Busticket

Busticket

Student
May 18, 2021
I am a failure at life.
I have no gf and no degree.
But you know what?
I am a temporary failure because absolutely everything in the universe is temporary.
In a billion years nothing that happens right now will matter.
I will be long dead.
Anyone who I ever met or interacted with will be long dead.
Humanity itself will most likely be long gone.

Reactions: Celerity, All Things Must Pass, Makko and 3 others
N

NotGonnaLast

Wizard
Mar 31, 2020
Mate that's high expectation. Nothing matters now.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Fatal Femme, demuic, deflationary and 1 other person
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
This is why i despise life (well, there are many reasons but this is the main one). It doesn't matter what we do or achieve in this life because none of it actually matters in the grand scheme of things.

Reactions: Fatal Femme
Busticket

Busticket

Student
May 18, 2021
This is why i despise life (well, there are many reasons but this is the main one). It doesn't matter what we do or achieve in this life because none of it actually matters in the grand scheme of things.
If I was succesful and had a gf it would have depressed me maybe but because of how my life is it actually cheers me up because I know my shitty life is only temporary and in a billion years it will be as if I never lived in the first place.

Reactions: Motoko
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, I see death as making all life meaningless. To me, the moment we die is when it is like we have never existed. People might still remember us but we won't be there to see it. All of our problems are simply temporary and there is an end someday, but it still angers me that there is so much suffering simply for the sake of it.

Reactions: Fatal Femme, demuic and Busticket
N

nothingchanges

Student
Sep 11, 2020
I am a failure at life.
But you know what?
I am a temporary failure because absolutely everything in the universe is temporary.
I will be long dead.
in just 100 years, nothing happening now will have mattered. the generation will reset and all of us will be forgotten

Reactions: Busticket
M

Motoko

Feb 27, 2020
I am a failure at life.
But you know what?
I will be long dead.
Thanks for reminding me of this worldview. I used to think like this too, I don't know why I stopped. Sometimes I try to remember that in the end, our life is just so small on a scale, it doesn't matter. Time-wise and distance-wise. We can just as well try to survive, because why not? Even in 100 years in won't matter, let alone thousands and millions years.
Watch and listen to this, it's great description of your post:

Reactions: Busticket
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
Yes, I see death as making all life meaningless. To me, the moment we die is when it is like we have never existed. People might still remember us but we won't be there to see it. All of our problems are simply temporary and there is an end someday, but it still angers me that there is so much suffering simply for the sake of it.
I don't understand this line of thinking. Life would be just as pointless if it lasted forever, since permanence is no substitute for meaning.