greyblue_bian

greyblue_bian

2x Failed CTB Member
Jun 10, 2022
I think that a lot of it is *very* unnecessary just like so many other things we have today, like this device I'm typing on right now. Sure, it's made things easier and more convenient, but in turn, it's given billions of people excuses to use their brains a lot less. And some of the A.I. advancements are just highly unnecessary. I mean they're replacing hobbies. Can't we just enjoy things outside of technology? I think ultimately, self-preservation will become a lot harder as technology advances. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Reactions: NumbItAll
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
Unnecessary, like all science. It will also introduce new ways humans can suffer. All we need to do is agree to phase our species out.

Reactions: NumbItAll and greyblue_bian
Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
We're well past the point where tech isn't "adding" or "augmenting" people. Now outright makes us redundant, replaceable, supersedes us, etc.

Reactions: greyblue_bian and NumbItAll
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Unnecessary, like all science. It will also introduce new ways humans can suffer. All we need to do is agree to phase our species out.
Sci ncs peace mthd, ai posbl hlp give all bio peace mthd

Float On Okay

Float On Okay

I won’t be okay.
May 13, 2020
I think it's wonderful. It has more pros than cons, overall, I believe. There will always be the luddites. It probably won't be very beneficial directly to the people on this site, including me, so I could see how many people here would dislike it. I speak for myself when I say, I'm not exactly a good spokesman for human societal achievement and potential.

Last edited:
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Hard to get too excited about an arms race to develop new, unimaginably powerful tech by shady companies who only pay lip service to ethics and responsible integration. "They're just tools," but I have no reason to trust humans to implement them in a truly beneficial way for all. What I really want personally is genuine connection and a sense of belonging, and none of this tech has anything to do with that, so it is all pointless to me. I also believe that humans are wired to suffer no matter what, and once you solve one problem, a new one emerges. Maybe the next great advancement will actually address that at the root:

Instructions: "Eliminate all suffering on Earth."
Robot: *scans the environment, proceeds to terminate all sentient life*

Reactions: OceanBlue, greyblue_bian and TAW122
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Hard to get too excited about an arms race to develop new, unimaginably powerful tech by shady companies who only pay lip service to ethics and responsible integration. "They're just tools," but I have no reason to trust humans to implement them in a truly beneficial way for all. What I really want personally is genuine connection and a sense of belonging, and none of this tech has anything to do with that, so it is all pointless to me. I also believe that humans are wired to suffer no matter what, and once you solve one problem, a new one emerges. Maybe the next great advancement will actually address that at the root:

If the robot does end up terminating all sentient life, then I would hope it would be a peaceful transition rather than a brutal, painful one. Of course, the downside is that the pro-lifers who desperately cling onto life at all costs would be affected, but for us, it would solve our problem of suffering.

CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022

Human argnt species think ctrl all this no posbl , human also crprt no posbl ctrl all ai ,this future chsos also show human limit ,also this acadmy awfl prolif try cnsr all info.