• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
I am curious about a particular method. I have dozens of scars on my wrists from cutting them so I have experience with the fact it is difficult and unreliable to ctb this way, most of the time.

However, on impulse about 8 years ago I cut my wrist with a brand new razor blade straight from the hardware store. Just one deep cut and I was immediately bleeding so much it pooled on the entire bathroom floor. I had been drinking hard liquor and taken blood thinners. Later I received stitches in the ER and could see the yellow tissue inside my wrist and was informed I had severed some nerve endings. (I was found, obviously).

How possible is it someone could bleed out this way? Wouldn't the liquor and blood thinners contribute to that? I am interested also to dispel the myth that it is easily done.

Thanks for any input or ideas. Pictures included of vein and artery locations.

Attachments

• hand_arm_veins.jpg
    hand_arm_veins.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 45
  • images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    7.8 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel
I

Its time its time

Student
Apr 7, 2019
Not first time someone has brought this method up.

Very unreliable method because you must know where to cut. And you must cut really deep to hit the right artery which is very well protected ( almost down to the bone), multiple times on the same spot - if you are using a blade. So you must be very committed to get past your SI and have huge tolerance to pain. Apart from that, there will also be a huge mess. If you manage to cut at the right spot, chances are you'll take at least 30 mins to 1 hour to bleed out. During that time not only will you be conscious but also in a panic. That's the point people usually call ER on themselves.

Also body will kick into self protection mode and cause blood clots to try and reduce the blood flow. Alcohol and blood thinning medication does help - but to a certain extent only. Also lying in a tub of warm water may also be a plus factor to slow down the natural blood clotting process.

Unlike in the movies. You got to cut vertical and not cross the wrist.

Try looking through the fourm. Bout 2 weeks back a guy tried this method even though many of us suggested against. He claims to have bled a litre or more of blood, but yeah he was unfortunately not successful.

In a nutshell: Possible to carry out this method but not the most reliable one. Cheers.

Reactions: Halo13
K

KitKat456

May 18, 2019
Wrist slitting has a poor chance of fatality. You would need to slash really deep, hit a major artery, and be able to withstand the pain long enough to avoid calling for help before you die. Even with alcohol and blood thinners, this is a pretty risky method. I would recommend looking into something else.

Reactions: Its time its time, Halo13 and Chalken
AngelGirl

AngelGirl

Cat
May 18, 2019
Can't use this method because at most you will get the veins but not the arteries. Getting the arteries would be difficult because you need to go pretty deep and that's extremely difficult to achieve just by slitting. You basically need to stab your self.

Reactions: Its time its time
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Nah mate, I just made a long ass post about why this is a bad idea. In short, itss unlikely youll bleed out from severing simple veins, you need to either cut extremely deep or aim for arteries. Not many people are able to slit the artery or go deep enough. If you do go deep enough youll most likely sever your nerves and tendons and render your arms and hands potentially useless, temporarily or permanently. I sawed so deeply into my arms, all the way from wrists to elbows I needed 14 stitches per arm. There were puddles of blood. I didnt even go into shock yet alone die. I nicked a tendon and its a pain in the ass. It never healed, some of my skin is paralyzed and it sends random shooting pains up and down. Horrific scars also that just scream I tried to kill myself.
Lost all hope says its about 5% effective in causing death. Overdose is about 40% and its still pretty unreliable. 8 times less deadly than OD. Unless you have mad skills, do it only if you want attention.

JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
This method is very unreliable because even if you do cut deep enough (veins/tendons/arteries), you might not bleed out enough and could end up with permanent nerve damage to the point where you can't properly use/move your hands and you'll end up with scars. I tried this method and luckily didn't have any damage, but I'm stuck with the scars as a constant reminder of it being another failure because I kept clotting before I could bleed out enough. Not to mention the terrible memories of having to get stitches in the ER with the nurses gawking and talking amongst themselves and the doctors asking me what's wrong with me and why I would do this to myself. If that wasn't enough I had to spend a week in the psych ward and have my bandages changed everyday and the antiseptic made it feel like my wrists were on fire to the point where I couldn't move my hands or arms for 1 week (it hurt worse than the actual cutting and stitches). I had to wait almost 2 months before my stitches could be taken out because every time they tried to take them out, the wounds would start bleeding again. I also had to deal with pains in my wrists for 1 year. I will never try this method again.

S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
i think the only realistic way to ctb by cutting is the carotid artery, as its the closest to the skin. the rest are too deep to realistically cut well, the pain wouldnt allow. even the carotid would still be really hard thou.
i wish i could just kinfe through my heart but the pesky ribs are protectign it id probably fail and no wards thank you