Reiraku

Reiraku

May 5, 2020
So I've been on Mirtazapine/Remeron for 9 months and went to my doc to discontinue the medication for a lack of positive effects.
I've been taking 30mg all this time and he just told me to lower the dose to 15mg for a week, then 7,5mg for a week and then stop. I always take them before bed and at the very first instance of taking half the dosage, only after a few minutes I got those "brain zaps". Hard to describe, feels like someone tased my brain and I slept very badly, today I feel more anxious. Then I did a bit of googling and found out about withdrawals, man I wish I knew that shit earlier. Anyways, for a quick fix I decided to take 22,5mg for a week instead, then 15, then 2,5, so always half a pill less than the week before. In percentages that would be 75%, 50%, 25% and then none. Hope to God that shit works.
Do any of you guys went off meds and got withdrawals like that? I'd really like to read some other stories. What side effects did you have and how long did they last?
Not gonna lie, I'm more than slightly spooked by all this.

Reactions: blahblahhh
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I quit my first demon pill cold-turkey and ended up with blackouts and shit. Family said I was "very ill" during that time. The other ones I tried I stopped a little more rapidly than the doctor wanted and sort of initiated the stoppage on my own. I think that the meds combined with the depression has fucked my brain up a bit and lowered my intelligence.

Reactions: Buffy5120
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes, but I was so crazy that I went from 100% from zero. I was not myself for a whole week but then my body got used to it.
Now, I was taking 3 different pills but my psych told me to lower the dose little by little. Let's say from 100% to 90% and then 80%. -25% suddenly is too much, IMO.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
Lost.

Lost.

Antidepressants and antipsychotics are posion
Feb 13, 2020
https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/ this forum have a lot of information about discountinuation of antidepressants and about withrawal
https://rxisk.org/post-ssri-sexual-dysfunction-pssd/ caution: all kind of "antidepressants" and antipsychotiscs can cause this state, not only SSRI and SNRI, and often there are more symptoms than sexual disfunction. Abruptly stoping of antidepressants, in some cases, can cause this state too.
I had "pssd" to the some degree after 4 weeks of flouxetione and onlazapine at times, it wansnt bad like today, symptoms have become worse a lot from the antiemetic injection, so here i am. I know 3 ex members of this forum who CTB due to consenquences of "antidepressants" usage!!! and more people out of this forum. "Antidepressants" induce/increase suicidal thoughts, it is common and i expirienced that too, lot of people dont realise it is from "antidepressants", lot of people kill themsevle because of "antidepressants". I wonder how many people is on this forum because "antidepressants" have hurted them, and that they are not aware of that.
Dear people stay away from "antidepressants"!
Btw i suffered with protected withdrawal from zoloft. My inbox is open for questions about "antidepresants".

Last edited:
Reactions: Hirokami, blahblahhh and Buffy5120