L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
I've been talking to a counselor for about 4 months. A few weeks ago I told her that I'm a member of this site and I haven't heard from her since. What the fuck?!?!

• Hmph!
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, whatevs, Manaaja and 9 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I am not surprised, as my experience with some/the greater share of counselor type people, at least for me, was about money AND EGO. Do what I think, do as I say, hit yourself in my square hole, no matter the shape you are,,etc.

It makes me so sad and hurts me so, to see you unhappy and wondering. I hope that you find someone who can help, as we are together here on Sanctioned Suicide and I extend lots of hugs and caring to you, my awesome friend.

Walter

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Manaaja, waitingforrest and 8 others
F

frost

Jul 22, 2020
I've been talking to a counselor for about 4 months. A few weeks ago I told her that I'm a member of this site and I haven't heard from her since. What the fuck?!?!
what came up where you needed to tell her that you are registered here

Reactions: LastFlowers
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Probably doesn't want to have a suicide on their record. Might ruin their CV.

It is possible there's another reason you haven't heard from them though.

Reactions: Manaaja, AnestheticVoid, OpheliasFlowers and 5 others
Findail

Findail

Jan 9, 2022

This would be my guess. One of the very few times i tried to engage counselling services in the UK the guy just sat staring at me saying nothing.. at great length i asked in so many words wtf was happening/wtf was the point of us being here, and he literally said i'm trying to decide wether taking you on is likely to intcrease your chances of suicide.. i.e before anything else i am covering my arse. I just got up and left in sheer disgust.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest, Rabhen, OpheliasFlowers and 4 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
No amount of money will buy people who genuinely care. Except it will buy people who care about the money.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Manaaja, omoidarui and 11 others
D&D

D&D

Write something, even if it’s just a suicide note.
Dec 3, 2021
I am sorry to have to say this - but any, and I mean ANY professionally trained/registered mental health professional that drops the patient without any follow up and/or referral to a more appropriate professional if, and that too is valid, they feel that they can't/won't deal with a suicidal patient is NOT worthy working in the field and should be banned from practicing on both professional and ethical grounds.

Sorry if this is too long response and/or I came across (once again) as some once put it 'on a high horse' (trust me I have no clue what the bloody horse meant to represent) but it is the only thing that gets me really livered - when people, unwell people, struggling people, ask for help, are willing to engage in help, only for some dick and harry to pull the rug under them! It makes my blood pump to stroke levels!

• Love
Reactions: Rabhen, Looooser, OpheliasFlowers and 5 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Now your title is quite accurate, mine knows although doesn't know the name. I i only mentioned once or twice in the beginning long time ago.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 8975 and fox_wannabe
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I am not surprised, as my experience with some/the greater share of counselor type people, at least for me, was about money AND EGO. Do what I think, do as I say, hit yourself in my square hole, no matter the shape you are,,etc.

It makes me so sad and hurts me so, to see you unhappy and wondering. I hope that you find someone who can help, as we are together here on Sanctioned Suicide and I extend lots of hugs and caring to you, my awesome friend.

Walter
I completely agree with all of this post but in particular with the observation that counselors are egoistically buoyed by their position.

In my experience counselors (including medical doctors and psychologists) get off on the inherent dynamic of superiority over a client/patient that flatters their ego. If that kind of dynamic with people in general played a role in hammering you down to a flattened out depressed failure then there is no possibility of improvement from seeing a counselor...in fact it might even leave you worse off. Therapy barely ever helps anyone but it does enable a parasitic class to not only line their pockets by doing almost nothing but also vampirically feed off of damaged people through the socially supported lie of helping by supposedly looking into people's minds. I know there are people who believe at various points in their lives that therapists have helped them but I've always found them to be legitimized con artists (if not outright abusers) and I am very skeptical about purported evidence of their effectiveness.

• Love
Reactions: demuic, waitingforrest, whywere and 1 other person
L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
It just came up and I talk to much.
Now your title is quite accurate, mine knows although doesn't know the name. I i only mentioned once or twice in the beginning long time ago

Not that I can think of. We were just starting DBT and I thought things were going well.

Rabhen

Rabhen

Isolated Loner
Dec 17, 2021
I am sorry to have to say this - but any, and I mean ANY professionally trained/registered mental health professional that drops the patient without any follow up and/or referral to a more appropriate professional if, and that too is valid, they feel that they can't/won't deal with a suicidal patient is NOT worthy working in the field and should be banned from practicing on both professional and ethical grounds.

Sorry if this is too long response and/or I came across (once again) as some once put it 'on a high horse' (trust me I have no clue what the bloody horse meant to represent) but it is the only thing that gets me really livered - when people, unwell people, struggling people, ask for help, are willing to engage in help, only for some dick and harry to pull the rug under them! It makes my blood pump to stroke levels!
thanx for your reply, I agree if they are not willing to work with certain 'types' and do not take the time to refer or even respond, they should be reported and no longer allowed to practice, or maybe they need to go back to ethics class in school and practice there until they figure out how to actually work with humans

Reactions: D&D
L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
I think I was also getting pissed off about the recent media stories and about how wrong they are and how this site has actually helped in a lot of ways.

AnestheticVoid

AnestheticVoid

❤️ Dissociatives ❤️
Feb 17, 2022
Can't make money off the dead.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, whywere, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 2 others
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
I completely agree with all of this post but in particular with the observation that counselors are egoistically buoyed by their position.

In my experience counselors (including medical doctors and psychologists) get off on the inherent dynamic of superiority over a client/patient that flatters their ego.
Holy sticks. I experience this too with the mental health medical field. For me, therapy sessions turn into full out arguments between opinions and afterwards the occasional, "I don't feel safe with letting you leave".

They have the complete power to force someone into a hospital without much proof.

Not to mention the empty platitudes and shaming me for being pessimistic while also being overwhelming optimistic. The hypocrisy that they are able to think tgat I wrong for seeing eveything bad while they view mostly everthing in rise-tinted glasses.

I really do feel like "saving" us plays a part into their savior complexes.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, Disappointered, whywere and 1 other person
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Holy sticks. I experience this too with the mental health medical field. For me, therapy sessions turn into full out arguments between opinions and afterwards the occasional, "I don't feel safe with letting you leave".

They have the complete power to force someone into a hospital without much proof.

Not to mention the empty platitudes and shaming me for being pessimistic while also being overwhelming optimistic. The hypocrisy that they are able to think tgat I wrong for seeing eveything bad while they view mostly everthing in rise-tinted glasses.

I really do feel like "saving" us plays a part into their savior complexes.
There's an instilled misunderstanding as the health and safety ans safeguarding precautions have becone more important than a clients true well being. They've been taught to do their job a certain way and they answer to their superiors/paycheck providers. It's similar to the group histeria of religion. Everyone reinforcing the crazy in one another as their motives and baseline is no longer grounded in fact but belief. They'll even choose their 'facts' to fit their beliefs and make you feel likely the crazy one for seeing the truth/facts.

Reactions: Disappointered