A

aaakiee

Jul 23, 2024
I know this is kind of a dumb question, given it's very unlikely Amazon would notify someone that "hey this person bought one rope surely they're suicidal" and also my first post but I'm just really anxious.. I don't want to order a rope and have police come over to check up on me (especially given I live with parents)

Edit: Since I don't wanna make another message - Thank you all for responding so nicely

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Moniker, Plentiful_Despair, Zhendou and 3 others
U

Unspoken7612

Jul 14, 2024
Almost nothing will bring a welfare check. Both the police and Amazon have better things to do than check whether people who buy rope are suicidal.

Reactions: Hollowman, locked*n*loaded, Jon Arbuckle and 3 others
antihydra

antihydra

nomad
Aug 31, 2024
I understand your paranoia. Believe me, I get it too. But it is highly unlikely that Amazon would call for a welfare check, especially given the assumption is that you're going to use it for a purpose like tying things and such. It will be okay.

Reactions: Moniker, Zhendou and badtothebone
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think it very unlikely they would. The majority of people buying rope aren't buying it to kill themselves with.

Reactions: Zhendou, nihilistic_dragon and badtothebone
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
As others have said it most likely doesn't matter.

If you're really worried I suggest thinking of a reason for you to be buying a rope (hammock, interest in rock climbing, art? idk) and then buying something along with the rope that goes along with that reason (paint, tarp, pulley, idk). But again it most likely doesn't matter

Reactions: Zhendou, nihilistic_dragon and badtothebone
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i bought a rope and a ladder and pull up bar from amazon all at the same time for the exact same reason as you i never had any problems with buying stuff of amazon

Reactions: badtothebone and sugarb
TraurigerClown

TraurigerClown

Dec 13, 2022
I doubt that Amazon will inform LEA to make a welfare check on you.
But please buy the right rope for your need, otherwise you'll just suffer longer or fail.

Have good luck ❤️

Reactions: Zhendou and badtothebone
avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
You already got the answer.
I'm just here to further increase the weight of the answer.
c:

Reactions: Zhendou, badtothebone and GoatHerder
Soupster

Soupster

Chasing dreams, catching nightmares
Aug 14, 2024
There is absolutely nothing suspicious about buying rope. Amazon and the postal service has no clue as to your intentions. Now, your parents reaction when they find out you've purchased trope may be different if they are aware of your mental state, so I'd suggest coming up with a plausible use/reason for having bought it incase they question you.

N

notsadtogo

Aug 23, 2024
I just got a rope from amazon yesterday, they don't care...my partner on the otherhand told her it was for work

T

timetodie24

Warlock
Apr 14, 2023
i echo what others have said.
But just to reassure you too, I have bought rope off amazon before and never had any issues.

A

axab43

Mar 10, 2024
I doubt that Amazon will inform LEA to make a welfare check on you.
But please buy the right rope for your need, otherwise you'll just suffer longer or fail.

Have good luck ❤️
Sorry, what kind of rope would you mean, given we all know what the intention is for it? Horrible to think the wrong kind can make things worse

TraurigerClown

TraurigerClown

Dec 13, 2022
Sorry, what kind of rope would you mean, given we all know what the intention is for it? Horrible to think the wrong kind can make things worse
You don't want a elastic or slightly elastic rope like they use for climbing. And I would not suggest some polyester or plastic rope…and durstig all check if that rope is durable for your weight or it'll brake with time and then you'll survive like I did…!

I would suggest to all of you to go and buy the ropes firefighters use, you can find them used and often free from your local fire dept if you ask and they're usable for up to 150kg and they're non elastic…maybe I'm writing confusing stuff, but please forgive me that. Cuz English is not my native language and I'm open for any questions

Reactions: Tonkpils, Zhendou and badtothebone
blueberryDesert

blueberryDesert

Jul 23, 2024
No, Amazon doesn't care what people buy, as long as they buy. They most likely have hundreds of millions of sales every day.

Reactions: Zhendou
S

suffering_mo_7

Experienced
May 8, 2024
You don't want a elastic or slightly elastic rope like they use for climbing. And I would not suggest some polyester or plastic rope…and durstig all check if that rope is durable for your weight or it'll brake with time and then you'll survive like I did…!

I would suggest to all of you to go and buy the ropes firefighters use, you can find them used and often free from your local fire dept if you ask and they're usable for up to 150kg and they're non elastic…maybe I'm writing confusing stuff, but please forgive me that. Cuz English is not my native language and I'm open for any questions
You survived hanging? Could you share your experience? Sorry for your suffering.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Lots of places sell rope. They do not care why you want it.
Some ropes are not great for holding knots. I like 1/2 inch double braided dock line. Strong, smooth and holds knots well. It costs more but heck, you are worth it!

• Informative
Reactions: iloveloving and Jarni
TraurigerClown

TraurigerClown

Dec 13, 2022
You survived hanging? Could you share your experience? Sorry for your suffering.
Yes I did. Good thing is, I jumped from that stool and immediately I went black and felt safe. But I took the wrong rope and it split in half under my weight and cut me very deep into my neck…that's why you have to consider the thickness and what the rope can bare in weight
What's wrong with a polyester rope?
Those plastic ropes can't not be knotted elas good as others, as far as my experience goes

Reactions: Worndown
S

suffering_mo_7

Experienced
May 8, 2024
Yes I did. Good thing is, I jumped from that stool and immediately I went black and felt safe. But I took the wrong rope and it split in half under my weight and cut me very deep into my neck…that's why you have to consider the thickness and what the rope can bare in weight

Those plastic ropes can't not be knotted elas good as others, as far as my experience goes
Do you know how long? You got caught too? That's why psych ward? Or cyrs on your neck you couldn't explain? Any lasting damage? Physical or mental?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
If you're really worried I suggest thinking of a reason for you to be buying a rope (hammock, interest in rock climbing, art? idk)
....or maybe interest in tying up your next "victim" before brutally murdering them? 😁

and then buying something along with the rope that goes along with that reason (paint, tarp, pulley, idk).
Maybe like a knife, or a gun, or maybe even a cattle prod.......

Sorry, couldn't resist. Just a little "dark" humor.

• Yay!
Reactions: sugarb
L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
In the US, all kinds of stores sell rope. An no one bats an eye at those who purchase it. Why the need for Amazon?

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Buy a rope, tarp and a utility knife all at once. They will think you have a big weekend project, not that you are suicidal or a serial killer.

• Informative
Reactions: sugarb
ctbstation

ctbstation

Aug 18, 2024
I've bought the most random shit on Amazon before. The average Amazon order packer probably won't even remember your order five seconds later as twenty more come in for them to do in the next 30 seconds.

ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
I know this is kind of a dumb question, given it's very unlikely Amazon would notify someone that "hey this person bought one rope surely they're suicidal" and also my first post but I'm just really anxious.. I don't want to order a rope and have police come over to check up on me (especially given I live with parents)

Edit: Since I don't wanna make another message - Thank you all for responding so nicely
the only way id see a welfair check coming from ordering a rope would be if you ordered a rope, and a book titled "how to tie a knot to hang yourself"
there are literally thousands of uses for ropes.

Plentiful_Despair

Plentiful_Despair

Student
Aug 23, 2024
Almost nothing brings any kind of welfare check from just doing it online. You would have to write a review announcing it, and even then at least 90 % chance nothing happens.