Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
Do you consider yourself to be a YES- person or NO- person? I'm definately a yes- person. I used to think of this as a positive thing (I was brought up this way). Later in life, I've come to the conclusion that it's much more difficult to say NO than YES.

I'm really struggling to set limits, say NO when people ask me to help them, with practical things or psychological matters. I really admire people who know when to say NO.

I would like to know whether there's a connection between being a YES- person and depression?

• Hugs
Reactions: arposandra, Nutshell, Lunaloveflood and 2 others
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I find it so hard to say no to people. It's got me into some tricky situations let me tell you that.

Reactions: Nutshell, Lost in a Dream, Lunaloveflood and 2 others
P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
I'm definitely a yes person. Always been a people pleaser. Sometimes that meant decreasing happiness for me in order to increase happinesses for others. Non-reciprocation has made me jaded and depressed.

Reactions: arposandra, Lost in a Dream, Lunaloveflood and 2 others
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
A "haha fuck no" person

• Love
Reactions: LavenderBae, Mr2005 and Susannah
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I know it sounds like cheating, but if I should be completely honest, I'm a "let me think about it first" person.

• Hugs
Reactions: Epsilon0, Mr2005, GoodPersonEffed and 2 others
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
a no person who always felt guilty because of it; always had to force myself to go out even with my best friends.

edit: as a kid I was the ultimate "I want to go home" person

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Epsilon0, Lunaloveflood and 2 others
Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
I know it sounds like cheating, but if I should be completely honest, I'm a "let me think about it first" person.
And then you end up saying......?

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Sensei and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
enjoy

enjoy

Creature
Dec 20, 2019
i get so squeamish trying to say no to people but i've been slowly learning how to do it. i used to be a big 'yes' person though.

Reactions: Susannah
Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
a no person who always felt guilty because of it; always had to force myself to go out even with my best friends.

edit: as a kid I was the ultimate "I want to go home" person
Feel no guilt! I admire you ❤

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
I find it so hard to say no to people. It's got me into some tricky situations let me tell you that.
easy in a world full of abusers
Feel no guilt! I admire you ❤
thanks but if you never get to see me face to face and I ghost you for months on end there's no way for you to admire me lol

A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
Both.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I'm a 'you are kidding aren't you?' Person.
Yeah I know, had to be a smart arse. :blarg:

• Love
Reactions: Epsilon0, Sensei and Susannah
Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
i get so squeamish trying to say no to people but i've been slowly learning how to do it. i used to be a big 'yes' person though.
I would love to know how you've worked on this/learnt to say NO.
LoveS

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I'd say I'm in between. A maybe person? LOL

Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018
I'm definitely a yes person. Always been a people pleaser. Sometimes that meant decreasing happiness for me in order to increase happinesses for others.

Story of my life... Sorry to hear you're in the same boat. I spent large amounts of money and deteriorated my own mental health a great deal this way. I curse my people pleasing character. Knowing full well i'm being used or taken advantage of i go out of my way to do so ... I'm too smart to be that stupid (if that makes sense) yet i do it anyway. It's just ridiculous.

I do realise that part of it comes from search for companionship. But man it's brought me nothing but bad things. (No surprise there because society is fucked up in that way)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Pallf, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Susannah
1DayItWillBover

1DayItWillBover

Student
Dec 21, 2019
depends on the situation.

Need help at work? sure
Need me to help you move on my day off? nah

Reactions: Susannah and Lost in a Dream
dandan

dandan

One more attempt on life.
Feb 18, 2019
I've been a no-er since depression.
"Lets go party" , no.
"Thats pretty" , no it's not.
More than a no-er a "contrarian" too.

T

TheSuicidalEccentric

The universe is wonderful.
Feb 23, 2020
I just want to die

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: dandan, Susannah and Mr2005
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Do I want to spend time with my neighbour? Nope. Is it because I don't like him? Nope. Do I know how to say no without him thinking I don't? Nope. So I guess I'm a no person in every sense but I do go along with it every once in a while. Feel guilty if I don't

Reactions: Susannah, CarefulWithThatAxe and Scooby-Doo
Scooby-Doo

Scooby-Doo

Student
Oct 10, 2019
I'm a yes person even though my head says no. I get took advantage of and get really pissed off with myself for saying yes. I'm too soft.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Susannah and Mr2005
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Since writing that he's knocked so I'm pretending not to be in

Reactions: Susannah and Scooby-Doo
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Me = the biggest yes-person and people-pleaser in the universe. It's something I have struggled with my whole life.

The one good thing my illness has done for me was to teach me to say no.

No, no, no!!!

• Hugs
K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
I am "I don't know" kind of person

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I'm a no person a lot of the time. More of a no than yes. At one time I was more a yes person in the young days. Actually no I was disagreeable even back then. I wouldn't do anything unless I percieved a benefit lol! I became more of a no person after having bad experiences with shitty people and being a people pleaser.

Reactions: deadalready and Susannah
Sayo

Sayo

Not 2B
Aug 22, 2018
A no person. I was a yes person raised by yes people, but it really just broke me, because I wasn't as much of a yes person as them and I got the worst of both worlds. I still struggle saying no due to the guilt induced by that abuse, so I tend to just avoid people entirely and struggle to maintain contact with people.

No one can decide whether I am unusually agreeable or disagreeable, which has kind of fucked with my head.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Susannah and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals