E

emma99

Student
Jul 31, 2024
I saw a post where some mentioned tarot readings.
so i grabbed my deck, threw it onto the ground and 7 cards were facing up.
so i took them and googled if there was a 7 card reading.

and i found that there is..

The seven cards pulled in this spread are:
  • Card one: What led to the issue
  • Card two: The current situation
  • Card three: Your emotional state
  • Card four: Your rational side
  • Card five: Aspects of the issue that need acknowledging
  • Card six: Action to take
  • Card seven: Advice for the future
I'm quite surprised that the first 5 cards were spot on but are too personal to share.

But whats shocking to me is cards 6 and 7

Card 6:Action to take

The Empress:

Pregnancy, fertility, motherhood, sensuality, nurturing,
creativity, beauty, femininity, nature, harmony, art

Card 7: Advice for Future

The World:

Success, achievement, accomplishment, travel,
completion, fulfilment, sense of belonging, wholeness

• Hugs
Reactions: kinderbueno
Whale_bones

Whale_bones

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
I'm curious, what about that comes off as strange to you? Tarot cards are made to be interpreted in a wide number of ways, and it's how you apply them to your own life that matters.

For example, while a pregnant person who draws the Empress card would likely focus on the motherhood aspect of it, another person who's never wanted kids might find a completely different meaning, like that they should get back in touch with their artistic side and work on creative projects. Yet another person might draw the Empress card when doing a spread about relationships, and interpret it to mean they should rely on their instincts and the advice of trusted female friends.

So it's really all about what's relevant to your life. Even cards like Death and the Tower have positive interpretations related to change, letting go of unhealthy people or places, and new beginnings. Of course, for those of us on this site, we might interpret Death a bit more literally than most others would :ahhha:

Reactions: kinderbueno, Edistrying, divinemistress36 and 2 others
QueenInsomnia

QueenInsomnia

Jul 21, 2024
I saw a post where some mentioned tarot readings.
so i grabbed my deck, threw it onto the ground and 7 cards were facing up.
so i took them and googled if there was a 7 card reading.

and i found that there is..

The seven cards pulled in this spread are:
  • Card one: What led to the issue
  • Card two: The current situation
  • Card three: Your emotional state
  • Card four: Your rational side
  • Card five: Aspects of the issue that need acknowledging
  • Card six: Action to take
  • Card seven: Advice for the future
I'm quite surprised that the first 5 cards were spot on but are too personal to share.

But whats shocking to me is cards 6 and 7

Card 6:Action to take

The Empress:

Pregnancy, fertility, motherhood, sensuality, nurturing,
creativity, beauty, femininity, nature, harmony, art

Card 7: Advice for Future

The World:

Success, achievement, accomplishment, travel,
completion, fulfilment, sense of belonging, wholeness
One thing you didn't mention was the position of the cards themselves, upright or reversed, which might be difficult if you had indeed just thrown them onto the ground. If so, I'm guessing the orientation of each card could be different, which is why you just went with the general, upright meaning of the cards?

When you draw The Empress in an upright position, it is very positive and suggests a pivotal time where love, abundance and compassion will be extremely important for you. Some other properties of The Empress tarot card are, some as you have mentioned already,
  • Nurturing
  • Fertility
  • Abundance
  • Divine Feminine
  • Self Expression
  • Universal Knowledge
In the upright position, The Empress is often a sign that you'll soon be receiving an abundance of something you've been in need of on an emotional and spiritual level. This will most often be a material or a physical gift, such as money, a family or a new career opportunity.

Since you mentioned the card was in the position as an action to take, The Empress could symbolize a need to:
  • Take a break and focus on replenishing yourself. You're in need of a recharge so that you can continue to smash your goals
  • Look at your problem from a more compassionate POV and see where you are being too strict with yourself or others
  • Listen and empathize with others more. This is one that can often come up in a relationship or career reading
  • Step back and allow things to unfold naturally
In the upright position, The World is a Tarot card of completion, it is the precipice of a new beginning and a new chance to learn further lessons and advance yourself. The main upright meanings of The World are:
  • Completion
  • New Beginning
  • Success
  • Travel
  • End of cycle
The World is the card of Saturn and ruled by the element of Earth. It's all about finding your feet and feeling ready to take a new leap into a new unknown. Often The World comes with a feeling of catharsis and relaxation, a feeling like you can finally take a breather.

Since you mentioned the card was in the position for future advice, this may be to:
  • Accept closure, even if it seems scary
  • Always take time to think about how far you've come, never take the baby steps it took to get to where you are for granted
  • Your comfort zone is a great place to be, but if you want more from life, you should always be challenging it
  • Reaching your goals isn't always easy and there may be setbacks, but that's all they are. Have patience and trust that you'll get to where you want to be in time.

not_actually_human

not_actually_human

indeterminate some.
Nov 12, 2022
I'm curious, what about that comes off as strange to you? Tarot cards are made to be interpreted in a wide number of ways, and it's how you apply them to your own life that matters.

For example, while a pregnant person who draws the Empress card would likely focus on the motherhood aspect of it, another person who's never wanted kids might find a completely different meaning, like that they should get back in touch with their artistic side and work on creative projects. Yet another person might draw the Empress card when doing a spread about relationships, and interpret it to mean they should rely on their instincts and the advice of trusted female friends.

So it's really all about what's relevant to your life. Even cards like Death and the Tower have positive interpretations related to change, letting go of unhealthy people or places, and new beginnings. Of course, for those of us on this site, we might interpret Death a bit more literally than most others would :ahhha:
I think the op could've been referring to the divination aspect of it, the subjective interpretation part should be obvious indeed.

Last edited:
Nikitatos

Nikitatos

Arcanist
Apr 10, 2024
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Whale_bones

Whale_bones

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
I think the op could've been referring to the divination aspect of it, the subjective interpretation part should be obvious indeed.

Not everyone has that same view though, even if it seems obvious to you or me. Some who view reading Tarot as divination don't believe that interpretation is a key part of it. They believe it's divinely/supernaturally influenced, and thus think there's a "right" and "wrong" way to read a card, and that cards give specific and direct answers.

I'm personally of the view that there's nothing supernatural involved, and think the cards are symbols that can help us understand our own thoughts and desires better. But regardless of whether someone believes in a supernatural aspect, I think keeping in mind all of a card's possible meanings is helpful, which is why I brought it up.