A

Anonymous_A

Arcanist
Oct 4, 2020
So you decide to end it. You leave a note, with the final words something along the lines of…

'Please don't write anything of me, don't claim no fond memories etc' don't claim how we were close

This is because I literally only speak to my father, once he is gone..this is when I will finally decide to end my life.
I have a large family but I don't speak any of them which is honestly no fault of mine. I don't have any close friends, I used to but literally haven't spoken to anyone (aside from my father) in the past 6ish years. I have a job, go about my daily life but don't have personal relationships with anyone anymore. Granted any relationships are effort on all sides but I tried to make effort but they all eventually subsided.

It's somewhat sad as most people who knew me back when I was at school/uni..they would probably assume I was/still social/popular

I would honestly hate to go, and for people to make claims they wish I had reached out, they never saw it coming…all the usual jazz people make when somebody ends their life.

Heck, I don't even want a funeral. I'd be turning in my grave if people turned up to my funeral, sobbing making sentiments

Reactions: esalucolom-wojaqter, landslide2 and iset res
mapleboy

mapleboy

sleepy...
May 22, 2023
No, humans are selfish even when their loved ones pass on. They'll spit up fake words and sentiments to make themselves feel like a better person and to appear like someone who actually cared on the outside. Once you're dead, it's their word against yours even if you list things such as, "Please don't claim that we were close" etc. in your last wishes. People have no respect for the dead or what the dead really would have wanted.

Reactions: BlackDoor, divinemistress36 and iset res
SteamaHorns

SteamaHorns

Aug 2, 2024
I think most of them would, though it would most definitely be done reluctantly. For the ones that wouldn't, would probaby be because of their religious beliefs, which would drive them to prioritize said beliefs over respecting me. Or actually, they'd probably somehow rationalize it as respecting me in their own way.

Reactions: esalucolom-wojaqter and landslide2
D

dolemitedrums

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2024
Depends on the wishes, depends on the person. I have people who will and people who will probably do the opposite just for the hell of it.

Reactions: landslide2
VeryShy

VeryShy

Seriously disabled due to autism and schizophrenia
Jun 21, 2024
The only people that I've got in my life are my parents. I know they love me very much, and would hopefully respect all of my last wishes.
Yet again, they could do something with their own lives that I really don't want to happen.

Reactions: landslide2
B

brokeandbroken

Elementalist
Apr 18, 2023
So you decide to end it. You leave a note, with the final words something along the lines of…

'Please don't write anything of me, don't claim no fond memories etc' don't claim how we were close

This is because I literally only speak to my father, once he is gone..this is when I will finally decide to end my life.
I have a large family but I don't speak any of them which is honestly no fault of mine. I don't have any close friends, I used to but literally haven't spoken to anyone (aside from my father) in the past 6ish years. I have a job, go about my daily life but don't have personal relationships with anyone anymore. Granted any relationships are effort on all sides but I tried to make effort but they all eventually subsided.

It's somewhat sad as most people who knew me back when I was at school/uni..they would probably assume I was/still social/popular

I would honestly hate to go, and for people to make claims they wish I had reached out, they never saw it coming…all the usual jazz people make when somebody ends their life.

Heck, I don't even want a funeral. I'd be turning in my grave if people turned up to my funeral, sobbing making sentiments
They didn't respect me when I was alive they sure as hell wouldn't when I'm dead.

• Hugs
Reactions: landslide2 and mapleboy
BlackDoor

BlackDoor

Jul 21, 2024
After my ex died, his mother insisted on a small service, (although it was kept non religious as he wasn't religious and she was very Catholic). He had requested nothing be done. Just a simple cremation, and nothing else.

I think... He wasn't around anymore to care about it, so let the living do whatever rituals they needed to get by, especially his mother who harboured a lot of guilt. However, I also witnessed all of the hypocritical friends crawl out of the woodwork and hated seeing that. Again, I wondered if there was a point being offended, and thought if he was still around we could have had a small laugh about it. To me it was and still is repugnant to see certain individuals pretend they were something they were not to him... But I just keep these thoughts in my heart. I hope he is at peace and unbothered by such mundane concerns of the living.

Reactions: divinemistress36
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Student
Aug 6, 2024
In my case, I don't think so. Because I have "weird" wishes. For example, I want to be buried in a mushroom coffin. But I plan to ctb in a developing country, so no access to mushroom coffins there.

untothedepths

untothedepths

Your right. Your life.
Mar 20, 2023
oh hell no. i have no accommodations. in fact, i think people would get in a circle and piss on my grave, so if i wanted to send a heartfelt letter its not happening. it wouldnt get to them, it would be intercepted and destroyed. sooooo fuck it.

DeathSleep

DeathSleep

Unstable Potato
May 25, 2023
I don't think people will respect my last wishes. They'll do whatever they feel is "best" regardless of what I want. As a result there's only a couple things I'm asking like who gets a couple things that I have. Hopefully they'll at least follow through with that.
I don't want a funeral either.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Unlikely. My boundaries and wishes are not even respected while I am alive.

BrokeN__lil’__girl

BrokeN__lil’__girl

I’m just a little girl who wants to be loved…..
May 10, 2023
Probably not. I'd like to be cremated but it's not a very common thing in my family…. But beggars can't be choosers so I'm not complaining if my wishes wouldn't get respected.