choice, but recognise that sometimes my urge has been almost entirely my mental health issues. People wanting to prevent those kind of deaths have my sympathy.

I have a friend who finds themself going into episodes of deep depression where he has made attempts on his life. Outside of these bad times he is glad to have failed and been helped.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and OpalCheesecake
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Perfect time to go. 😜

Reactions: Kerrtu, Praestat_Mori, Gonnerr and 1 other person
tora

tora

lonelycity
Jun 11, 2023
oh I didn't know it's suicide prevention month; that's kinda ironic since I'm planning to CTB next month lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Kerrtu, Praestat_Mori, Jealous Blackheart and 2 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Wow, didnt know that since I dont live in the states. But here every year on september its like suicide prevention month and they talk about it on shows and all the social media and all that. Idk.
Some of it may have to do with we have a very much pro-life president, as far as his personal beliefs are concerned. There's definitely been an uptick in the amount of "mental health" PSAs since Biden took office. I don't begrudge him that.

A

AbsurdCapybara

Jul 16, 2023
Dick-waving virtue signaling.

Reactions: Kerrtu, OpalCheesecake and Myexit
catotoctb

catotoctb

Aug 27, 2023
Idk it just seems like everyone wants mentally ill people to live at all costs - suffering or not. I am not exactly the one that would push people and tell them to ctb, but I dont feel like making people live in suffering just to make yourself happy is just cruel
For me, it's horrible to have people telling you that suicide is an horrorful thing to do and you need to prevent it when that same people are happy o partially happy with their lives. I just think they are egoists. Nobody wants to live a life that considered horrible because we are humans and we just want to have our desired life but pro-lifers think that suicide is a selfish choice when it isn't.

- Cato

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
vault

vault

Aug 24, 2023
If always thought that if I end up CTB, i want to do it in september in spite of exactly that

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, tora, Gonnerr and 1 other person
DeadManLiving

DeadManLiving

Ticketholder
Sep 9, 2022
Suicides by the majority are not preventable. Most are permanent solutions to permanent problems, from organic pathologies to identity or personality anomalies (spanning a broad and complex multi-spectral of circumstances of inhumane and intolerable magnitude) with no known remedies and poorly understood. The more restrictions on means of access, the greater the harm to society and the suicidal survivors, as they are forced and limited to resort to less-than-lethal (train, intentional car crash, jumping) methods, which carry significantly greater casualties or permanent lifelong disabilities.

Reactions: ihatemylife, Deleted member 65988 and Praestat_Mori
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Only empty phrases, no real solution to our suffering.

For most of us , its a really good permanent solutions which is a permanent problem aka pain and life in itself.

Being set free of this world is ok and the right to die is constantly flouted by society.

Earth is beautiful but society and that shitty species aka human being = shit. Too bad we have to set ourself free from that shitty society with the best methods we can.

Last edited:
mochiie

mochiie

ℨℨℨ.
Aug 25, 2023
There's literally no point of it. It's a waste and doesn't prevent a damn thing.

mono

mono

I hope my last breath is a sigh of relief.
Jul 11, 2023
I find it sickening that people force others to live because they think that life is great. It's not their choice on whether someone lives or not. It's just selfish.

zurukunai

zurukunai

Sep 23, 2022
if they really wanted to stop me from killing myself they would give me the financial support i'm lacking

• Hugs