N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
David Foster Wallace wrote such a story in Brief Interviews with Hideous Men. There were men like that. DFW self-loathed him in an extreme magnitude. And if he did similar shit I can very well imagine that hatred for himself. I think one man had an extremely ugly arm and he used it to get women into his bed. I am not sure how DFW managed that but he talked about his groupies in a pejorative way.

I am in a self-help group. There is one woman who seems to pity me so much. She seems to be pretty shocked and emotional about which abuse I went through and that my therapists have considered me a hopless case who will kill himself. I had the feeling she sort of likes me. She always laughs in a pretty amazing way about my jokes. I had a crush on her but I did not approach her because the last time I approached a woman in my self-help group it backfired spectacularly. I did not actually approach her just everything happened in my brain. That woman (who pities me) knows of my love delusions. And does everything she can not to trigger them. We once had a longer conversation coincidentally and we vibed pretty pretty good. She tried to avoid that conversation though and it only happened abitrarily.

There was a time I had a crush on her. Tomorrow I might see her again and talk about my success with the woman of the dating app.
Despite the fact we vibed pretty good in that conversation I had the feeling a huge extent is contributed by the fact she pities me. She told us she might will move to a different city soon or that she in her last relationship she felt like the mother of her partner which she now wants to avoid in her next relationship.

I think the last time she thought I had a love delusion on her which was not the case. I tried to signal her I don't have them. This nonverbal communication is pretty difficult for someone who struggles with paranoia.
I am just a mental wreck when I have to talk in front of a group of people. Even in my fucking self-help group. I don't know why but if I only talk to one person (also on my dates) I had way less issues with it. I am weird.

Despite the feeling she likes me I never approached her. And I think this was the right decision. I never want to make a woman uncomfortable. When I have the feeling I actually do that I feel abysmally. This is one reason why I don't approach woman usually in real life. On dating apps it is different. We both know there what's the purpose of the conversation.

I am pretty glad I did not try to persuade her or anything to give me a try. Tbh I could have imagined after some dates we could have matched pretty well. However, she visits this group because she struggles with loneliness and I certainly don't want to ruin her escape of loneliness.

These thoughts reminded me of the DFW stories I read where men actually exploit the pitying of women to have sex with them. Tbh that sounds pretty fucked up. I already struggle with extreme self-loathing. I don't know how I would be able to live with that. I could never look me in the eyes again. It sounds pretty sick. Maybe this foreword might deter men or women to admit they would do it. But for me I feel uncomfortable only by thinking about it.

endofline2010

endofline2010

Aug 8, 2024
Despite the feeling she likes me I never approached her. And I think this was the right decision. I never want to make a woman uncomfortable. When I have the feeling I actually do that I feel abysmally. This is one reason why I don't approach woman usually in real life. On dating apps it is different. We both know there what's the purpose of the conversation.
I think it depends on a couple things:
  1. Are you reading the situation correctly?
    1. Is the person you're talking to being nice to you because they like you or are just doing their job, looking for a better tip, etc?
  2. What is your goal? Is it just to get to know the person and see where it leads, or are you just looking to get laid? Relationship, or just friends, regardless of sex or not?
    1. There is a much lower chance of you making someone uncomfortable if you want to talk or get to know someone. If it's definitely about sex, then there has to be a specific type of attraction that goes beyond just liking someone.
  3. Dating apps aren't really that much different. You can talk to someone you just want to hook up with, regardless of a stronger connection or not.
I am pretty glad I did not try to persuade her or anything to give me a try. Tbh I could have imagined after some dates we could have matched pretty well. However, she visits this group because she struggles with loneliness and I certainly don't want to ruin her escape of loneliness.
I feel the same way, having got into a serious relationship after realizing that I won't be around that long. I know it was a very selfish thing to do.
These thoughts reminded me of the DFW stories I read where men actually exploit the pitying of women to have sex with them. Tbh that sounds pretty fucked up.
If men have to do this, they are, in fact, pitiful.
I already struggle with extreme self-loathing. I don't know how I would be able to live with that. I could never look me in the eyes again.
Same here. The absolute last thing I would want is someone to sleep with me for any reason other than they find me attractive and they are interested in me, physically. I don't want or need to be anyone's pity-fuck, just the same as I would never sleep with someone if I pitied them. Lot's of respect for you holding yourself to this standard.

• Love
Reactions: noname223 and GuessWhosBack
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'd probably be glad and grateful at first but maybe I'd come to resent it or just feel more insecure about it. It really depends.