Would you trade your sanity in exchange of a good life quality?

• Yes

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Sadly I already lost sanity

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I had some contact with this bipolar girl. I think one could say she is clinically insane in many instances. Her mania and I think psychotic symptoms deceive her totally. We concluded I am way more self-aware about my conditions but she has the better life quality. I am not sure how good her life quality really is. She says things like she loves life, life is way too short, she is happy for being alive.. I think she has several clinic stays per year. One could say she kind of lives there. I think she once was homeless. And even that she celebrated it. That she can be together with the nature. She told me she danced during the night in some German cities. I think her manic episodes made her promiscuous. It is likely someone raped or at least sexually assaulted her because of some trauma (during an episode)
She did not want to say what exactly happened. Despite that she loves life etc. She even thinks her life was very good. Except in very short episodes of depression which take some days or few weeks. I am not sure whether we just have different standards to life but her life seems for me pretty fucked up. However she says she has a good life quality...

I sometimes have issues with paranoia and a little bit sanity issues. But she is in a complete different dimension and is no comparison to me.
I think my sanity is more important for me than life quality. I think she is to the point "not sane" that she barely can reflect her pathologies that sounds so scary to me. She will run out of money/ family support one day. Maybe live on the streets who knows. I think stories like hers don't end well usually. But mine neither.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: katagiri83 and LoiteringClouds
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
I guess they are too detached from reality and especially what is happening in their life. Maybe part of it is masking, coping or some other way to deal with life's burden but in the end, I think deep down they are just as sad as we are.

freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
I prefer my insane people to be as sad as I am. I've met people like her on my travels through psych wards. I agree with you. Ignorance does not seem like bliss to me. If life is shit let me see it as such. Been delusional many many times so I know all too well the consequences of living in a 'fool's paradise'.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It's hard to answer really. I mean- if you were happy and didn't realise- NEVER realised you were insane/delusional, plus- you had a good life quality, that would be awesome. If you TRULY felt good in yourself- it wouldn't matter if other people thought you were nuts.

Still- I expect the reality isn't like that. It's probably really disturbing to have psychotic episodes. Even if 'happy' episodes felt good at the time- they would feel less enjoyable I imagine if you weren't quite sure what was really 'you'.

I think the tragedy probably is that the majority of people here maybe don't entirely have either. Having at the very least- a negatively skewed perspective AND a not particularly great quality of life.

• Hugs
Reactions: noname223