DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
So I decided to look him up just for fun. I was bored and figured I'd go back to my nostalgia, only to find out about the accusations
Apparently he cheated on his gf with children....I'm at a loss
I can't even go to look at his content knowing this. This news came out for some time and I only learned about it just now
It really sucks. A part of me wants to be open minded due how the Pro Jared situation went down, yet at the same time I dont want to be hopefully about someone who committed a horrible act...

Reactions: InterstateFlowers and maybepossiblyithink
cii

cii

"Well, it's groundhog day. Again."
Oct 24, 2020
I understand how you feel completely. Whenever a content creator does something heinous, even if it is something in their personal life, I can't look at them the same way anymore, they just disgust me. No matter how funny or likable they are I just have to unsub and turn away, I just can't support someone like that or give them a second of my time.

This approach, however, isn't what everyone does. You can try separating the content from the creator, and just watch his videos for what they were, funny gaming videos and stuff, rather than think about who the person behind the screen is. It's not about what he did, it's about you getting to watch something you enjoy, forget about him. He is by far not the only creator out there who is a bad person behind closed doors, many musicians and artists have a shady past as well. We can still enjoy their art for what it is, can't we?

I don't know much about the Cryaotic situation, but it's noble of you to try to see Cry's side of the story even though the news is quite damning. It does really suck.

Reactions: InterstateFlowers
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
I understand how you feel completely. Whenever a content creator does something heinous, even if it is something in their personal life, I can't look at them the same way anymore, they just disgust me. No matter how funny or likable they are I just have to unsub and turn away, I just can't support someone like that or give them a second of my time.

This approach, however, isn't what everyone does. You can try separating the content from the creator, and just watch his videos for what they were, funny gaming videos and stuff, rather than think about who the person behind the screen is. It's not about what he did, it's about you getting to watch something you enjoy, forget about him. He is by far not the only creator out there who is a bad person behind closed doors, many musicians and artists have a shady past as well. We can still enjoy their art for what it is, can't we?

I don't know much about the Cryaotic situation, but it's noble of you to try to see Cry's side of the story even though the news is quite damning. It does really suck.
No yeah totally. Its very easy to jump on the bandwagon and say "OMG YOU'RE A BAD PERSON" without looking at the full story. For granted I only looked into a few minuets worth of stuff about thee accusations. Its very easy to act on emotions and choose sides without looking at the full picture. My heart is telling me that Cryaotic did wrong and if so he should be in prison for these crimes. However if it isnt the case then it isnt fair to him. So all in all I am trying to keep an open mind to see if things

Mainly cause I remember the ProJared and the James Charles situation. it seemed initially that both youtuebrs were horrible until more evidence came out showing otherwise. People spent time hating on them and then immediately went back when the dust settled. So I like to be mindful with accusations

However as someone who has faced multiple acts of abuse from childhood up till now, I would hate to watch his content knowing how I was abused.

Another thing is that it seems Cry is taking this on and its affecting his mental state. He seems borderline suicidal. As much as he did a crime I dont want to see him hurt himself. To have engaged in such an activity one has to be very broken and this seems to be the case with Cry. He might have done what he done due to his own pain. It does no excuse the abuse however people abuse due to craving power that they dont feel within themselves. And sadly, many people choose to hurt the innocent as a means of getting that power. Cry seems to suffering the consequences publicly but I am sure hes been battling it for a long time personally. overall its just sad

cii

cii

"Well, it's groundhog day. Again."
Oct 24, 2020
Oh wow, it does sound like a very complicated situation. You're being kind of him even though he did something pretty bad, that sort of thing is rare nowadays, it's nice to see. But yeah, you're right, it really is just sad :( Hopefully things will work out for him and his family, and he will come out a better person (if the news is true of course).

DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
Oh wow, it does sound like a very complicated situation. You're being kind of him even though he did something pretty bad, that sort of thing is rare nowadays, it's nice to see. But yeah, you're right, it really is just sad :( Hopefully things will work out for him and his family, and he will come out a better person (if the news is true of course).
Right. I dunno is it really nice of me to think this way? I mean I am being nice to a supposed child predator. I feel bad.

Tbh, I am speaking as an outsider. I dont know what its like to be on the receiving end of sexual abuse from someone much older. And so while I am thinking optimistically, its probably a big "fuck you" to those girls he abused

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Feels bad when a content creator of any kind that you used to love does something awful. It's like all the memories of that content are spoiled forever.

Reactions: DeathIsTheWayOut99
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
Feels bad when a content creator of any kind that you used to love does something awful. It's like all the memories of that content are spoiled forever.
Yeah. A part oof me hopes the accusations are false. but that seems not to be the case...

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Just love it when a content creator gets famous, then stupidly loses it all because he's hitting on underage fans...what a loser.

Delia

Delia

Cerulean star
May 15, 2018
homie i can't be open minded when it comes to children lmao. A friend of mine who really looked up to him came to my dms when that whole ordeal started and she was like "I'm disgusted cause now that reminds me of what happened with my ex" or something like that, and her ex was genuinely an abusive cunt, to not get into the details.
I guess you just don't have to trust online personalities, it's so easy to be an asshole human being tbh