actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
Tell me about your paranormal experiences!
Kundleni awakening? Did you havew OOBE, NDE? Did you see ghosts or UFO? If you do not want to write you can also dm.

• Hugs
Reactions: Silent.Tears, deadliftEnjoyer, CTB Dream and 1 other person
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Bumping for later

Reactions: actual_fox
H

HoneyandGlass

Student
Jun 22, 2022
I was convinced I had an NDE but it could have been all the chemicals in my brain. I had taken an overdose and was in a coma. But NDE, if it was even that, was really negative so I don't really talk about it. I wish I could find examples of negative NDEs to compare.

actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
I was convinced I had an NDE but it could have been all the chemicals in my brain. I had taken an overdose and was in a coma. But NDE, if it was even that, was really negative so I don't really talk about it. I wish I could find examples of negative NDEs to compare.
There are many, but people are silent about them. I would like to hear It, but If you do not feel comfortable do not tell me.

You are not alone tho. people go to hell in NDEs too.

H

HoneyandGlass

Student
Jun 22, 2022
Have you read any negative stories? Would you mind telling me them if you don't mind?
I can tell you what happened but would prefer in DM at some point if that's OK.

Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
When I was a kid, I had this really bizarre experience.

All I remember is walking home pretty late with my older brother. He was a bit of ahead of me and I glanced across the street to the courtyard of an apartment complex and completely stopped because I saw this elderly older woman glowing white.

She had pale skin, white night gown, white hair…she RUSHES across the courtyard, I mean in the blink of an eye, drops something in the grass and snaps her head towards me. Her eyes were completely black.

It scared the shit out of me and I ran towards my brother. He didn't see any of it and I didn't mention it to me.

It sounds SO ridiculous but I know it happened because I remember it so vividly after all these years

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Silent.Tears, Hangnail, Forever Sleep and 3 others
J

jandek

Down in a Mirror
Feb 19, 2022
I've had a couple experiences that were puzzling to me.

The first involved me waking up and feeling a kind of thing "walking" around the mattress near my feet. It felt exactly like a cat or some other small animal, just twisting in circles, but there was nothing there. I was awake enough to get up and look directly at the spot. I even got back in bed momentarily, and I could still feel it, although when I went to sleep later that day it was no longer there. This happened only two times, occurring within about a month. It was basically the same experience both times. I later found references online to similar experiences people had with "invisible cats" on the bed, but no one had a clear explanation.

The second experience is maybe less "paranormal," but it was still incredibly strange to me. I was feeling bored one night and thought I would try to induce an OBE (as one does, lol). The technique I started with was one described by a Buddhist monk, who had induced it accidentally as a child. He had imagined himself on his bed swaying on a hammock, swinging in growing arcs, until his awareness was momentarily "thrown" outside his body. In that disembodied state he then apparently saw events that happened minutes later, when he finally got up.

So that's what I did first. I started by imagining a swinging hammock, but then tried other techniques that seemed to work just as well in developing a trance-like state, as long as it was repetitive and I could easily "relate" my body to whatever movement I was imagining. So I kept doing this, keeping my eyes open, until I had some mild hallucinations, mostly brightly colored geometric shapes, seemingly made of light, floating around the room. I remember a red triangle specifically. There was a small, bright green but indistinct figure at one point. Eventually I developed this very intense full body pins-and-needles sensation, like when you sit on your leg for too long. It lasted for maybe 30 minutes, even after I got out of bed wondering what had happened. I was amazed to see that the whole "experiment" had lasted around 4 hours. Strangely, for weeks later, I was able to induce this same pins-and-needles sensation relatively quickly, using the same meditative techniques. I could do it while sitting bored on the airplane even. I can't do it now though. I don't know what happened.

• Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: deadliftEnjoyer, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, whatevs and 2 others
actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
Have you read any negative stories? Would you mind telling me them if you don't mind?
I can tell you what happened but would prefer in DM at some point if that's OK.
people meeting other beings in purgatory, people being eaten by demons, evil beings, fear and that kind of things. But cannot say from the top of my head. Also yeah sure please dm me
It sounds SO ridiculous but I know it happened because I remember it so vividly after all these years
No, I get you. My grandfather has seen ghosts.
Thanks for share!
No, I get you. My grandfather has seen ghosts.
Thanks for share!
So that's what I did first. I started by imagining a swinging hammock, but then tried other techniques that seemed to work just as well in developing a trance-like state, as long as it was repetitive and I could easily "relate" my body to whatever movement I was imagining. So I kept doing this, keeping my eyes open, until I had some mild hallucinations, mostly brightly colored geometric shapes, seemingly made of light, floating around the room. I remember a red triangle specifically.
I have been through this! I had OOBE 2 times, both short. I felt vibrations through my body, visited my room, seen view through balcony (very brief) seen my bed from below too, I think. And many lucid dreams. Also very weird. One time I induced some form of OOBE from inside lucid dream in the wildest dream I ever had. I woke up seeing patterns and colors.

I read the book from Robert Monroe about this and am on few paranormal groups.

Last edited:
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Even exist now feel paranorm, not real life

• Hugs
Reactions: feder, Disappointered, ClownMe and 1 other person
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
I have many stories. I will tell 1

I was about 10 years old when this unforgettable experience happened.

I was spending time with my family in a moonlit desert valley a few hours from my home. After a while, I decided to walk around the area (like any kid who is bored with adults).
After walking for about 10 minutes, I saw a very strange cryptid or ghost on the horizon. It was a gray shadow walking "leisurely". As if the shadow was moving from one place to another. The figure disappeared into the darkness of the night.

I ran as fast as I could to my family, totally terrified. Luckily, my family was packing up to go home. We got in the car to drive back and I watched intently on the way back as I processed what I had seen.

• Wow
Reactions: Pluto, whatevs and actual_fox
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Sometime i did ouija (on a simple piece of paper) with a friend and TV changed channel, but i think the TV was just broken... this makes me think in some friends telling horror stories, it's fun.

• Wow
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
When I was five I remember being in kindergarten one day. All of a sudden I saw a huge spider with glowing red eyes. There are no spiders that big in my area and definitely no terraiums near a freaking kindergarten. I remember being with a few other kids in the room. I distinctly remember two girls seeing it as well and screaming. I ran to call the nanny/teacher and when she came with me not only was there no spider, but it also turns out that all the other kids disappeared as well and were apparently gone for at least one hour by that time and I was the only one left to be picked up. I remember some vivid dreams from that age and this wasn't one, this actually happened.

Some time later I was playing with some friends and from the corner of my eye I notice and see, as clear as a day, a white cat with red eyes rotating it's head a few times in the window of a nearby house. Since I like cats, I rush towards it and my friends follow me... Only to discover that it's a plastic figurine cat in real size. My friends saw the figurine as well and I remember us arguing for a bit after because they didn't see it was moving while I insisted that it was a real cat. Sure it could have been an animatronic but I don't think so because: it's a normal house and not a shop or anything that would need to draw attention, it was in a poor part of a poor town, and for the rest of the day while we stayed there it never moved again. Also I never saw it again after that day. Also not a dream.

When I was 12 I almost drowned. I remember blacking out and not seeing anything until I was pulled out of the water and returned to consciousness. However, reality felt off and weird ever since, and things that spiraled my life in the way of ending up here happened exclusively after that day. I sometimes think that I died then and this is the afterlife or an alternate timeline. Many memories changed, people changed etc. All after that day.

When I was 13 I was in a hospital bed and really sick. I'm in the room with my parents and some nurses. All of a sudden the bed I'm on starts to move on it's own and bang against the walls. The nurses were scared and one ran out. My parents never wanted to talk about that for a while but later they did admit it was paranormal and I saw genuine fear in their eyes.

There are some more weird events but those could be attributed to sleep paralysis and general weirdness of the last two or three years.

• Wow
Reactions: Source Energy, makethepainstop, Pluto and 1 other person
actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
When I was five I remember...
Thanks for the comment.

That is weird. You might have something attached to you that does not wish you well, but It is up to debate. Maybe just a bad luck.

Since I attempted I also wondered If I really died but I switched timelines- or really I am hallucinating and am still hanging from the rope. But that is just my fantasy.

Damn, this bad story is weird. Do you live in haunted area perhaps?

StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
Thanks for the comment.

That is weird. You might have something attached to you that does not wish you well, but It is up to debate. Maybe just a bad luck.

Since I attempted I also wondered If I really died but I switched timelines- or really I am hallucinating and am still hanging from the rope. But that is just my fantasy.

Damn, this bad story is weird. Do you live in haunted area perhaps?
No haunted area as far as I know in childhood, but the appartment I'm in currently is weird, I feel even worse whenever I come home to it and the weirdest sleep paralysis events took place here.
My family on both sides is fairly normal, no murders, no suicides, some childhood trauma perhaps but nothing too serious, just divorces and disagreements. Also most of them don't believe in the paranormal. Altough my dad apparently heard his mother's voice a few day after she died... But they don't consider themselves that religious even.
I lurk a lot in r/retconned and I know about the idea of quantum immortality and timelines... Idk what to think about in my situation...
To be honest, one of the reasons why I chose jumping in the ocean is because I believe I'll reset the timeline somehow because water is the same way I "came" here... But it's probably dumb.
But I did have an enormous strain of bad luck in this life and I feel like reality itself doesn't want me here... Idk what to think... Also I had a brain bleeding a few days in as a baby that could have killed or left me severely mentally disabled but it was managed and the only consequence is that I'm clumsy at sports but nothing serious. Maybe reality itself hates me because I wasn't supposed to be born or something idk.
I guess life is just weird and mysterious like that :)

actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
But I did have an enormous strain of bad luck in this life and I feel like reality itself doesn't want me here... Idk what to think... Also I had a brain bleeding a few days in as a baby that could have killed or left me severely mentally disabled but it was managed and the only consequence is that I'm clumsy at sports but nothing serious. Maybe reality itself hates me because I wasn't supposed to be born or something idk.
I guess life is just weird and mysterious like that :)
It is surely weird but lucky that you did not die or even get harmed by this.

When I was a child I was severely sick which would end in my death If I lived in earlier times. Maybe we are just not vibing with this reality and vice versa. I feel this sometimes that I just do not fit.

• Hugs
Reactions: StolenLife
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
For those interested in NDEs it may be worth bookmarking this link: https://www.nderf.org/Archives/NDERF_NDEs.html

Basically it's an ever-updating database of people's experiences. Some are negative but most seem overwhelmingly positive.

• Informative
Reactions: deadliftEnjoyer, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, actual_fox and 1 other person
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Commenting here so I'm reminded to tell some when I awake.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020

Altough my dad apparently heard his mother's voice a few day after she died... But they don't consider themselves that religious even.
That would be a classic After-Death Communication.

The first involved me waking up and feeling a kind of thing "walking" around the mattress near my feet.
I once had something similar except I awoke and someone was sitting on the side of my bed, pressing that side down. The must have gotten up because I felt the bed rise. I was looking the other way. When I turned around, there was nobody there, but I was conscious enough to be confident of what I'd seen. Maybe a spirit guide or something.

Last edited:
not_actually_human

not_actually_human

indeterminate some.
Nov 12, 2022
Sorry for the bad writing. Severely mentally ill, emotionally-spent, non-native speaker, yada-yada...

This was like a week or so ago. I closed my latop learning that another suicide method that I had been looking into was an unreliable way to go out.
I went to bed ranting at the world in my own head, angry.

"Why? Why is it that I can't just leave this world even though I seriously want to? Why must I physically kill my brain in order to be able to do so? I've decided it to be the right thing to do, so I should just be able to leave my body and leave this world. What part of me is so against this that alludes me so much!"

And the same night I had an(?) OOBE.
I was out of my physical body. The sensation was alien. There was no gravity, and I could fly. I was at an angle to the bed, and at that position in space my legs would have to have been below the bed.

My first thought was: "Finally we are leaving".
And then some rogue-self that felt separate from my emotions and motivations was like "Oh, so this was real. Fascinating. Let's postpone leaving, we need to contemplate more about this new discovery". I was then pulled back into the body.
I left my body again, but was again pulled back by the same self. It happened several times until that self took all the control and rolled my physical body around to go to sleep.

I woke up later the same night mad at myself. But I had the answer, I suppose - my mind isn't fully with me.

I'm now looking into getting SN. Wish I could just leave like that again and just leave this body forever.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Informative
  • Wow
Reactions: kwho, deadliftEnjoyer and makethepainstop
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
"Oh, so this was real. Fascinating. Let's postpone leaving, we need to contemplate more about this new discovery".
That would be the voice of the ego. The same source of unhappy thoughts, fear/doubt, judgements and suffering throughout the day. The highest purpose to life is to kill it while the body is still alive.

PS. Welcome!

• Love
Reactions: feder and not_actually_human
actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
Commenting here so I'm reminded to tell some when I awake.
are you awake now?

I just had few lucid dreams btw. Also most probably an obe because I remember moving above my bed and into the ceiling and then I woke up.

Reactions: Rocinante
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
Nothing that extraordinary, really.

It happened two years ago. I had a dream of a stray cat that I was particularly fond of. "Skippy" was the name given to him (yes, it's a boy) by my neighbour. Skippy passed away that year. He was friendly, greeted, and would rub against me when I came back from work, and on night walks I would feed and play with him. If I were to describe him, he had a iced-coffee coat, black ears and a striped tail.

A few months after his passing, I had a dream and in it was a cat that looked very much like Skippy. It was lying on it's back (cat body language for trust), with its white spotted belly exposed. Just thinking about this had me tearing up. My only memento of him is a video sent to me by my neighbour of his final moments. (She found him very sick, brought him to the vet and was by his side until the very end.)

Rest in Peace Skippy, you will be missed đź’”

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Silent.Tears, actual_fox, Pluto and 1 other person
H

HoneyandGlass

Student
Jun 22, 2022

That would be a classic After-Death Communication.

I once had something similar except I awoke and someone was sitting on the side of my bed, pressing that side down. The must have gotten up because I felt the bed rise. I was looking the other way. When I turned around, there was nobody there, but I was conscious enough to be confident of what I'd seen. Maybe a spirit guide or something.
The article you posted makes a very interesting read. Thank you.

Reactions: Pluto
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
My Dad, Grandma and a few other family members once tried an ouija board and 'got through' to an uncle. My Grandma was the only one who actually knew him and apparently went very pale and stopped 'playing.' Not really sure whether I believe in it but I wouldn't mess around- just in case.

My Nan did seem to have a spiritual side to her. She used to read people's palms. My Mum had a miscarriage before she had me and my Dad was ringing around to tell everyone she had been taken into hospital. He couldn't reach my Nan. (No mobile phones back then.) She was actually already on her way to the hospital because she felt like something was wrong.

I once dreamt something that came true in real life. That was odd. Might have been my mind playing tricks but I do distinctly remember it being a dream.

My Dad said I saw my Mum shorly after she died (I was 3.) He asked me what I was smiling at and I pointed and said I could see her. I don't remember it though and apparently, it's quite common for young children to think they have seen their deceased parents. Still, an aunt of mine also saw her (different occasion) so, who knows? I dislike orthodox religions generally but I do have a spiritual bent and I certainly don't rule out aliens- why not? Makes life a bit more interesting.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Silent.Tears, Per Ardua Ad Astra and actual_fox
Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
Nice thread! I will read it later. Placing dot

• Love
CatLover

CatLover

Jun 3, 2018
I've had quite a few. One of the more interesting ones was when I was dating an estate agent and he had this lovely big property in his portfolio that wasn't selling so we went out to spend a few days there. It wasn't that cold outside but it was FREEZING inside, which was unpleasant. There was a proper fire in the main room, but even sitting right in front of it, it felt SO cold. When we went to bed that night my partner zonked out straight away, like he always did, not a care in the world that man lol. I stayed up reading a book for a bit and then turned off the light. A few minutes later I heard children - as clear as day - playing in the room on the other side of the wall and laughing as they ran up and down the stairs like a herd of elephants. Of course there was no one there. Eventually I got to sleep and told my partner about it in the morning. He said 'Huh. It's odd you should mention that because I think that's why we've been having so much trouble selling it - people say it's haunted.' He never saw or heard anything, I guess because he didn't believe in it. Because I was more 'open' maybe I did? I found out later that a cold temperature is also a common thing in places that are said to be haunted. It wasn't a frightening experience per se but just very odd, because there was no possible explanation (the home was detached, in the middle of nowhere etc etc).

Reactions: Silent.Tears and actual_fox
Sorrowful Paradise

Sorrowful Paradise

A sweet guy
Nov 20, 2022
I feel evil spirits are what cause most of the calamities in life.

• Aww..
Reactions: DT2007, Per Ardua Ad Astra and actual_fox