Arihman

Arihman

Efilist, atheist, pro-right to die.
Jun 8, 2023

For fuck's sake, I really hate how we're still being deprived of the universal rght to die because a bunch of fucktards are afraid that some segments of the population will somehow be targeted (as if they aren't capable of deciding for themselves whether it's worth it to stay alive or not) if we give everyone the right invest their welfare in their own judgement of what life means, instead of leaving the judgement to a bunch of insufferable babysitters who want to dictate what our life ought to mean for us, for no good reason but the a priori assumption that life must be deemed as woth living, and ought to be affirmed in all but the most extreme cases. God, I hate these people, I really want to skin them all alive by my own hands (no, I wouldn't really do it, if only because I wouldn't have it in me to actually torture another person, I'm just venting, but the thought of imagining them at my mercy provides me with some catharsis). If anything, these bastards make me at least wish to CTB even more just to spite them and their retardation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE, SpiritualDeath and 4 others
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
I think it's unfair for them to speak for disabled people, they have never been disabled and probably have never talked to a disabled person if they're saying things like that so why should they have any idea how hard it is to be disabled. It literally says half of people feared having (physical) pain, which is an extremely valid reason to want to die. It also says the voices of disabled people are not being reported on, but the only opinions of disabled people in that picture are from the source they are criticising. So I can't understand why they would post something like this.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE, Daxter_87 and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Anti-choice people disgust me, it's just disgusting how they are unable to mind their own business and want to force everybody else to suffer simply because they want to stay here.
If there's no assisted suicide/more peaceful and reliable method options then it will just lead to people dying in pain or just attempting very risky methods and failing, it's literally evil to want to deny people assisted suicide even if they are suffering so extremely.
It just shows that humans are the worst species with how many of them want to make it so other people who they cannot experience existence in the same way continue to suffer no matter what, even know those people aren't them.
I always hate how they try and push their deluded life worshipping onto everyone else and believe that suffering must be prolonged no matter what.

Reactions: BlazingBob, Praestat_Mori, ijustwishtodie and 5 others
Arihman

Arihman

Jun 8, 2023
it's literally evil to want to deny people assisted suicide even if they are suffering so extremely.
I'd say it is evil also in cases where one isn't extremely suffering right now, but has come to the philosophical realization that life is a pointless cheese chasing game that only attempts to solve problems it itself created, and is anxious about being trapped, and hence forced to risk whatever fate life has in store for that individual. And all this in a world where suffering is guaranteed, whereas happiness is not, and where bad events have a greater impact than good ones.

If I'm not experiencing extreme suffering, but I dread the prospect of this happening to me in the future, it's still obnoxious and cruel to force me to stay alive.

Last edited:
Reactions: yourfaulty, SpiritualDeath, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Suffering is suffering.
It doesn't matter what form the suffering stems from.
If someone is suffering in such a way that death is the preferred option to living, then that person should have complete control of their bodily autonomy and terminate their existence without any interference from the pro - lifers whatsoever.
Physical, mental, situational or existential. No matter what form the suffering takes, we should be free to exit whenever we please, and also have a reliable and peaceful method made available to us by the medical profession.
Because to not do so is the sign of a very sick and inhumane society.

Reactions: yourfaulty, Praestat_Mori, hibikikyuxx and 1 other person
Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
I'd say it is evil also in cases where one isn't extremely suffering right now, but has come to the philosophical realization that life is a pointless cheese chasing game that only attempts to solve problems it itself created, and is anxious about being trapped, and hence forced to risk whatever fate life has in store for that individual. And all this in a world where suffering is guaranterd, whereas happiness is not, and where bad events have a greater impact than good ones.

If I'm not experiencing extreme suffering, but I dread the prospect of this happening to me in the future, it's still obnoxious and cruel to force me to stay alive.

Yes, FuneralCry knows this very well, and I agree with you as well. If you ask me, even minors should have access to assisted suicide if they wish. A controversial take, I know, but we were forced into this world, so no one has any obligation to stay alive against their will, no matter how young they are. Suffering is suffering for everyone, and you certainly don't need a "mature", "developed" brain to experience it. Some argue that children don't understand the implications of death, but I wonder what those implications are, because as far as I know, non-existence is 100% 👌 ✅ harmless; if anything, it's life that involves terrible risks and torture.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and WAITING TO DIE
Arihman

Arihman

Jun 8, 2023
Yes, FuneralCry knows this very well, and I agree with you as well. If you ask me, even minors should have access to assisted suicide if they wish. A controversial take, I know, but we were forced into this world, so no one has any obligation to stay alive against their will, no matter how young they are. Suffering is suffering for everyone, and you certainly don't need a "mature", "developed" brain to experience it. Some argue that children don't understand the implications of death, but I wonder what those implications are, because as far as I know, non-existence is 100% 👌 ✅ harmless; if anything, it's life that involves terrible risks and torture.
Aside from the fact that such positions give more ammo for people outside the forum to accuse us all of "killing children", I think that's taking it too far. We need to draw a line somewhere, and while I agree that it's stupid to raise the age limit at 25 (as some seem to argue even here), that line should still firmly be drawn at 18 years old.

This is not to say I'm against the right to die for minor in all cases, this is to say that it's a complex matter, and there should be well documented circumstances that would allow a minor to check out. For example, a 15 years old girl who has been struggling with a painful sickness for over a decade, or other cases I can't imagine right now. As for who should decide for them, I don't know: parents might have too strong of an attachment to let their kids die, so maybe there should be some kind of jury in charge of evaluating cases where minors should have that right.

But if you're a minor, and you just say you hate life, then no, you should still not have access to effective methods.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori