bunny_brownie9

bunny_brownie9

so terribly lost
Jan 1, 2024
I've been working a horrible retail job for 4 years, unsociable hours, repetitive, just awful. I have a job offer for next month doing something completely different with sociable hours and hopefully is more interesting.

Do I hold off to see how it goes? the thing is is that my demons and trauma follow me everywhere, so new job does not equal feeling any better. I should just die before it starts and I'll never even be aware that I was ever alive.

I feel it would just look bad if I've waited months for this offer, start the job, and then ctb very soon afterwards.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
tary

tary

Experienced
Jul 3, 2022
I wouldn't care how it looks, it's never too late to CTB and always worth trying something new if possible before it.

Reactions: 3/4Dead, ceilng_tile, jar-baby and 3 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Ultimately there wouldn't be a difference after you're dead.

I don't think that anyone here can make that decision for you. Maybe you have some hope deep inside that it could get better with the new job? If so, then give it a try.

If it's not working out you can still CTB.

Reactions: 3/4Dead, GuessWhosBack and wCvML2
T

TheUncommon

Student
May 19, 2021
Why would work have any kind of positive impression? Why would you want to work?

The only reason most people work is to get paid. Therefore, for most people "running into a lump sum" would be a more applicable question. If there are actions that you enjoy doing, then that's not work, that's a hobby.

I'm not being accusatory or condescending, I'm genuinely asking because I don't personally understand and want to know.

• Hmph!
Reactions: MyTimeIsUp
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

If you have doubts, reach out. Here to listen.
Jul 15, 2024
Do I hold off to see how it goes?
If you're asking that question, the answer is yes. I'm currently working in my dream job, and I agree that it doesn't necessarily make you feel any better. It has its ups and downs, and sometimes I can't be arsed.
I feel it would just look bad if I've waited months for this offer, start the job, and then ctb very soon afterwards.
Don't bother about this, since if you die, looking bad to your employer won't matter. Let me assure you that your employer will not worry if they look bad if they have to fire several people due to mergers, acquisitions, etc etc.

Reactions: jar-baby and Praestat_Mori
AmericanMary

AmericanMary

Mage
Apr 30, 2024
I'm also stuck at a horrible job. I have quit this company twice in 8 years over sexual harassment. I have put my notice in 3 times over the last 3 months and just keep switching stores.

I am suppose to start a new job with a new company in about a week and a half. But I just can't seem to hold on that much longer. My mind can't keep going. I want to rest.

I know it'll be a much better work environment, better hours, better pay. I'll enjoy it more. But I can't wait to give it a shot.

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack
C

ceilng_tile

Jan 13, 2024
I wouldn't care how it looks, it's never too late to CTB and always worth trying something new if possible before it.
Agreed. The nice thing about ctb is that there's no expiration date on it.

New opportunities are hard to come by. You should give this one a chance. Either it makes your life better and your problem is solved or it doesn't make your life better and you lose nothing by trying. (Besides, if you were to attempt ctb right before starting the job and your attempt failed you might lose the opportunity completely and all the effort you put into finding the new job would be for nothing.)

Reactions: tary
3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Peace, Love, Empathy
Feb 27, 2024
Wait it out to see if the job improves quality of life at all. Can always die later.