Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
This is probably a dumb question to ask but lately I've thought if getting EST would do me any good. I've suffered multiple head injuries over the years and it permanently damaged my brain and made school very hard to get through and everyday life in general a real struggle. I'm wondering is EST would somehow help clear away some brain fog since all I do is space out (I was diagnosed with Inattentive ADHD) and just help with my overall though process, moods etc. Even if it was recommended I'm not sure I could summon the nerve to go through with it, i've never tried out any other therapy methods or talked to my doctor about possible treatments and I'm pretty sure my mom would be 100% against me doing something like that. But I figured I might as well ask, thank you.

want2dienow

want2dienow

Atari hazure?
Jul 24, 2022
For me, to be further controlled by someone else? fuck that.
Dealing with memory loss of what I can do, double fuck that.
Memory loss and having him lie to make believe something not actually true due to my memory loss from ECT? Triple fuck that.

• Love
Reactions: Hollowillow, akirat9, Susannah and 2 others
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
This is probably a dumb question to ask but lately I've thought if getting EST would do me any good. I've suffered multiple head injuries over the years and it permanently damaged my brain and made school very hard to get through and everyday life in general a real struggle. I'm wondering is EST would somehow help clear away some brain fog since all I do is space out (I was diagnosed with Inattentive ADHD) and just help with my overall though process, moods etc. Even if it was recommended I'm not sure I could summon the nerve to go through with it, i've never tried out any other therapy methods or talked to my doctor about possible treatments and I'm pretty sure my mom would be 100% against me doing something like that. But I figured I might as well ask, thank you.
Considering you havent tried any other therapy methods or talked to a professional about other available options, I would strongly recommend against ECT. ECT is a last resort kind of thing when you've tried literally everything else therapy and treatment wise, and ECT also have a high risk of causing damage to the brain, memory loss and making you space out even more when doing tasks. You should discuss this further with a doctor and look at what other options you have before you consider this as one.

Reactions: faex42, Susannah, Celerity and 3 others
katagiri83

katagiri83

Like tears in rain
Jan 4, 2022
Even if it was recommended I'm not sure I could summon the nerve to go through with it, i've never tried out any other therapy methods or talked to my doctor about possible treatments and I'm pretty sure my mom would be 100% against me doing something like that.
ECT is a last resort kind of thing when you've tried literally everything else therapy and treatment wise, and ECT also have a high risk of causing damage to the brain, memory loss and making you space out even more when doing tasks.
Definitely agree with @lionetta12 , there are a number of treatments / meds which you can explore before considering ECT. TMS is an option.

Reactions: chloramine and lionetta12
adrienne

adrienne

postalservice
Sep 16, 2022
Hi! I have adhd inattentive type too! Are you able to take stimulants? /// THEY HELP SO MUCH
I'd do ECT too if it helped adhd, trust me. I hate it too! It makes me feel dumb too.

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Nov 16, 2019
Hi! I have adhd inattentive type too! Are you able to take stimulants? /// THEY HELP SO MUCH
I'd do ECT too if it helped adhd, trust me. I hate it too! It makes me feel dumb too.
Never heard of stimulants. Can you tell me exactly what they do?

adrienne

adrienne

postalservice
Sep 16, 2022
Never heard of stimulants. Can you tell me exactly what they do?
They help you focus. When you have adhd inattentive type like me, your brain can't hear the conversation in front of you. Adhd makes you feel restless and dumb and me, depressed bc it feels like life is a waste when u can't absorb anything/stay on task/start a task etc

• Informative
Reactions: Green Destiny
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Nov 16, 2019
They help you focus. When you have adhd inattentive type like me, your brain can't hear the conversation in front of you. Adhd makes you feel restless and dumb and me, depressed bc it feels like life is a waste when u can't absorb anything/stay on task/start a task etc
Hmm that does sound very similar to me. Thank you for telling me about Stimulants.

Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
Don't go there. I've seen the result of EST, and I got terrified. I didn't even know EST was a legal treatment in Norway before I ended up in the psyc ward 10y ago. I got a friend there, a police woman (highly educated). She surrendered, and agreed to try EST. 2 days after first treatment, she didn't remember my name. After 4 EST, she felt worse than before. She didn't even remember her own name. I helped her to cope with the fear of losing herself completely the following days. I was discharged from the psyc ward 1 one later. I never saw her again, but I'll never forget.

EST might work as a last option for some people, but scientifically the outcome is poor.

Wish you the best
Lots of loveS

A

akirat9

エクトリアン
Sep 23, 2022
For me, to be further controlled by someone else? fuck that.
Dealing with memory loss of what I can do, double fuck that.
Memory loss and having him lie to make believe something not actually true due to my memory loss from ECT? Triple fuck that.
ねえ、私はあなたを知っていると思います。 私はあなたに言いたかった、それからの私は私、私たち、私たちは最終的なキスメットを気にしました。

no, sn is the only that could end this nightmare

Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
Do you think you can cure brain injury with more brain damage?

NO!

Eat stuff high in vitamin b, that will heal nerves. Eat meat. I take supplements too. My concussion is better.

Replace sugary toxic shit & grains by greens.

I cheat but I need to fatten up after losing too much weight to chemical poisonning. Find your allergens, avoid toxins.

It can be a side effect of psychiatric drugs. Fucking scam industry by heartless psychopaths. They hammered brains with ice picks, then used electro chocks, then used toxic drugs to lobotomize people into compliance. They don't give a fuck and wouldn't know how even if they cared.

The food supply is a toxic artificial stimulant drug for slaves.

Get real nutrition & your brain will work.
Hmm that does sound very similar to me. Thank you for telling me about Stimulants.
Stimulants work by forcing your body to go faster than what it can. It slows down & sacrifice functions during famins or malnutrition. So yeah, you'll feel high instead of half asleep. But then you'll crash into a burn out with anxiety & depression.

Vitamin B is required to burn energy, vitamin C to heal the burn. Both are used to make the red blood cells that carries oxygen to the brain. That too wakes up the brain

Seeing tortured drugged kids is why I hate this dumb world.

Speed is a street drug... Same shit as ritalin. Giving coffee to a tired starved child is fucked up... But electrochocs & speed... Madness.

Well, I failed my life so maybe I'm wrong. The person on stimulant sounds happier than me.

But I'd rather shoot my skull off with a shot gun than let a dumb ass electrocute my brain randomly.

Last edited:
A

affinity

Oct 8, 2021
Respectfully (and I don't mean to demean any personal, first hand experiences), I think some of you have some misinformation on this procedure, especially with how the procedure has been portrayed in the movies, like One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest.

First, it is administered under anesthesia with mild electric currents. You experience no pain and many go back to work after it's done. Like any procedure, there are potential side effects, but it's not like back in the day when they'd do so with you fully conscious and with high voltage and that did generate some pretty significant side effects, including memory loss.

It's very much true this is an option when all other options are exhausted or you're unable to avail yourself of medications - but it's not something to be feared and many have had great results from it. Talk to a medical professional who has experience with this and see if this would make sense with your condition/past treatments.

Reactions: Susannah and letsmakeitagoodworl
L

letsmakeitagoodworl

Sep 25, 2022
Considering you havent tried any other therapy methods or talked to a professional about other available options, I would strongly recommend against ECT. ECT is a last resort kind of thing when you've tried literally everything else therapy and treatment wise, and ECT also have a high risk of causing damage to the brain, memory loss and making you space out even more when doing tasks. You should discuss this further with a doctor and look at what other options you have before you consider this as one.
I agree it seems other therapies should be tried first. You sound young (sorry if I'm assuming there), please do try therapy and seeing a Dr first because things can change for many, they really can. However I also thought ect was a last resort however I got assessed for it whilst inpatient for severe depression and I got told I was basically "too chronic" for it!! Not something I suspected to hear. I got told the sucess rate is about 50/50 for someone, but comorbid issues lower the sucess rate and the more treatments someone has failed (eg treatment resistance) the less chance it has of working. I was told it most likely cause memory issues but for most pep these are restricted to around the time of ect, but he said it can vary. I was told I would have to remain on antindepresants as it didn't work alone, and also it only worked for about a year. It sounded to me that it's used to help get the brain basically out of its depressed hole... being less depressed for a year ish would allow rewiring of the brain a bit. Basically depression leads to unhealthy wiring in the brain, it needs to learn new healthy wiring which occurs with reduced depression & positive behvaioural changes that come with that. This dr who was in charge of the public ect program thing has no money to make from me so I believe what he told me, I do suspect though he likes to work with less chronic people to boost ects success rate

Reactions: Susannah
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
For me personally for it to be effective, it must be administered via the electric chair, which would be the only electroshock therapy could work for me!

• Love
Reactions: Susannah
Unhirable

Unhirable

Proud member of the FBI and CIA.
Sep 14, 2022
If you want it I would recommend it and here is why.

It sounds draconian and scary, but its still used.