N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Or in case you have one have you told him/her about SS? My closest friends know of this forum. Most of them support the pro-choice movement. I sometimes vent in our group about the media coverage. Two of my best friends find the outrage of the media ridiculous. They also support assisted suicide and find the dramatization of this forum very stupid.

If I had a partner I was not fully sure whether I should tell about SS. I would not like it when my partner could read all my thoughts in this forum. Though the person would probably not do that. I think it is good to open up to your partner about your feelings. However maybe having no filter at all could cause problems.
Maybe I would say I was in a suicide forum but not mentioning the name of it. If the first thing she read were the media articles she would probably think I was a monster.

Though I think this question will never become a serious problem for me becaus my inability to find a partner.

Reactions: Foresight, Toonloon and Sherri
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Yes he knows about it. He's by my side sometimes specially at night when I'm here in the forum. He is totally ok with it. And I don't show him what it goes around here much but he knows how important this forum is for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Foresight, Toonloon, demuic and 1 other person
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
No - my problems and choices are my own; I don't want to burden anyone else with them. When I'm with someone, it's to have a good time and forget our worries.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ringo, Foresight, Toonloon and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
If I had a partner I'd probably have no need to be here anymore. šŸ™ƒ

Reactions: NumbItAll, Foresight and Toonloon
Toonloon

Toonloon

Experienced
Nov 17, 2020
i want to but know they won't get it all. It will just cause issues.

Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I definitely think you should be open about your pro-choice view. Being pro-choice on the matter is a valid stance that doesn't need to be hidden imo. It might scare some people but I don't know. I'd want someone who can hear my important views even if they feel differently.

I'm pretty private about my online activity so i have a hard time recommending being open about this forum. I don't even like when my husband (who I met on ss reddit) sees me on here. I think it freaks him out a little thinking I'm ctb soon. It's hard for him to understand the recovery section and how it helps. He never used the forum, just the sub which was different than here.

• Hugs
Reactions: noname223
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
She already knows and she knows she's a legend on here too

Reactions: davidgeorge
davidgeorge

davidgeorge

Experienced
Dec 21, 2021