nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
ive always been dissuaded by psychs in fear of unearthing additional trauma / early onset psychosis. im in a spot now where id just kill myself if it affected me negatively. please share any neg/pos experiences youve had with psychs (lsd, dmt, shrooms, etc).

Reactions: ChronicRain and blazysuzan
living once

living once

Student
Jan 7, 2023
The first and only time I had acid was with 2 good queer friends and a trans girl I never met who was a mutual friend through one them for a night in a Marriott. Shit was definitely weird to say the least, very mood lifting and great for introspection (in my case) if you're feeling good but if you're not in the right mood it really will be 8-12 hours of hell. In your case, I don't think it would be worth the risk unless you have a tripsitter with you in a secure location.

blazysuzan

blazysuzan

Jun 2, 2021
tbh it's not worth the risk if you're already not in a good spot (and introspection isn't what you're looking for), but i will say you can definitely still enjoy psychedelics despite it

my worst experience on psychs was when i took 10gs of shrooms and had an absolute blast for a couple of hours, but made the mistake of turning the lights off in the room i was in. the trip turned into hell from that point on. faced a lot of shit i had buried deep within me and im still trying to figure out a lot of what happened that night. on psychs sometimes the smallest negative influence can drastically impact your trip, and you're forced to ride it out. one second you're giggling at absolutely nothing and then next you've convinced yourself you've died.

at the same time ive also made some of my favorite memories on psychs and bonded with sm people over them. there's never a 100% guarantee you'll have a good time on psychs but you can always take steps to decrease the likelihood of a bad trip. take with people you feel safe around, in an environnement you feel safe in, etc etc.

Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
Well then, for how troubled my mind is, guess I best stay away from the shrooms. No going Super Mario for me!

western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
disclaimer: am 35, mentally ill, and first did psychedelics when I was 22-23. I've had a few panic attacks on psychedelics over the years, but it's rare that a trip brings up problems for me that I can't handle. I wouldn't try psychedelics for the first time alone. I will go long periods of time (months or years) of being afraid of psychedelics, and hardly used them at all in 2022. And then there will be times when I do acid multiple days a week - for a few weeks in 2018 I had a 3 days on 1 day off microdose schedule to help stay active during meth w/d, have done large doses multiple times at the same festival, and during times of crisis have used acid every 5-10 days to help my brain change. And I think I'm in one of those phases now.

Lately, I have been using LSD about once a week. It's stopped me from being suicidal, for now. Last week I took acid and thought intently about suicide during the trip, imagining what it would be like to do certain things like pack a bag, book a hotel, drive there, etc. How it would feel to see my gf for the last time, and drive away from my home knowing I would not be coming back. And it felt terrible! I don't want to go through with ctb given my current circumstances.

It hasn't helped me solve any of my problems - I still do not have income and still do not feel like getting a job. If my gf doesn't get a job we will still run out of money & face eviction, and I still plan to ctb in that situation. But I haven't been waking up wanting to die & am no longer spending a large portion of my days dwelling on death. I took two tabs again on Monday, and I'll most likely continue with the weekly dosing until something changes.

Nihilistic_Hero

Nihilistic_Hero

Feb 22, 2023
Personal experience with acid was pretty bad, stayed in my system longer than I wanted, and my roommates of the time, were having a party right outside my room so hearing voices come from outside my room was tripping me out. I convinced myself we were being raided by the police since I saw police lights outside my apartment; what really happened was someone just got pulled over in front of the building.

As long as you're 100% comfortable with peeps you are around and the environment you are in and have some form of entertainment, everything should go well. I recommend taking it in the morning so you got some nice sunshine rather then all night bender.

personally the trip I had was pretty bad so accepted acid isn't for me, it is what it is.

Miss Anthropy

Miss Anthropy

....and the sky turned black
Dec 28, 2022
I am currently in a ketamine therapy program and i can say that it definatley helps in the days i get to do it. I noticed immediately that it helps with sleep and gives me a break from being in my body. I am greatful for the opportunity to be in such a program. It has never been scary for me but i understand everyone will experience this in a different way. I know it has helped me, if only a small bit and i would encourage anyone to try it when they feel ready. I hope this helps you on your journey! šŸ–¤ Hugs šŸ„°

• Love
Reactions: ChronicRain
nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
tbh it's not worth the risk if you're already not in a good spot (and introspection isn't what you're looking for), but i will say you can definitely still enjoy psychedelics despite it

my worst experience on psychs was when i took 10gs of shrooms and had an absolute blast for a couple of hours, but made the mistake of turning the lights off in the room i was in. the trip turned into hell from that point on. faced a lot of shit i had buried deep within me and im still trying to figure out a lot of what happened that night. on psychs sometimes the smallest negative influence can drastically impact your trip, and you're forced to ride it out. one second you're giggling at absolutely nothing and then next you've convinced yourself you've died.

at the same time ive also made some of my favorite memories on psychs and bonded with sm people over them. there's never a 100% guarantee you'll have a good time on psychs but you can always take steps to decrease the likelihood of a bad trip. take with people you feel safe around, in an environnement you feel safe in, etc etc.
well ur talking about 10 grams bro

Reactions: ChronicRain
Krieger

Krieger

yeah
Apr 16, 2022
I've tried shrooms (did morning glory seeds too once but it sucked) but nothing else, it was very pleasant. I'd avoid LSD honestly as I've known people who have had permanent damage to their vision or brains from doing it, and a lot of the LSD nowadays is fake. Trip-sitters are nice too, don't even need someone IRL i've done it over discord call. Obviously though if you think you have a predisposition to schizophrenia or a family history of it you shouldn't do psychedelics.

I wanna try mescaline and DMT next but haven't got to it.

S

sufferingextremely

Oct 9, 2021
I've heard that DMT will scare the hell out of you. From what I heard, it is like a 5x to 10x intense trip, compared to LSD, but that it doesn't last nearly as long. I've done shrooms, lsd, and ecstasy. My advice is to stay away from all of the above.

I've had good experiences (extremely good in some cases) and bad experiences. I've had experiences that started out one way and then went the other way. LSD can make you feel like you're in heaven. It's like you step into a brand new world, and suddenly all of the drab surroundings and objects you've known your whole life become fascinating. They are suddenly brand new, and at the same time, you gain a new perspective and feel like a philosopher. You feel like the secret to the universe is just one tiny step removed from you, and you think if you just do some more acid trips, you'll find it out.

It can also cause you to have terrifying experiences, and when that happens, you are stuck with it. Depending on the dose you take and what kind of dose it is, you take a dose and whatever happens to you is going to happen over a period of 8 or 12 hours, maybe more than that. If you decide you hate this feeling, too bad. Then there is the fact that if you get caught, you are facing potential massive prison time. In the U.S., under the law, a container for an illegal substance counts as an illegal substance itself. What this means is that if you buy a 200 micrograms dose of lsd that is delivered via a piece of gummy candy (lsd is sold like this. Gummy candies, sugar cubes, etc. in addition to blotter paper. Check me on how much one dose is. I'm going off memory.), the entire gummy candy is considered LSD. Some dealers sell bags of gummy candies that have lsd absorbed in each piece. If you get caught with an lsd dosed gummy candy or (god help you) a bag of gummies, you can literally be imprisoned for life, because of this rule about containers. LSD weighs nothing. One dose is a tiny tiny fraction of a gram. This means that your bag of a handful of gummies can be considered the equivalent of dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of doses.

The next bummer is that LSD is well known to cause permanent brain damage. So is ecstasy, and almost certainly shrooms do the same. As you have already noted, they can cause you to have recurring psychoses that won't go away without medication that you will have to take for your entire life. LSD can cause panic attacks and severe depression. If you already have depression, it is almost guaranteed to make it worse. There is a new thing with micro dosing that is thought to potentially help with depression, but idk much about that. What I do know is that if you do it the old fashioned way, and take 1 or 2 or 5 or 10 blotters or gel tabs, it's going to f up your mind if you have any preexisting problems. I've saw plenty of this and experienced it myself.

It's fraught with risks and the payoff isn't close to worth it. Those genius level philosophical insights you have, the next day when you think about them, they're dumb as shit. I've heard that this wormwood oil that people trip on can cause you to have genuine insights that are very useful, but this is not the case for me or the people I've known with lsd. I remember one time I thought I'd had an amazing insight over a thought process about "if I were a fish, would I get caught." I had reasoned that I would, because when I go to the restaurant and get a hamburger, I don't check to see if there's a hook in it. This is the kind of nonsense you will think.

I'll also try to give some of the good side. IMO there is really no good side, for practical purposes, because I've seen what happens to people long term, but there are people who seem to benefit. This is mostly people who are terminally ill. There is evidence, although mostly anecdotal, that terminally ill people can come to terms with their fate through lsd and other hallucinogens. They can do so in a way that is therapeutic and that their loved ones can recognize. Then, as I mentioned before, micro dosing seems to have some amount of evidence for efficacy. I wouldn't think of trying micro dosing myself, but I can't knock anything for someone else if it really helps. It's also good for people who have severe headaches. There are certain varieties of headaches that are abnormally intense and that are extremely resistant to typical therapies. It has something to do with brain chemistry, and lsd just happens to completely get rid of them if and when they occur.

Last thing I will say is if you have a family history of mental illness, these drugs are a definite no.

ChronicRain

ChronicRain

noob
Feb 18, 2023
DXM is enjoyable and insightful. I think it gets a bad rap due to side effects. Just keep fresh ginger on hand, consume some before and during the event. Also ibuprofen for headaches. Channel any anxiety into euphoria. Plan for Introspection, it's so much easier to break free from your existing mind set with the drug. The best part is its legal OTC. The worst part is there's some memory loss (so write things down!) and you get kinda dumb in the days following.
My experience with classic psychedelics: mini/microdosed (0.3g) mushroom tea a dozen or so times. I can get extremely bad anxiety if I'm not careful so I treat myself like a fragile child. Watch child cartoons on the couch. Wears off in an hour or so. Faster if you did lemon tek. During the week following I'm able to think about more, recall more memories, see things from new perspectives. Very eye opening. Unfortunately I don't have access anymore but might grow sooner or later.

Last edited:
Reactions: nembutal