CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Mostly talking about adult life stuff before that doesn't really matter to me feels like a trial period. Have dealt with so many assholes either way and I can't think of a single time when someone has said something good about me. That I know of. Without being a sarcastic jerk. hard to think of anything self esteem feels low and I don't want to think that's why I have the whiskey 👍 I sure don't think much of myself so why would others right

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Luchs, Toonloon, TheHatedOne and 5 others
S

som1

Dec 22, 2021
I heard some girls talking about me and they said they like how independent I am just because I like doing things alone and don't ask for company or help. little do they know Im anti-social and prefer being alone as much as I can.

• Hugs
Reactions: jujujr, Toonloon, OrcWitch and 2 others
greencondo

greencondo

Sep 25, 2019
I Have been guilty of not saying nice things enough in the past, because I thought they would find it ingenuine or a suck up, or that it might be too vulnerable for me to say. For a long time, It (wrongly) didn't cross my mind that people would need to hear positive feedback from others. I can't imagine I'm alone in that.
I grew out of it, but that was mostly because of my line of work.

There also also possible times that someone might say something nice about you, but if you are feeling down about yourself you may have missed it or blew it off. I know that's happened to me.

Then there are times I subjected myself to people who all they said was critical things about me. Not only did I see myself as less but it taught me to treated others poorly. I regret that.

Reactions: OrcWitch
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I have been called intelligent and a good listener and self-observant/self-aware and kind and empathic and having a good sense of humor.

I wish people would praise each other more. Just like a lot of dogs, most people are more likely to do something when they get verbally rewarded for that.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, OrcWitch, cyanol and 2 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
This is a repost:
I sometimes pretend I'm foreign in the summer to hear what people have to say about me. Italians shamelessly talk about foreigners with their friend, the waiter or even a random passerby right in front of them. They usually disapprove of my clothes. A waitress once said, "It's so fucking obvious he's American, an Italian wouldn't be caught dead wearing a plain white t-shirt. Look at those boring shorts & flip-flops, OMFG! Also, would it kill him to groom those eyebrows & shave? So hairy too, yuck! What a waste, he's actually not bad-looking, nice & tall." All of that in like 3 seconds, with a big fake smile on her overly made-up face. :))

• Yay!
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Nolan96, Symbiote, GenesAndEnvironment and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I've been complimented on my looks, intelligence, humility, patience, and even skills many times in real life. I hope if people are talking about me behind my back that they're saying horrible things but I kind of doubt it.

I know the truth though, those kinds of compliments tend to come from people who don't know me enough and thus don't know any better or they know me too well and are intentionally trying to make me feel good by feeding me undeserved praise. I wish people wouldn't be so dishonest but then again I'm such an evil person that I often take the wrongful praise or at least ignore it anyway. 😔

Reactions: OrcWitch and som1
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I sometimes pretend I'm foreign in the summer to hear what people have to say about me. Italians shamelessly talk about foreigners with their friend, the waiter or even a random passerby right in front of them. They usually disapprove of my clothes. A waitress once said, "It's so fucking obvious he's American, an Italian wouldn't be caught dead wearing a plain white t-shirt. Look at those boring shorts & flip-flops, OMFG! Also, would it kill him to groom those eyebrows & shave? So hairy too, yuck! What a waste, he's actually not bad-looking, nice & tall." All of that in like 3 seconds, with a big fake smile on her overly made-up face. :))
I am always amazed at how people actually think fashion/heavy make-up/hairstyles make someone more attractive. It can be seen through easily at close range.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
I am always amazed at how people actually think fashion/heavy make-up/hairstyles make someone more attractive. It can be seen through easily at close range.

Imho clothes can't make a man look much better. They can impress superficial materialists, but all I care about are decent muscles. :)) A poor hairstyle choice can be sad. Keep it simple, fool. :haha: The real problem & one of the scariest things about my country is that so many guys meticulously groom their fucking eyebrows. :sick: Why do women make str8 dudes do that?! Isn't it enough that they make them shave their chests? It seems that only gays of my persuasion don't shave their body hair.

Women can hide/accentuate a lot of stuff if they pick the right hairstyles for their face shape & wear the right kind of clothes for their body type, but it can all be seen through pretty easily up close, yes.

Reactions: Symbiote, demuic and GenesAndEnvironment
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I know I suck badly so I really dont care much if I learned someone is saying good or bad things behind my back. I dont take it personally because my active self is not my real self. It is a result of things outside my control like my fucked up physiology (autism) my enviroment (trauma) etc

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic and WrongPlaceWrongTime
I

idiotstillwantstodie

Student
Nov 11, 2021
I don't really know any nice people. I don't give a fuck what those asswipes say or don't say. The bad things don't matter, true as some of them might be, and neither do the good things.

Reactions: demuic and WrongPlaceWrongTime
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Yes, had colleagues crying when I left a job. We still stay in touch and they all say they miss me. It's a good feeling.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Nolan96, som1, OrcWitch and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not know many people in the first place, but even if I did what they would say does not matter to me. There is nothing good that anybody could say about me, but I do not care.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nolan96, OrcWitch and demuic
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
I've had few times in my life where I've been told nice things and still can't wrap my mind around how someone can say something nice about me. Given how harshly I was treated most of the time, it's really difficult to accept the opposite. I try my best still.

Reactions: CatLove56
CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
I Have been guilty of not saying nice things enough in the past, because I thought they would find it ingenuine or a suck up, or that it might be too vulnerable for me to say. For a long time, It (wrongly) didn't cross my mind that people would need to hear positive feedback from others. I can't imagine I'm alone in that.
I grew out of it, but that was mostly because of my line of work.

There also also possible times that someone might say something nice about you, but if you are feeling down about yourself you may have missed it or blew it off. I know that's happened to me.

Then there are times I subjected myself to people who all they said was critical things about me. Not only did I see myself as less but it taught me to treated others poorly. I regret that.
You are right I forgot that I tend to think of it as sarcasm if someone compliments me. I do try to say positive things to someone else as well if I think they need to hear it.
I've had few times in my life where I've been told nice things and still can't wrap my mind around how someone can say something nice about me. Given how harshly I was treated most of the time, it's really difficult to accept the opposite. I try my best still.
So true

greencondo

greencondo

Sep 25, 2019
You are right I forgot that I tend to think of it as sarcasm if someone compliments me. I do try to say positive things to someone else as well if I think they need to hear it.

So true
Also, many times we don't even realize someone needed to hear it. Sometimes they didn't even realize they needed to hear it. People get so use to hearing criticism it becomes normal.

completely-done

completely-done

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
I think people think of me in a neutral or negative way. Either way I'm useless being alive haha

Rabhen

Rabhen

Isolated Loner
Dec 17, 2021
I've heard how others talk about me, including family and so called friends, of which I no longer have any, nothing nice has ever been said about me without it having to be forced out in a long drawn out "I'm thinking, I'm thinking, ummmmmm, sure, there HAS to be something nice to say about you, oh yeah, you have pretty hair." and this is not done in humor

StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
Mostly talking about adult life stuff before that doesn't really matter to me feels like a trial period. Have dealt with so many assholes either way and I can't think of a single time when someone has said something good about me. That I know of. Without being a sarcastic jerk. hard to think of anything self esteem feels low and I don't want to think that's why I have the whiskey 👍 I sure don't think much of myself so why would others right
I absolutely love your kitty picture!!

Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
I always appreciate hearing compliments about myself, although the reverse is probably more common and when compliments do come I sometimes feel like they must be talking about someone else because it's such a misunderstanding of me.

Imho clothes can't make a man look much better. They can impress superficial materialists, but all I care about are decent muscles. :)) A poor hairstyle choice can be sad. Keep it simple, fool. :haha: The real problem & one of the scariest things about my country is that so many guys meticulously groom their fucking eyebrows. :sick: Why do women make str8 dudes do that?! Isn't it enough that they make them shave their chests? It seems that only gays of my persuasion don't shave their body hair.

Women can hide/accentuate a lot of stuff if they pick the right hairstyles for their face shape & wear the right kind of clothes for their body type, but it can all be seen through pretty easily up close, yes.
I would have thought hairy chests were an esteemed Italian delicacy. In the US it's gay men who stereotypically shave and straight men who are stereotypically hairy and ungroomed. Interesting cultural reversal there. I think a happy medium usually looks best but maybe that's just me. Love a hairy chest but can't take the unibrows.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: motel rooms
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
I never stopped to think about good things because I know myself better than anyone and I know I'm not a good person, but bad things for sure lol.. things like: what's the problem with that schizoid? You better not disturb him or he'll make a new columbine at this school

• Hugs
Reactions: ImpulsiveFreak
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I think it's hard for people to say good things about you unless you really give yourself selflessly, and that's something I've never done. I don't provide anything to people, other than an occasional chat or something. Having nothing to offer makes me feel like people see me as selfish and not valuable in any way. I think deep down that's one of the reasons I knew I'd never have kids or anything too. Like I struggle too much with my own shit to be able to provide anything for anyone else. I'm too depressed and sick to do much beyond function at a basic level. So that makes pretty much everything else off the table.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
In the US it's gay men who stereotypically shave and straight men who are stereotypically hairy and ungroomed. Interesting cultural reversal there. I think a happy medium usually looks best but maybe that's just me. Love a hairy chest but can't take the unibrows.

No, way too many men here who date, whether str8 or gay, shave their chests (& even their entire upper body) & decimate their poor eyebrows.
It seems that only gays of my persuasion don't shave their body hair.

I'm actually not obsessed with chest hair, I just don't think there's anything wrong with being hairy & having natural eyebrows. As for unibrows, some people can undeniably pull off that look.

miranda sings eyes GIF

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
No, way too many men here who date, whether str8 or gay, shave their chests (& even their entire upper body) & decimate their poor eyebrows.
Shaving my entire body and face,and grooming my eyebrows has never done me wrong with men or women.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
Shaving my entire body and face,and grooming my eyebrows has never done me wrong with men or women.

To each their own. Simply trimming my beard & pubes & shaving only my balls has never done me wrong with the men I'm into. Some of them were hairy & some shaved their upper body; some had beards & some didn't. Many people aren't fans of excessively groomed eyebrows in men. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I hope I don't get called toxically masculine/misogynistic over something as silly as mentioning that I'm hairy & tall, that I describe myself as masc, that I'm only attracted to other masc guys & that I don't find meticulously shaped eyebrows sexy. None of that means I despise femininity. :ahhha:

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I hope I don't get called toxically masculine/misogynistic over something as silly as mentioning that I'm hairy & tall, that I describe myself as masc, that I'm only attracted to other masc guys & that I don't find meticulously shaped eyebrows sexy. None of that means I despise femininity. :ahhha:
If you do, I'm sure I'll get called out on something too. We all have our preferences - nothing wrong with that.

R

Rezzienator

Feb 12, 2022
I've always wondered that and if anybody feels genuinely sorry for the way they've treated me and what they did to me. I wonder if they regret things. .probably not to all of these things

Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
A guy I talked with recently said that a girl he knows said that I look cute on a picture. She is a complete stranger and it is honestly really pathetic of me to care about that single statement so much, but it is the only real compliment I have gotten in the last 2 1/2 years.