• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

misatosdiary

misatosdiary

everything will be okay
Jun 28, 2024
Seen often in movies and TV shows, I now wonder if this method could be it. I have heard all of the comments about how dumb this would be and how unreliable that method is buut I really want to see more information on it and wonder if theres any megathred for it or anything. Lethality rates, how and where and how deep to cut yourself, difference between in a bathtub and not (arteries for this one, bathtub for bleeding out). I'm wondering about when blood clotting happens, how likely it is to happen and how to prevent it. Lastly, if you could choose, would a paracetamol od be better or wrist cutting. If your answer is neither drop ur fav methods (without prescription drugs or hanging or jumping or shooting or setting fire). Thanks for anyone whos respondin to this!

Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
I think the death rate is about 6%. Even doctors who have the years of anatomical training and knowledge to do properly, not to mention access to the local anaesthetics required to make it as painless as possible tend to choose alternative methods. You've got a better chance of sustaining severe, possible permanent damage to the muscles, ligaments and tendons.

As for paracetamol, I don't know the stats, but again it's not recommended. You're looking at being a bit unwell, being extremely unwell, or possible long term organ damage. That could be fatal but it's not quick and painless and involves a lot of agony and suffering.

There's a megathread in the Suicide Discussion main page which goes through all the different methods and their drawbacks. If something isn't mentioned, it's not recommended and shouldn't be attempted for very good reasons.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Cutting and paracetamol just sound like ways to end up in a situation of worse suffering to me, my most ideal method would be Nembutal but of course sadly it's not an option which is really so cruel and terrible, all I wish for is the option of a painless death just like never waking again, I never wish to suffer in this existence again. I'll always find it so tragic how people have to suffer and struggle to die on their own terms without the option to just reliably die in peace. But anyway I hope you find what you search for, I wish you the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashu
G

grisly bear

Apr 22, 2024
I am also interested in the Wrist Cutting method.
If anyone could provide statistics, studies, and numbers, that would be great.
Also, what should one be aware of?
I am not very interested in any permanent severe damage in case of failure."

andreamysk

andreamysk

Jun 29, 2024
Meta-analyses are usually the most solid research, because they are based on the sum/comparison of many studies on the subject. The most recent one I found («Journal of Affective Disorders» vol. 300, 1 March 2022, Pages 121-129) reports a lethality rate of 1-4% in case of cutting. The authors are aware that the lethality rate may be affected by a gap in information regarding unrecorded CTB attempts (and they used statistical tools to limit this bias), but this will at most further lower the reported percentage. I hate to say it, but this is what emerges from the studies: CTB attempts are mostly by young women; actual CTBs are mostly by older males (and this depends on the method). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2021.12.054