Somage

Somage

Jan 30, 2021
Anyone else written out loads of goodbye/suicide letters ( who you want to get your stuff etc) then not followed through and had to bin the paperwork after bottling it and failing to overcome survival instinct? I am gonna run out of paper I think before I get the courage to hit the end button! Wondered if i am not alone in this?

solanastan16

solanastan16

May 4, 2021
I've done it a thousand times. But i now I just type it down on a google doc and keep it there until I'm extremely sure I can override SI

Reactions: FuneralCry and Somage
Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
I often have written goodbye notes but I delete them after rereading because I feel they express too much anger towards certain people and I regret taking it out on them even if they haven't read it.

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, Somage and TicoDK
onthelastday

onthelastday

I died long before i met you.
Apr 16, 2021
I lost count of how many notes I wrote, and every time I read it again I delete it because that is no longer the last feeling I want to leave, the last I just put the reasons for dying and some personal wishes, although I would like to leave something explaining who I was, because no one even came close to meeting me

Reactions: solanastan16, FuneralCry and yive
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
Anyone else written out loads of goodbye/suicide letters ( who you want to get your stuff etc) then not followed through and had to bin the paperwork after bottling it and failing to overcome survival instinct? I am gonna run out of paper I think before I get the courage to hit the end button! Wondered if i am not alone in this?
you're not alone. i like to write suicide notes

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I started to write a note one time, but I think at that time I was feeling desperate and I think to convey your feelings properly, you have to be in a certain mindset where you can think rationally. I feel like doing a note kind of finalises your decision to ctb and then the SI kicks in as suicide is against what we are programmed to do. I think the more we try to plan sometimes this can stop us doing the act.

Reactions: BottomlessPit
C

Choicer

May 7, 2021
I envy those that can write suicide notes. For me I either end up feeling bitter or gushing about love. I decided notes are not for me purely because my actions will have spoken volumes. I know it leaves others with questions but would they really want to know what's in my mind prior to ctb.?