N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
My dad said that. One of the smartest guys i know. David Foster Wallace has committed suicide. I love his essays. I've read them during my second severe depression. My dad is not really intelligent. He blames foreigners and refugees for everything. Instead of thinking about his own failure when he did not stop my mom from abusing me.
I don't say if you want to die you are by defintion extraordinary smart. But I think people who support pro-choice have empathy and understand the problems of very ill people.
In my case. My future prospects are miserable. I rather have the sentiment not to ctb would be dumb if the psychosomatic pain returns.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: A_miStake_of_NATURE, Mendex, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 4 others
RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
Wow this makes me mad. People who say things like this just don't know what they are talking about but what makes me mad is that stuff like this is the opinion of the majority of people and that gives them power to make people like us suffer.

Reactions: Decidueye, A_miStake_of_NATURE, FuneralCry and 1 other person
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
I bought Infinite Jest but when it came and I saw how big it was I just watched the movie about him instead. I think dumber people are usually happier because they think more about just what is in front of them. I'm not pretending to be smart I'm not, especially now I am slow at everything, but it is what I think.

Reactions: FuneralCry and noname223
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Sound like you've already figured out how much his opinion is worth...

Reactions: motel rooms and FuneralCry
N

NoSurprises

Mar 11, 2021
Honestly your father sounds like an idiot, dont waste your time thinking in what he says

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I try to be beyond the point of raging due to those comments. However some comments make me still mad. But my family will suffer. Either I live on and we all have to endure poverty or I end up killing myself and they have to live with that.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That statement is completely untrue. In many cases suicide is an rational decision. We are freeing ourselves from an future full of suffering. We never asked for this life in the first place so wanting an way out is very understandable in many cases. People who say statements like that are usually against suicide for purely selfish reasons.

Reactions: Decidueye, darkghost, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
What a coincidence!
My dad and some people have told me the same.

Smart? We could be but...I think the smarter you are, the less sense this world makes so, we might be some geniuses! lol

Reactions: Decidueye and noname223
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Suicidality has nothing to do with a person's intelligence, anyone can suddenly find themselves having to deal with unbearable physical &/or mental suffering...

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Zzzzz and 2 others