VisionsOfHell

VisionsOfHell

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
Human suffering is so inflated because many who would not have made it through natural selection are alive today and reproduce. Most problems we face today, such as overpopulation can be traced back to this breaking of the natural order.

I think eugenics is highly immoral, because humans have no right to decide who gets to live or die.
But ultimately, nature has shaped us so would it be immoral to suggest we let nature decide again at least until we figure out a full cure for this disease? I just hate that we are stuck in this inbetween state, which creates needless suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: 262653
D

dieornottodie

Student
Aug 15, 2020
natural selection doesnt have to follow the human timeline, natural selection always wins, it is just a matter of time, human beings live a century maximum but the timeline to which natural selection works is by millions of years, so dont worry the weak will be exterminated our species wouldnt be here to take a record of it

Reactions: VisionsOfHell
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Personally I think it would have been best to never have started this whole overpopulation and overconsumption scheme...but since we're already in it we couldn't really "let nature take its course" since nowadays we have automatic weapons (and other skills) which completely ruin the whole "survival of the fittest".
So unfortunately there is no way out anymore.
Unless the majority of the world population dies due to some catastrophic event.
In which case I'd be among the first ones to get killed because my disability left me practically defenseless, haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: Midnight-rain and VisionsOfHell
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Nature is taking, and will take it's course.
The very things that we think give us agency over what some tend to see as 'nature' ie. our ability to control our environment, use language and utilise technologies, are all part of the same process.
We stand upon a foundation of several hundred millions years of this process.
However... cultural evolution develops way faster than biological evolution and it's that which causes our mad rush towards extinction in the Anthropocene.
We can't break the natural order, not really. It unfolds from implicate order within profound physical laws.
But we can, and have, created this imbalance between cultural and biological evolution, which by some is perceived as 'breaking the natural order.'
If cultural evolution were to be back-pedalled to a degree, to better match the constraints of biological evolution, then more balance could be attainable. However, this is probably unrealistic in any species intelligent enough to develop tools and language. We advance because we can, not because we should, and that gives us a limited shelf life against the broader backdrop.
I believe we may now be in the accelerated phase of that process.
And that's why this site is able to exist.
Because everything has it's time and everything dies.

Reactions: stygal
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I don't think humans will evolve any farther than we are now. Op is right, the ignorant and weak are the ones who breed the most.

It will take a while, but I believe the next dominant "species" on this plant won't be biological. One strong ai is developed, it will surely be the end of the human race.

Reactions: trashyhorror, Sensei and Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I don't think humans will evolve any farther than we are now. Op is right, the ignorant and weak are the ones who breed the most.

It will take a while, but I believe the next dominant "species" on this plant won't be biological. One strong ai is developed, it will surely be the end of the human race.
Could be. The Culture is coming! But, I think things aren't quite that advanced yet and there may be a considerable time gap between our self-destructive adolescence and the singularity. And more rise and fall, rise and fall...
Maybe, maybe not, that's for the future generations to find out. If they survive long enough.