WearyWanderer

WearyWanderer

Student
Nov 3, 2019
My family thinks they will be arrested for murder if they let me go peacefully at home (for example, the inert gas method). I would obtain all supplies on my own and administer the method on my own.

Doesn't Philip Nitzchke say that this is then legal? I also read of reports that even people who helped those with intractable pain died were not actually prosecuted by the judge and did not serve jail time.

If a scientist opens my body after, it will prove that I was too deformed to live but I'm not sure if there's a scientist / surgeon who will do that if it did go to court. I had wanted my body donated to science to research birth defects anyway.

Can anyone confirm or deny that charges would be made in this situation?

• Hugs
Reactions: BandAddict
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
This is one of my concerns in spite of the fact that I live alone.
When I failed to ctb last year, the police started asking my father lots of questions. Despite all the notes and evidence I left, they were suspicious of him! It was terrible!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: shush, LifeQuitter2018, BandAddict and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I don't know enough about the legality of suicide even in my own country but it often seems like people ordinarily aren't actually prosecuted for someone's suicide unless they either directly bullied that person into it or knowingly and physically assisted in the process. Just being there while it happened or even telling someone how to do something doesn't count.

To me it seems like the whole "suicide is illegal" thing is just another way to scare people away from it and force people to continue suffering no matter the consequences.

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, it's_all_a_game, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
No way. At VERY worst they'll be questioned and super unlikely they could be released on bond pending criminal charges . The police will do a comprehensive investigation of the CTB scene and the moment they find your posts here that will end it.

If theres good evidence you had suicidal ideation before CTB through witness testimony , social media post etc they'll probably not even bother to question parents.

risk of investigation goes up if you are a minor and especially a minor child

Reactions: hurting75 and it's_all_a_game