Like I could prevent future pain by ending it now

No Lee traumatic memories, no more trying to go to therapy to cope, it all ends

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and edu0z
SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
That is unironically what my situation roughly is. I've been thinking that ending everything might, indeed, end everything. Including my problems I would have to face and all the pain. If I mix the lack of reasons/motivation to live and the failures in my life I only find further reasons to strengthen my idea. Although I discovered that dying isn't as easy as I naively expected it to be.

In my sincere opinion, one should be free to handle their situation and life however they want and be able to draw the line with what's bearable against what's unbearable. I do understand the feeling(s) behind this, I am no stranger to them. What I value though is the thought process behind each choice, as rushed choices may carry regrets.

cryone

cryone

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
imo suicide is never unethical unless you're raising kids.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, MatrixPrisoner and get.some.sleep
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That's why ceasing to exist on my own terms would be desirable to me, as it's the way to prevent all future unnecessary suffering in an existence that just leads to decay and death anyway. One cannot suffer from not existing yet there is no limit as to how much they can be tormented as long as they are trapped here. But anyway to answer the question we all have our right to die, when to cease existing is a personal decision that only the individual can make.

daocreator

daocreator

Unstable uni student
Nov 29, 2023
I think about my mom a lot

The legacy of trauma, flashbacks, and abuse

There any have been some "good" but now the abuse drowns it out

Or I dunno it goes back and forth

I just know a journey of hellish "healing" awaits me as I go through life

Like I could prevent future pain by ending it now

No Lee traumatic memories, no more trying to go to therapy to cope, it all ends

does it really matter whether it's ethical morally right or whatever? I mean when you leave you won't be around to see the damage done nor see how your loved ones do. Good and evil are just mortal concepts, grow out of it if you wanna CTB. Ofc there are borderline evil stuff happening irl, but I'm just saying thay if you wanna CTB, you either gotta make your mind right and fix exactly why you want to do it, is your whole life worth putting as a bet into whether theres an afterlife or not, and whether you truly consider everything to be pure pain and should just CTB.

I'm not judging anyone, but just think carefully if you wanna CTB first and if it's worth it that much. If it is, then go for it without considering what your relatives, loved ones, etc. would feel (go full selfish mode; you're not gonna be around to witness the damage right?).
If you don't then just work on bettering yourself and forgetting all this CTB BS. I mean if there's hope for you to actually stay alive, you should first consider the pros and cons. Albeit a bit optimistic but it's better than the usual "life is pure suffering". I just don't think a mortal is worth that little.

That's just my opinion btw. If you don't agree then that's fine too; I'm not saying it's the way it should be

Last edited: