I would

• "become the topping. I'm happy with granting the experience to someone else if I can't have it"

• "remain a mere cake. I can't sacrifice myself for someone else or be in someone else's shadow"

• "neither. just eat me"

Results are only viewable after voting.
Insomniac

Insomniac

š¯”„ š¯”² š¯”± š¯”¦ š¯”° š¯”Ŗ
May 21, 2021
what's more important? the topping or the cake?

If you were a mere cake with no dressing and no topping. and you met another cake who has a dressing but has no topping.

if you were given two options, to either:
- remain a mere cake
- or become the topping of that other, more appealing cake. to sacrifice your life as a mere cake with no dressing and no topping to become the topping of the cake that has a dressing but no topping... In other words, you can't experience being the ultimate cake. But only you can give that experience to that other cake.

would you do it?

but the thing is, if you chose to sacrifice your life as a cake to become the topping of the other cake - and thus, achieve the ultimate cake- you'd still have to exist. the condition is that you must not cease to exist.

if you chose to become the topping of that cake.. will you be able to bear being in the complete shadow of that other cake for the rest of your existence ?

If you chose to remain a mere cake, will you endure the inescapable deep yearning for the ultimate cake ? is iit even worth existing as a cake if you never get a topping?

I don't think I could sacrifice myself to become the topping of that other cake.

I don't think I can live as a mere cake either..

O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I would rather we all live in mediocrity than become a slave so that someone else can ascend. I don't mind living in the shadow of others, but I don't want to be an accessory to their greatness. I would live as the topless cake out of spite.

Insomniac

Insomniac

š¯”„ š¯”² š¯”± š¯”¦ š¯”° š¯”Ŗ
May 21, 2021
I would rather we all live in mediocrity than
but that state of living in mediocrity feels so humiliating. It's like a permanent sense of shame and embarrassment of yourself. you feel like other perceive you as someone with little dignity.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Would rather just be consumed as a fitting punishment for all the wanton destruction I've caused as a result of my over consumption. Preferably in an overtly sensual manner and by someone hot.

O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
but that state of living in mediocrity feels so humiliating. It's like a permanent sense of shame and embarrassment of yourself. you feel like other perceive you as someone with little dignity.
I have been mediocre my entire life. Personally it doesn't really bother me. I have my dignity.

I'm a mess of emotional and mental issues, but I don't think my lack of greatness effects me at all. I don't crave glory.

Reactions: Insomniac