darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
Do you think people who like bleak poetry purposely put their writer partner/love interest through pain in order to get it?

I have this situation with this man I love. He's already admitted he wants to cause me emotional pain because it's like a form of self harming because he hurts when I hurt. Messed up I know.

Anyway, he likes stuff I write and sometimes I wonder if he's emotionally cruel to produce a dark effect in my writing.

He loves Sylvia Plath so then I started thinking maybe that's what Hughes did to her, maybe he liked her writing more than her and just wanted to cause her more pain to extract the black writing.

Wolf Girl

Wolf Girl

Not looking for advice or a pep talk
Jun 12, 2024
You're being abused, just so you know. Hurting you is not "self harm". Hurting you is abuse and he is most likely a sadist who gains pleasure from your pain. And it will likely get worse.

Reactions: ladylazarus4, darkenmydoorstep and nir
dazednconfused

dazednconfused

could i be an angel?
Oct 8, 2024
this is not really okay.. and i think from you asking you know it in a way.. are you really okay with things being this way? do you not want to be loved in the way where they protect you from the bad things, when the world is already so bad, do you really need more of it..? would you do that to someone you love? :( think about this all and maybe write it down, since thats what you do. be brutally honest about what you desire and how it makes you feel. you are worth being loved and not having to hurt. im so sorry.

Reactions: ladylazarus4 and darkenmydoorstep
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
You're being abused, just so you know. Hurting you is not "self harm". Hurting you is abuse and he is most likely a sadist who gains pleasure from your pain. And it will likely get wor
You're being abused, just so you know. Hurting you is not "self harm". Hurting you is abuse and he is most likely a sadist who gains pleasure from your pain. And it will likely get worse.
Yes I know. He isn't in a good place. I get abused my my son anyway as i have posted before. Til he is grown up and can move out (6 years, he's 12), feels like this is just my life
this is not really okay.. and i think from you asking you know it in a way.. are you really okay with things being this way? do you not want to be loved in the way where they protect you from the bad things, when the world is already so bad, do you really need more of it..? would you do that to someone you love? :( think about this all and maybe write it down, since thats what you do. be brutally honest about what you desire and how it makes you feel. you are worth being loved and not having to hurt. im so sorry.
It's not what I want. He's in a bad place. I wish I could be with him and we could make each other feel better, but he won't do this. So we just have this online communication which has gone on for four years now. Drains me but I know he's going through a bad time too.

Last edited: