LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
To be more specific no one you hate or are acquaintances with will care. Only people who love you like your family and close friends will be heavily impacted by it, so whether or not that is okay with you is what you should be evaluating. But if you want CTB in order to spite someone or to make people feel bad for you, it's not going to work. Think right now of someone you dislike, if you got the news that they killed themselves would you honestly care, of course not! It's the same with other people. Posts about how people want to CTB in order to spite people are just really depressing because of how little impact the person's death is really going to have on them. If you are going to CTB do it for YOURSELF and based on what's right for YOU.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, peacefulhorizons, voyager and 30 others
Stubbe

Stubbe

Sep 11, 2020
I seriously hope there aren't people out there killing themselves out of spite. If you don't really want to die but do it to hurt someone else then you're kind of an asshole imo.

Reactions: LONE WOLF., it's_all_a_game, deleted and 9 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Brilliant post

• Love
Reactions: Rn110bg101, Ghost2211, itachi of death and 2 others
K

kqlysrsly

Sep 15, 2020
Actually there are a few people i would be happy if they died.

Everything is relative.

Reactions: Lostandlooking, Stepheng7287, fox21132113 and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
over all accurate but what if the people you are killing yourself for have to "care" or else it will show everyone their true colors. i mean somethings clearly wrong if your parents dont care and if others realize that.....unless of course they are also careless a**holes (like a lot of my mothers friends) then they would probably turn on them pretty fast and they dont want that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
I'd be surprised if someone wanted to ctb solely to spite someone. Not saying it isn't possible. But I'd imagine typically it could be one factor among many. Anger is an incredible emotion and over time can develop to depression if the person is not able to express their anger, or they are not heard when they do. I try not to judge people on their supposed reasons for wanting to ctb. There may be more than what meets the eye and I'd rather not make things worse for people, especially as I'm likely only seeing one piece of the jigsaw.

also to add.. there are people that I truly can't stand in this life and I'd still be impacted if they were to ctb. Mainly because then I'd realise how much pain they'd been in.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Marauder, Frew, lottielies and 2 others
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Maybe it is quite a revelation for you to say that only those who love you will care if you ctb, but to me it is as plain as the nose on my face.

Also, I haven't come across people who want to ctb to spite someone. All the users I've gotten to know here want to exit because they suffer, and their suffering is unbearable.

:hug:

• Love
Reactions: purplesmoothie and madbananas
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
A brutal truth is that for some people they'll be forgotten about quickly even by their ''close'' friends and family.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, everydayiloveyou, LonelyDude15 and 1 other person
B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
I agree to this to a point, but also for me, many past attempts have been to get back at my father.

• Hugs
Reactions: XYZ
LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
over all accurate but what if the people you are killing yourself for have to "care" or else it will show everyone their true colors. i mean somethings clearly wrong if your parents dont care and if others realize that.....unless of course they are also careless a**holes (like a lot of my mothers friends) then they would probably turn on them pretty fast and they dont want that.

I still don't think that's a reason to do it, forcing someone to pretend to be sad doesn't really do anything. I think this act should be purely selfish at least to the extent that you don't know if you're really going to hurt someone that you want to hurt/

Reactions: Meditation guide
F

fox21132113

Student
Sep 8, 2020
My ex used to wish death on me so much. Telling everyone and his family, I needed to step in front of a semi. Anyways he encouraged me to kill myself everyday. He was pushing me to the edge, and I would think "well, I'll show him."

• Hugs
Reactions: disillusion and Lostandlooking
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
Don't care what people think either way. I'm getting off this planet!

• Hugs
Reactions: disillusion and Lostandlooking
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I do agree with this on some level. I've had thoughts to ctb out of spite against people I hate before but I used this exact line of reasoning to talk me out of it.

Not to encourage it but there probably have been at least a few cases out there where someone's spiteful CTB actually did lead to negative consequences for their bullies/tormentors/abusers/regular people they hated. Those people may or may not be glad that the person is dead, but regardless if they're properly labeled as the party to blame then undoubtedly they would regret that person dying anyway...

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Lostandlooking
D

Donewiyhitall

Sep 5, 2020
Glad to read
My ex used to wish death on me so much. Telling everyone and his family, I needed to step in front of a semi. Anyways he encouraged me to kill myself everyday. He was pushing me to the edge, and I would think "well, I'll show him."
Glad to read that he is an ex

Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
To be more specific no one you hate or are acquaintances with will care. Only people who love you like your family and close friends will be heavily impacted by it, so whether or not that is okay with you is what you should be evaluating. But if you want CTB in order to spite someone or to make people feel bad for you, it's not going to work. Think right now of someone you dislike, if you got the news that they killed themselves would you honestly care, of course not! It's the same with other people. Posts about how people want to CTB in order to spite people are just really depressing because of how little impact the person's death is really going to have on them. If you are going to CTB do it for YOURSELF and based on what's right for YOU.

I was about to say. I mean I totally want to ctb, and support others rights to do so. But everyone time someone on the thread I do get a little sad. Allot a sad. But I still support there choice, especially if there nothing to be done. But I do agree, I support those people, because it wasnt a rash choice. It was fully thought over, and most other alternatives considered.