zeek

zeek

omg mokocchi
Oct 18, 2023
the goal of living is to die, only through death do you reach the hereafter.

Reactions: iamsofkntired, haibane, myusername890 and 6 others
Tobacco

Tobacco

Efilist. Possible promortalist.
Jan 14, 2023
This is what some religions boil down to.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Cloud Busting
L

letmejoindeath

Kill me
Oct 15, 2023
If Jesus loves me as much as they say then he's the only one and I want to go be with him.

Reactions: lifeisbutadream
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
the goal of living is to die, only through death do you reach the hereafter.
It really is. I'm planning to die before 25 (probably more like 23) so I never have to enter the workforce or working world. I will never have to work for a living or be a slave to capitalism! I will never have to pay bills, rent, taxes, or mortgage! I will be saved from the costs of existence, the chains of a job, and the responsibilities and obligations of adulthood.

• Love
Reactions: Unknown21, LonelyKitten, Some place nice and 6 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
My goal is to definitely die, yet I seriously don't want there to be an afterlife.

Reactions: loopdaloop, myusername890, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
  • Love
Reactions: cats333, myusername890, _apathetic and 3 others
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
"O my soul, do not aspire to immortal life, but exhaust the limits of the possible."

-Pindar

Death is inevitable, but to me, laughing at death in the face and scorning suffering and making it your bitch is the true strength. Making the best out of a hell hole and trolling the shit out of life and the powers that be.

Suicide is the last resort for when you cannot rise above your suffering to the point that it kills you.

Reactions: LonelyKitten, Some place nice, sorin and 3 others
L

lifeisbutadream

Warlock
Oct 4, 2018
Never the spirit was born;
the spirit shall cease to be never;
Never the time it was not;
End and Beginning are dreams!
Birth-less and deathless and changeless remaineth the spirit forever. Death hath not touched it at all, dead though the house of it seems!

- The Song Celestial or Bhagavad Ghita

Reactions: myusername890, WAITING TO DIE, Cloud Busting and 1 other person
hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
I don't really care about what happens to me after I die.

• Hugs
Reactions: Some place nice and WAITING TO DIE
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I certainly believe that all existing is, is just a futile process of waiting to die where all we know will inevitably be forgotten about. I very strongly believe death to just be nothingness where we simply cease to exist, I don't believe in anything to do with religion, the thought of ceasing to exist is the only comfort for me.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and myusername890
HowLongLeft?

HowLongLeft?

One way out of this suffering...
Oct 10, 2023
I just hope death is better than life, other than that I couldn't care.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
I have actually always thoguht of the opposite, because if you think about it; everything you do in your life, is to run as far away as possible from death.
Why do you wake up at night and go to drink a glass of water? So that your body gets it's necessary things to surive, to be as far away from the state of death.
Why do you get anxious and scared of asking your crush out? It's because humans naturally are social animals living in tribes, and a rejection from another tribe member can mean being exiled from the tribe. And without other human beings, your chances of survival drastically decreases. (this applies to modern life as well, as rejection from your classmate for example, can lead to public humiliation etc)

I hope you get it, i'm bad at explaining, but the goal of life is definetly not to die, it's to survive, run and thrive as far as possible from the death.

• Informative
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, Cloud Busting and LonelyKitten
A

AgainChrisis

Oct 17, 2023
We all prepare to die. I pray daily for how to manage SI.

LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
I think there are two primary types of death - physical and mental/social, and the existential dread this life bestows upon us naturally sends us kicking and screaming to prevent both.

As avaruus said well before, we are wired to both fear physical threats but also social, as the latter may be more abstract but also genuinely threatens our physical (and mental) survival.
On the mental side, our ego/identity is what exists, apart from our body and own lives experience itself, in society's social constructs.
I suppose, as others don't share our physical and lived experience, that is who we are to them?

What I'm trying to say is, I think the hunt for not just physical safety but also thriving beyond that may actually still derive from our survival instincts, in a way - if you are well-known, whether in your community or even beyond, if you leave things behind that are still read, used, noticed, had an impact, etc., then even beyond your physical death, your identity lives on, in a way.
"You", or, a "part" of "you", 'survived'.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE