TournelHenry

TournelHenry

Jan 9, 2021
I've been working as a temp at a company for 8 months now.
Just got hired last week as a permanent staff and I'm going to be on probation for the next 2 months.
But then, I missed a shift today, without warning. So, I may lose the job. All because I wasn't disciplined enough to be very punctual and was too anxious/embarrassed to walk in late.
What's more crazy was my thought process leading to all this.
I was on public transit and was still going to make on time (probably like 2 mins before start of shift. Yeah, really cutting it close) if I stayed on transit, but then I decided to play it a little safer and get there a little faster by leaving transit and trying to get a Lyft. Only for the Lyft app and Lyft's systems to start glitching for the next 10 mins. Now I can't make it to work on time (I can't hop back on transit because I was already cutting it too close and now I'll be like 11 minutes late if I hopped back on).
So, I decided to just not show up anymore after this combination of bad luck and poor decisions on my part. And now I may lose a job in one week. While being a disappointment to myself and the friendly manager who made it possible for me to get hired as a permanent staff after watching me work and presuming I'm a good fit.
Great! /s

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lobster salad, demuic, JustAMatterOfTime and 4 others
Bat 17

Bat 17

Bat 17
Mar 30, 2021
That's too bad but you win the prize for my favourite thread title I've seen yet :))

• Wow
Reactions: TournelHenry
Conflict3d

Conflict3d

May 11, 2021
Hope they can understand and you're given another chance. Try and not best yourself up too much over this, we all fuck up sometimes. Wish you the best.

• Love
Reactions: demuic, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and TournelHenry
TournelHenry

TournelHenry

Jan 9, 2021
Update: Yay! I wasn't fired. The mean looking boss just said "you've got to show up! Bottom-line! Don't do that again" . It'll definitely be in my record though ☹️

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, lobster salad, Conflict3d and 1 other person