sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
I have my resignation letter written with 2 weeks notice so I was thinking of quitting ~ 1 month in advanced and spending my last bit of life not working. It honestly brings me so much relief, after working here for over 2 years, I can finally leave.

I used to enjoy working here. My coworkers and I would talk and laugh throughout our shifts and they would go by too fast sometimes. I would even stock the shelves and check expiration dates with a smile on my face. Now I can't even be bothered to smile when I talk to customers - luckily my mask covers that up. I've watched this place deteriorate along with my mental health. I'm so sick of everything about this place now - it's empty and lonely. All of my coworkers left, so I work alone. I caught myself eating a salad in our empty store by myself the other day and thinking to myself, "is this it?" How depressing. I can't even begin with the customers - oh my god. The entitlement and disrespect and unsolicited comments that I witness every shift has worn me down. I am already struggling with my mental health, and this shitty job makes it so much worse. I don't even know how I'm going to work my shifts this month. I am so done.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Brackenshire, Busdriver, Heart Shards and 6 others
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
That was a really brave decision you made. A lot of people stay in jobs like that,or situations that are grinding them down and draining the life from them out of fear if the unknown.

Are you going to go straight back into another job,or give yourself time to recoup mentally and get stronger?
Are you alright financially?
Anything you'd like to do,or is it all too much to think about right now?
Give yourself time,you can emerge from this,and you've taken the first affirmative step in removing yourself from an environment that was doing you no good whatsoever.
That last month will be a grind,but try to focus on the day you walk out that door for the final time.
I hope things turnaround for you soon. Be kind to yourself,and patient.

• Love
Reactions: HeavyOne, Heart Shards and sadghost
sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
That was a really brave decision you made. A lot of people stay in jobs like that,or situations that are grinding them down and draining the life from them out of fear if the unknown.

Are you going to go straight back into another job,or give yourself time to recoup mentally and get stronger?
Are you alright financially?
Anything you'd like to do,or is it all too much to think about right now?
Give yourself time,you can emerge from this,and you've taken the first affirmative step in removing yourself from an environment that was doing you no good whatsoever.
That last month will be a grind,but try to focus on the day you walk out that door for the final time.
I hope things turnaround for you soon. Be kind to yourself,and patient.

Thank you so much for this, I definitely needed to hear that :heart: I'm financially okay, so no worries there. I am only resigning because I am planning to CTB around August/September, and I really don't see the point in putting myself through any more work when I can cover any final needs I might have with my savings. It's so draining going to work, I look forward to leaving forever

• Love
Reactions: Saed
Doormat

Doormat

Life is never so bad that it can't get any worse
May 22, 2020
I have my resignation letter written with 2 weeks notice so I was thinking of quitting ~ 1 month in advanced and spending my last bit of life not working. It honestly brings me so much relief, after working here for over 2 years, I can finally leave.

I used to enjoy working here. My coworkers and I would talk and laugh throughout our shifts and they would go by too fast sometimes. I would even stock the shelves and check expiration dates with a smile on my face. Now I can't even be bothered to smile when I talk to customers - luckily my mask covers that up. I've watched this place deteriorate along with my mental health. I'm so sick of everything about this place now - it's empty and lonely. All of my coworkers left, so I work alone. I caught myself eating a salad in our empty store by myself the other day and thinking to myself, "is this it?" How depressing. I can't even begin with the customers - oh my god. The entitlement and disrespect and unsolicited comments that I witness every shift has worn me down. I am already struggling with my mental health, and this shitty job makes it so much worse. I don't even know how I'm going to work my shifts this month. I am so done.
I hear you. If you swap "customers" with "patients" you describe my relationship with healthcare. It sounds to me like you absolutely made the best decision. Do you have enough financial security that you can take a break or take time deciding a new direction? I remember the lightness I felt when I left - best job satisfaction ever :wink:. Good luck in your future endeavours!

• Hugs
Reactions: Saed and sadghost
sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
I hear you. If you swap "customers" with "patients" you describe my relationship with healthcare. It sounds to me like you absolutely made the best decision. Do you have enough financial security that you can take a break or take time deciding a new direction? I remember the lightness I felt when I left - best job satisfaction ever :wink:. Good luck in your future endeavours!

I'm so glad that you left a workplace tht was toxic for you :hug: I hope that you never have to experience anything like that again! & yes I will be okay!

• Hugs
Reactions: Saed and Doormat
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
Thank you so much for this, I definitely needed to hear that :heart: I'm financially okay, so no worries there. I am only resigning because I am planning to CTB around August/September, and I really don't see the point in putting myself through any more work when I can cover any final needs I might have with my savings. It's so draining going to work, I look forward to leaving forever

Well,with one misery-making component removed,maybe it'll have a knock on effect.
I wish all the best to you.

• Love
Reactions: sadghost
S

Septim

Jul 3, 2020
Good on you getting out of a job that makes you feel like that. It's such a trap to get stuck in when people don't leave.

• Hugs
Reactions: sadghost and Saed
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Working in retail is like growth supplements for depressing thoughts

• Love
Reactions: sadghost and Saed