Avyn

Avyn

Experienced
Jan 27, 2021
Hi guys, i plan on running away from home because of my bad situation.

I have considered trying to start a life in Egypt, but I heard a lot of negative things about that country, such as it is very dangerous, the government isnt the best
and that women abuse is very common. I live in a first world country and Im not sure if such a downgrade would be good in the long run.

My partner, where ill run away to is quite rich in Egypt so i guess thats also worth mentioning.
In case anything goes wrong i dont mind cbt, SN would be my preferred method, but I also heard its impossible to get it there.

Thank you guys <3

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
You will be completely at that person's mercy, since they will have everything and you will have nothing. As soon as they don't love you anymore, you're completely screwed. You will also have to learn and follow muslim social etiquette even if you're not a muslim.

It can be worth the adventure though.

Reactions: sunburst, LastFlowers, aneurysm and 4 others
Avyn

Avyn

Experienced
Jan 27, 2021
You will be completely at that person's mercy, since they will have everything and you will have nothing. As soon as they don't love you anymore, you're completely screwed. You will also have to learn and follow muslim social etiquette even if you're not a muslim.

It can be worth the adventure though.
Yeah I thought so aswell, he said he wouldnt mind giving me more than half of his money though if it will make me feel safe, so in case something happens i could get away, but I'm still not sure if going to such a "poor" muslim country would be a good idea. Especially since I have no clue how to speak arabic. I dont like depending on people and I dont want to be a potential victim of abuse, especially because nobody would care since its normalized there.

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
As long as you have money, it doesn't matter if the country is rich or poor. Good comfort and amenities are available everywhere to someone who can pay.

You will have to learn to speak and read Arabic and learn the local culture. You will not get by on English anywhere outside of the Anglosphere. Get in touch with the local diaspora from your country so that you have someone to talk to and ask for help in emergencies, and someone who can introduce you to people and help you integrate in society.

Moving to another country is exciting and can be a wonderful experience but it requires hard work. It's not like moving to a neighbouring town.

Reactions: Avyn
Avyn

Avyn

Experienced
Jan 27, 2021
As long as you have money, it doesn't matter if the country is rich or poor. Good comfort and amenities are available everywhere to someone who can pay.

You will have to learn to speak and read Arabic and learn the local culture. You will not get by on English anywhere outside of the Anglosphere. Get in touch with the local diaspora from your country so that you have someone to talk to and ask for help in emergencies, and someone who can introduce you to people and help you integrate in society.

Moving to another country is exciting and can be a wonderful experience but it requires hard work. It's not like moving to a neighbouring town.
Thank you a lot, I was thinking about the same things you have said and I agree with you, but my mind always overthinks everything. What if, what if, what if... I just want to be free and have some good time, other than being trapped in these 4 walls.

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Good luck if you choose to do it. Just make sure you're prepared and diligently work your way into the community. If not with the arabs then at least with your country's diaspora. The hardest time is always the beginning and the practical things. It sucks being stuck in a foreign country where you don't know the language, don't know any places or people, your phone is dead and your debit card doesn't work.

Reactions: Avyn
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
It could be quite the adventure, more adventurous than I would do. Do you anticipate working at all or just living off the half the person gives you?

Avyn

Avyn

Experienced
Jan 27, 2021
It could be quite the adventure, more adventurous than I would do. Do you anticipate working at all or just living off the half the person gives you?
i do plan on working but it might take a while for me to find something there since i dont know the language. He will be living with me and paying most of the stuff, and he offered to buy a house with my name on the papers. Im not sure how all of this will work out in the end but i do want to continue studying and work part time at least