Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I might not having a working car soon, so I thought I could fly to my location. Rope would be a backup in case I can't jump off the bridge.

Reactions: Silvermorning
the-exit-plan

the-exit-plan

porter robinson - fellow feeling
Nov 20, 2020
will they not have stores to purchase rope where you'll be?

i learned in my travels that if you can buy something where you're going, do that instead.

Reactions: Silvermorning and Ghost2211
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
will they not have stores to purchase rope where you'll be?

i learned in my travels that if you can buy something where you're going, do that instead.
It's a good rope. Had to go to a few stores to get it.

Reactions: Silvermorning and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
It might be OK if you come up with a super good excuse to have it. It might go through checked baggage a lot easier than carry-on, and if you put it in checked baggage you could put other stuff with it that would be used with it for whatever activity you need.

the-exit-plan

the-exit-plan

porter robinson - fellow feeling
Nov 20, 2020
tbh i didn't answer your question though—

is it a red flag? i doubt it. screeners see all kinds of nonsense in bags. i imagine rope wouldn't raise any eyebrows. maybe bring a carabiner too just in case.

Reactions: Silvermorning
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
It might be OK if you come up with a super good excuse to have it. It might go through checked baggage a lot easier than carry-on, and if you put it in checked baggage you could put other stuff with it that would be used with it for whatever activity you need.
They may think I plan to hang myself in the little bathroom lol
tbh i didn't answer your question though—

is it a red flag? i doubt it. screeners see all kinds of nonsense in bags. i imagine rope wouldn't raise any eyebrows. maybe bring a carabiner too just in case.
To look like a climber?

Reactions: Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
tie it on your pants and say you're too poor for a belt? Yeah but all jokes aside I am pretty sure if you bring it on a carry-on bag or on your person is going to be assumed to be a potential weapon.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
A climbing accessory or two wouldn't hurt, or at least some woodsy-looking stuff. You might need to check it but worse things happen.

Reactions: Nymph and Ghost2211
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Maybe put some other supplies with the rope that could work with an excuse, like a carabin or something you would use for mountain climbing and they you can say you do that. Or some other thing ya know
Put it in a box with a big dildo, a chastity cage and plenty of lube. They won't ask anything. Seriously though, they don't care. And as far as I know there is no regulation against bringing a rope in an airplane.

https://mountainknowhow.com/can-you-bring-climbing-rope-as-carry-on-luggage-in-an-airplane/
Lmao, yeah this is a good idea:'D no questions asked

• Hugs
Reactions: Matthias_k