N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think nudism is more widespread in Europe than in the US. I never went to one and I don't regret that. I have accidentally seen the browser history of a person and the person searched for a nudism beach close to him/her.

I absolutely cannot relate to the allure of a nudism beach. I think the theory is like we should not sexualize all of our bodies and being naked is just normal it does not necessarily imply sexual relations. Under our clothes we are all just the same: nude.

Though it is obivous who visits these places. Maybe it is a stereotype but I think many voyeurs visit these places. And nowadays there are so tiny cameras. It is really likely someone records you and you will be exposed online. You would have to pay me huge amounts of money to force me to such a place. And then there are all the old men with their.... Okay I don't write that but in my native language I would know some funny remarks. I would feel very uncomfortable to be in such a place. I am also not good in watching someone discreetly. If there was a beautiful woman it would hard for me not to stare. Yeah and this all would trigger my overthinking. It would be horrible for me. Like it could increase my suicidality a lot. Lol.

Normally I don't agree with American prudery but on this topic I absolutely understand you guys. Europe is a weird place.

S

Slimetae

Slimeent🎲
Apr 23, 2022
Yea no amount of money would make me interested In going but if that's what people are into I don't really care or judge .

Reactions: Foresight
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
I think there's a clothing-optional beach in San Francisco, oddly enough. There are likely more scattered around the US, though they aren't commonplace like in Europe. In any case, I wouldn't be interested in seeing naked bodies up close even if I were given the option. I'm squeamish when it comes to nudity and seeing bodies that might look better than mine up close would make my insecurities even worse.

CTBgenuine

CTBgenuine

Student
Mar 27, 2022
I went to one with my ex a few years ago (his idea). I hated it at 1st but grew comfortable with it after a while....sand is the enemy of a nude body

Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
I'd be far too self-conscious. I'm not against them, although I think it works better in Europe. I don't think Americans could avoid over-sexualizing it. And frankly our citizenry's bodies aren't so nice to look at, with the obesity crisis and all that.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I can barely go outside being clothed. :pfff:

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Élégie, Foresight and rationaltake
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I'd go to a nudie beach just for giggles! đź‘€

• Yay!
Reactions: lofticries
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Nah I'm way too insecure about my own body to be willing to set one naked foot on such a place.

Reactions: Élégie and Un-
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
No, because that'd make my dysphoria worse.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Yep. This is me.

Tenor

• Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: Jrmull1993, wait.what, Anxieyote and 6 others
NSA

NSA

Your friendly neighborhood agent
Feb 21, 2022
I accidently went to a nudist beach. Whatever I might have expected, it was utterly uneventful. Just people doing people stuff, but naked. Looked fun though. Very "free" lol.

Thought about stripping down and going for it, but I chickened out because fear of camera phones. Maybe some day.

Reactions: DynamicDepression and wljourney
Atlantian

Atlantian

May 25, 2022
Sure but only to hopefully pull girls with my penis size.

• Yay!
Reactions: deleted
NobodyKnowsMe

NobodyKnowsMe

Just biding my time
Dec 21, 2021
My husband and I spent a week at a nudist resort in Floriday a couple of decades ago. Even though I was in good shape physically, I was still very self-concious for the first few days, but then I adjusted. When there are people of all shapes/sizes wandering around naked, it is easier to get past one's insecurities.

During that same time frame, we also went to a nudist resort in Mexico -- visited that one 3 or 4 times.

We also went to a nude beach when we vacationed in Saint-Martin many years ago. The French side has at least one nude beach, maybe more now. That one was harder for me to get past being uncomfortable at because there were actually tours from the cruise ships that brought people up to the barrier so they could "peek over" at folks. That felt creepy, so we didn't stay there long.

Last edited:
Reactions: wljourney
M

Mocon33

Dec 15, 2021
You get used to it. You have to really, can't be walking around with a boner all the time.

wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
Interesting thread.
For people who constantly and loudly insist on their freedoms it is funny that the freedom not to wear clothes isn't considered part of that.

The feeling of swimming sans clothing is quite lovely. It's liberating and as a woman I have always felt extremely safe at the local "clothing optional" beach since most of the guests are gay and have no interest in me or my body. It's also up to everyone how much they want to take off. You know… freedom of choice.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Interesting thread.
For people who constantly and loudly insist on their freedoms it is funny that the freedom not to wear clothes isn't considered part of that.

The feeling of swimming sans clothing is quite lovely. It's liberating and as a woman I have always felt extremely safe at the local "clothing optional" beach since most of the guests are gay and have no interest in me or my body. It's also up to everyone how much they want to take off. You know… freedom of choice.
How do you know that most of the guests were gay?

Istanbulite

Istanbulite

Jan 14, 2022
Think they are called nudist beach, not nudism. Well, why not if I come by one.

There is a fantastic scene of this sort of beach in the film called Der Baader Meinhof Komplex (The Baader Meinhof Complex)

Recommend it

D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
I would love to visit a private nude beach (not sure if that's the correct terminology) or something similar. Nothing beats the feeling of being nude in nature, but I am far too insecure to have my body seen by other people.

wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
How do you know that most of the guests were gay?
It's a very well known beach that is mostly frequented by LGBTQ couples and friends.
I would love to visit a private nude beach (not sure if that's the correct terminology) or something similar. Nothing beats the feeling of being nude in nature, but I am far too insecure to have my body seen by other people.
There are places that offer this. Private resorts that celebrate naturism. The concept and philosophy behind it is definitely something that I find interesting and appealing. Clothing can be a form of classicism.

Last edited:
BruhXDDDDD

BruhXDDDDD

Student
Feb 18, 2022
I mean, I've been to at least one in Europe back when I was a kid. I don't remember anything being weird about it, so sure.

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
You get used to it. You have to really, can't be walking around with a boner all the time.
At least you'd have somewhere to hang your hat? :-)

• Yay!
Reactions: wait.what and Mocon33
Lebensunwertes

Lebensunwertes

Du bist auf dich allein gestellt
May 26, 2022
I used to go there as a child with my parents. You really don't care about the nudity, especially as a child when your sex drive isn't a thing and you simply see it as nuisance, a bit gross maybe. Nowadays I would never go mostly due to being uncomfortable with my body or the bodies of others. I find that clothing makes me way more comfortable than the lack of it. I only undress to shower.

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I have to say that the second and last time I went to one we got to see a couple fucking pretty nearby. My brother and I laughed hysterically until we were our of breath (teenagers).

Reactions: BruhXDDDDD
NobodyKnowsMe

NobodyKnowsMe

Just biding my time
Dec 21, 2021
Around the time that my husband and I went to a few nudist places, we got invited to a Swingers party. We didn't really think it was our thing, but decided to pop to the party just to see what it was like. I asked what to wear and was told to wear something sexy. So I showed up in a slinky little black dress......... and was totally over dressed. Almost all of the other ladies were wearing various nighties & negligees. In that environment, where everything was very much sexually oriented, I felt incredibly self-concious, despite how great my figure was back then. Needless to say, I didn't take off a stitch of clothing and we did not stay very long. Watching other people being sexual with one or more people, while lots of other people stood around and watched, made my husband and I both uncomfortable.

Reactions: LONE WOLF.
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
No, because that'd make my dysphoria worse.
Yeah, that's definitely a thing . . . although I actually went to a clothing-optional camping event with other trans people once, and that was one of the more healing things I've ever done. Well, most of it was.

For context: this is the middle of the goddamn woods, a half hour drive from the nearest paved road. There's not even cell service. Then a bunch of trans people take off their clothes, and BAM! Here's this cis weirdo nobody knows. And he's just kind of standing there, giving off a vibe like, "Hehheheh. I was the middle school band teacher who used to touch girls' hair when I stood next to their chairs in class. Heheheheheh. I don't understand consent and should be fired out of a cannon at the sun."

So if you're trans and your plane crashes in the Andes, and the plane's radio doesn't work and you're afraid you'll have to cannibalize the dead soccer team squashed under the baggage compartment, there is one sure way to save yourself. Immediately remove all of your clothing, and a creeper will appear as if by magic, to take pictures with his phone and ask how you and your significant other have sex. ("Well, when a mommy and a daddy love each other VERY MUCH . . .")

Then make him carry you down the mountain or something. Because if he's going to be gross, he should at least be useful.

WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Yeah, that's definitely a thing . . . although I actually went to a clothing-optional camping event with other trans people once, and that was one of the more healing things I've ever done. Well, most of it was.

For context: this is the middle of the goddamn woods, a half hour drive from the nearest paved road. There's not even cell service. Then a bunch of trans people take off their clothes, and BAM! Here's this cis weirdo nobody knows. And he's just kind of standing there, giving off a vibe like, "Hehheheh. I was the middle school band teacher who used to touch girls' hair when I stood next to their chairs in class. Heheheheheh. I don't understand consent and should be fired out of a cannon at the sun."

So if you're trans and your plane crashes in the Andes, and the plane's radio doesn't work and you're afraid you'll have to cannibalize the dead soccer team squashed under the baggage compartment, there is one sure way to save yourself. Immediately remove all of your clothing, and a creeper will appear as if by magic, to take pictures with his phone and ask how you and your significant other have sex. ("Well, when a mommy and a daddy love each other VERY MUCH . . .")

Then make him carry you down the mountain or something. Because if he's going to be gross, he should at least be useful.
Ok then lol