N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I have made different experiences. I have told it 4 friends (maybe more?). Two of them see absolutely no problem in it. I talk with them a lot about my suicidality. Another friend of mine does not want to know anything about the forum. He had depression and suciidality in the past and says it would make him more depressed. This absolutely does not count for myself especially when I visit this forum in an healthy amount of time and follow some rules.
Another person judged me a lot for it. She is not such a close friend of mine I was a little surprised she seems to be quite pro-life.

I also opened up to professionals about it. I think I have told it to 3 of them. Their reaction was quite heterogeneous. I told it to a therapist in clinic when I was acute suicidal. I told him how obsessed I am about suicide. He wanted that I stay away from the internet but I think he recognized that I am still very much obsessed about suicide even without the internet.

I told it to my current therapist (psychologist). I told it to him twice. I think he forgot the first time after a while. Lol. When I said it to him the first time he was hesistant on it. He did not know why I visit a suicide forum I was not that transparent about my suicidality. The second time some months ago he was more understanding. I emphasized I am currently not planning to commit suicide. But that this forum is like a valve or coping mechanism for me. That I am just chronically suicidal and feel so lonely without this forum. He is now okay with the fact that I visit a suicide forum. And in contrast to my dad he is more compassionate. But he does not know the exact name of the forum.

My psychiatrist was not that understanding. She is the best psychiatrist I ever had. But the other ones were just abysmal. I don't reallly have a close connection to her. I assume she has forgot it again already. I have the feeling she forgets a lot what I am telling to her.

However I am really glad that my current therapis/psychologist supports me. He trusts me that I am not currently planning to kill myself. I think transparency is good for the connection to him.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Circles, sweet_oblivion, fox_wannabe and 7 others
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
My closest friend has slowly become more accepting of the idea that I will likely CTB (for better or for worse). They would probably be saddened by my presence on SS but not freak out. I'm not sure others in my life would be nearly as understanding.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ringo, Circles and sweet_oblivion
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Absolutely. That's why I tell them I'm in an incel forum when asked about what I'm so active on when I'm using my phone because at least that makes sense for me and makes people uncomfortable enough to stop asking about it. If they knew I was actually on this suicide forum they'd probably try drastic measures that wouldn't even work anyway.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Circles, come to dust, sweet_oblivion and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not care how others would react, their opinion would not mean anything to me. I do not tell people that I want to ctb, they would not accept and understand my decision. I see it as best to keep everything to myself. We live in a world where suicide is so stigmatised and many people do not respect the right to die.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, deleted, Message In A Bottle and 8 others
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
Definitely. All they'd do is worry and try to "save" me by doing the same things that I already tried over and over again for years to try to save myself, which would come from a good place, but I don't want either of those things. I'm way too far gone, I refuse to live in constant agony for any longer than I have to, and it stresses me right out when people worry about me and it's exhausting to have to reassure people all the time. The only person who knows I'm on here is my husband, and we're on the same page with the whole thing, so it's not an issue at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and sweet_oblivion
Littlepaws

Littlepaws

Sep 4, 2021
A couple of my friends are aware that I'm part of a pro-choice forum. I haven't disclosed the name though.

They were not really surprised, and fortunately they are open-minded. They haven't treated me any differently, and we often discuss..."Dark" topics anyways.

• Hugs
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
*stares at my black military tailcoat, cape, high boots and arm warmers*
With my levels of emo, people probably just rightly assume i hang out on suicide forums lol.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Nemeshisu, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 6 others
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
It looks like people have quite different reactions.

Not taking in account the fact people around me wouldn't care if I hung myself in the central park in the middle of the afternoon at the moment, even before things were like this I don't think most people would judge me. My roommate knew and didn't care, I mentioned it to him offhandedly when he asked what I was laughing at (it was the Inspirobot thread) and found it hilarious that I am laughing at jokes on a suicide forum, and that was it. I discussed the whole pro-choice idea (without mentioning the forum) with a couple of other people and they weren't judgemental at all, although some had personal arguments against suicide, and others just said they have no opinion. I don't think everyone judges us, really.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Nemeshisu, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 5 others
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I've told a few of my mental health professionals. My ex psychiatrist and ex nurse didn't want me on it and said it wasn't good for me. My last and current therapists were ok with it. My current one though wanted me to focus on the recovery part. My current psych nurse knows, though he doesn't really have an opinion about it.

Other then that, I haven't told my friends or family. My friends would probably freak out and say "things will get better." My family would probably tell me the same thing or say "others have it worse."

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, sweet_oblivion, Sakura94 and 3 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I told a couple of family members and my gf too at a different time, and they didn't even bat an eyelid. They know I've been depressed almost all my life. In my case it's hereditary I believe. My uncles on my dad's side were all depressed, one massively so. My father himself is okay, but I think these things tend to skip around in terms of being passed down.

• Hugs
NSA

NSA

Your friendly neighborhood agent
Feb 21, 2022
One probably would. Think I'm being a selfish freak, even more than usual. An other would say "they'll pray for me" or something like that. Others may or nay not think it's serious enough to call the cops on, so I stay silent about it to everyone irl. I dont think id ever trust a therapist with this place.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, sweet_oblivion and deleted
NorseHel

NorseHel

Tinnitus Enjoyer
Mar 28, 2022
Hard to say. I think at least one person in particular would be worried, but ultimately understanding. I haven't explicitly told her I've thought about ctb, but she's aware of what I'm dealing with and the effect it tends to have on mental health, so it would make sense for her to draw her own conclusions there. That being said, I could be wrong, and it's highly unlikely I'll ever explicitly tell anyone outside this place about my thoughts, let alone this forum.

• Hugs
Deadly_Intention

Deadly_Intention

Apr 10, 2021
If I had say 10 people who truly care, I'd estimate 9 out of the 10 would judge me yes..!! Where I am from, suicide is very frowned upon with zero empathy or understanding given to those who choose it

• Hugs
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Really don't care if they do

• Hugs
Gray Wounds

Gray Wounds

A Phantasmagoria
Jun 27, 2018
They will. But since they can't argue with me, they'll keep it in between themselves.

• Hugs
T

theloserestloser

Nov 26, 2021
Everyone around me is either a professor (who'd probably report me and get me hospitalized if they found out) or family (would completely freak out and probably send me to church or something).

• Hugs
I

indigomoon

Student
Mar 6, 2022
Yep. I told my therapist that I was on a suicide forum (didn't tell her the name of it). She promptly told me not to go back to it. I quickly lied and said "Sure no problem". I should have seen it coming but I was trying to be completely honest with her. She said she would tell my husband if I continued to be on here. Well, ……so much for being honest.

• Hugs
Deadly_Intention

Deadly_Intention

Apr 10, 2021
Yep. I told my therapist that I was on a suicide forum (didn't tell her the name of it). She promptly told me not to go back to it. I quickly lied and said "Sure no problem". I should have seen it coming but I was trying to be completely honest with her. She said she would tell my husband if I continued to be on here. Well, ……so much for being honest.
That therapist was wrong to say she would tell your husband, I mean being on a suicide forum is the only relief and support some of us get and some have been on here for years so it's not exactly the place where you are encouraged to suicide, it's a place where like-minded people who are suffering can understand and talk openly with each other. The pure ignorance of her remark makes me boil 😒 telling you to not come back here is like telling an alcoholic to not have a drink... yes we get their intentions, but this is how we cope... sorry that you actually felt like being honest with your therapist (cos that's what we should feel safe doing) and her remarks were so negative.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ringo, Circles and indigomoon
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Isnt that a violation of doctor-patient confidentiality?

Reactions: Circles
C

come to dust

Arcanist
Oct 28, 2019
Yes. Yesterday someone told me about how they knew a suicidal person and found them really weird

• Hugs
I

indigomoon

Student
Mar 6, 2022
Isnt that a violation of doctor-patient confidentiality?
I'm not sure if it's a violation or not. She says that if she feels that I am at risk of harming myself or someone else that she is obligated to inform my significant other. Who knows though. So I'll just keep my mouth shut from now on.

• Hugs
needforvoid_

needforvoid_

Apr 18, 2022
I don't think they'd judge me, but they'd try to help me. Or get mad for not turning to them.
I would never ever tell a therapist I'm here, it puts the whole forum in danger if you ask me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and WorthlessTrash
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
I'm surrounded by idiots, they would call me crazy and put me in a clinic by force, they don't help you but to judge you that they know how to do, the only person who supports me in all this shit is my best friend

• Hugs
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
What people?
Yes sadly this also. Plus even if there were people in my life besides family it probably wouldn't make them change their minds of me. The only thing I think they would find odd is how long I've been on a suicide forum.

kappa

kappa

Experienced
Apr 2, 2019
Yes sadly this also. Plus even if there were people in my life besides family it probably wouldn't make them change their minds of me. The only thing I think they would find odd is how long I've been on a suicide forum.

I don't even have family. Only my coworkers know I exist.

I've def been alone but had family, really odd not having either.

X

xxxbmw

Student
Apr 19, 2022
Of course and it sucks. Try to explain that for people who haven't gone through more than they could take