imtrying

imtrying

Apr 29, 2022
I guess I had been subconsciously picturing recovery as being an obvious transition from depression to happiness and now that I'm actually (I think) on the path to recovery I'm somehow only now realizing recovery is complicated and confusing. I don't really know what to do.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: chloramine, gottablast888, Foresight and 3 others
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
Healing can be a very rough and painful process.

Reactions: chloramine, Josh007, imtrying and 1 other person
G

gwanath

May 23, 2022
Recovery is tough! It's a very misunderstood process. All you need to know is that it is not a linear journey, there will be ups and downs, and that taking a step backwards doesn't mean all our progress is lost. From my experience, happiness shouldn't be the goal, but rather something we must relearn to experience. It's hard allowing ourselves to find joy. You deserve the peace and safety you need to experience life without having to lose yourself.

I hope your recovery is the least painful it can be, and that you find what you're looking for.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: chloramine, ghqkiiia2, Josh007 and 2 others
GelatinaRouse

GelatinaRouse

Jun 28, 2022
Congratulations on your process, I hope you can continue with that; although it is long and painful.
I am also starting, or trying so to speak to recover.

• Hugs
Reactions: Josh007 and imtrying
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Recovery points you in the right direction. If you take a few wrong steps, you are more able to quickly make corrections.

As you make progress, you build momentum that can keep you going should you encounter obstacles.

Reactions: Josh007 and imtrying
imtrying

imtrying

Apr 29, 2022
Thanks for the support! This recovery forum seems like a completely different site lol.

• Love
Reactions: Josh007
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I guess stop thinking about death and focus more on life.

gottablast888

gottablast888

Student
Apr 15, 2022
sometimes you feel worse before you feel better . you dont have to be happy all the time, i think being calm would be optimal

• Informative
Reactions: Josh007 and Hollowman
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I've been asking myself the same question lately. I don't feel particularly happy or sad at the moment. Happiness is very fleeting for me. I try not to get my hopes up anymore. When something looks too good to be true, it usually is. I no longer strive for an ideal, just good enough.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: imtrying and Josh007