Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
What year do you wish you were born?

The title of this is a reference to the Nickelodeon show You cant do that on television

I would have liked to be born 1925. Enough was invented to be inspired by the change . I would not be as stiffled by the futer shock that I experience today.

Last edited:
Reactions: LivideLamb and Inmyhands
Inmyhands

Inmyhands

Mar 6, 2020
1500s or 1600s for Queen Elizabeth. Or even the mid to late 1400s. I find that era fascinating, the war of the roses and all that.

• Love
Reactions: LivideLamb and Oyoy
Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
War of the Rose's is also a great movie.

• Love
Reactions: LivideLamb and Inmyhands
Inmyhands

Inmyhands

Mar 6, 2020
War of the Rose's is also a great movie.
Thanks, I've never seen/heard of it - the 1989 film, right? I'll have to give it a go :)

Reactions: LivideLamb and Oyoy
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
1500s or 1600s for Queen Elizabeth. Or even the mid to late 1400s. I find that era fascinating, the war of the roses and all that.

Just a quick note to say that during the Elizabethan era it wasn't unusual to find the following warning hanging in various places around the court:

"Don't pee on the curtains!"

That's the level of saniation during the Golden Age.

And also, most adults lacked one of several teeth, and hardly ever bathed.

No rain of roses!

Reactions: Inmyhands and LivideLamb
LivideLamb

LivideLamb

I'm so decaying, feeling like an ashtray
Jan 5, 2020
What an interesting question! We live in the computer age, a lot of older people say that things seem to be going by at an alarming speed. Yet, it feels like I'm stuck and don't see anything.

Cinema is a great passion of mine, so I have always hope I would have been born in the 50s to see the upcoming new wave of the sixties and seventies. Would have been so great.

Or perhaps, I could have been born in the bubonic plague Era. I mean I wouldn't have to think about my cbt method too much. My "dead" fate would already have been sealed from the beginning...

• Love
Reactions: Inmyhands and Oyoy