tmcglone25

tmcglone25

May 10, 2020
I have access to Benadryl and vodka. I am wondering if this would kill me, how much of both I would need, and whether or not anyone have tried and failed at this method.

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
I have access to Benadryl and vodka. I am wondering if this would kill me, how much of both I would need, and whether or not anyone have tried and failed at this method.
I dont know, but im just here just to say that i wish i could just relax, fall asleep and die

• Love
Reactions: Chucchy, dysfunctional and TowerUpright
TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
Alcohol and diphenhydramine have additive sedation effect, not synergistic effects (like opioids, bezos and/or alcohol).

Dangerous?? Perhaps in large doses. But, then again, alcohol in large doses will kill you all by itself.

Reactions: terry_a_davis and AnxietyAttack44
S

Saddaisy

Student
May 16, 2020
If it didn't that would be one hell of a hang over...

Reactions: TakeYourHappyPills, terry_a_davis, TowerUpright and 1 other person
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
No! You will 98% not die.

Reactions: WinterFaust, AcornUnderground, autumnal and 5 others
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Maybe if you take them and go swimming alone. Unfortunately

Reactions: dysfunctional and TowerUpright
FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
I actually know of one instance where this worked, but the young man abused both benedryl and alcohol for a long period of time.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Benadryl is discussed regularly on the forum, including attempts, why it's actually a horrible method to experience, difficult recovery, and why it's very unreliable. Just put Benadryl in the site search. Or the terms Benadryl and alcohol.

Reactions: MephistoJustBeneath, Soul, WinterFaust and 2 others
L

lymestolemylife

Student
Nov 27, 2019
I attempted when I was 17, I stole two liquor bottles from the grocery store in my backpack lol, I was pretty ballsy. I chugged them both ..was passing out almost while drinking passed out 30 seconds after finishing, said a quick prayer to God to save me I had regret that I was never going to get married or have my own kids I knew I was going to die..my Mom got a strange feeling and checked on me. If she hadn't I would have died. Bal .54. Was in a coma for 3 days. They got me to the hospital pretty quickly we were right down the street.

0.40% +Onset of coma, possible death due to respiratory arrest.

• Hugs
Reactions: TakeYourHappyPills and Depressed_7
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
No boss , sorry to break the news to u but u will not die with this combo. First u might faint or lose consciousness due to the booze ... Puke everything out in that state and maybe get up in hospital .

S

swoonycat

Jun 7, 2020
I took about 1.25g of benadryl once as a 115lb female for a suicide attempt. Passed out for two days straight, woke up with some major rhabdomyolysis in my hip rendering me almost unable to walk. Once I made it up the stairs I started hallucinating my family being in my house. Wondering where my parents were, I called them asking when they were coming to this "get together". Knowing something was up they came over, saw how I was limping/hallucinating everything so they took me straight to the hospital. I only realized what had happened once we got there. I stayed there for a week while they monitored my kidney function from the rhabdomyolysis (it was still completely fine and definitely wouldn't have killed me). My heart was also fine.

The high from Benadryl is extremely long lasting, uncomfortable, and mind-altering. I was sure I would be successful as I had a weekend where no one would be in the house, but I was so high that having several members of my family in my house didn't seem odd, and calling my parents to ask when they'd be coming over seemed like a good idea, so though I wouldn't even have died, I ended up inadvertently making things worse for myself. If you were to succeed (still unsure of how likely that would be), you would likely need significantly more benadryl than I took (and thus, likely an anti-emetic).

• Wow
Reactions: Soul
JohnnieWalkerDead

JohnnieWalkerDead

May 24, 2020
I tried this exact method when I was 19. I took an economy sized bottle of benadryl and a bottle of vodka. Needless to say I didn't die. But I became delirious and ended up in my bathtub with my legs hanging over the side. This caused permanent nerve and muscle damage in my legs. I had to use a walker for almost a year.

It might kill you, but it probably won't. And benadryl will make you lose control lf your decision making. Take from this what you will.

• Wow
Reactions: Soul and lovehate22
S

Schweppes

Espresso Depresso
Apr 20, 2020
Overdosing on Benadryl is a nightmare, literally. I've used it recreationally and I didn't enjoy it at all, I only kept doing it as it was my only means as escape.

L

lovehate22

Jun 10, 2020
honestly its going to make you feel worse than before you actually did the stuff , I don't recommend it

for instance right now you just want to die , but after you drink all of that , you are going to have a bad hangover and still want to die

Reactions: lymestolemylife and swoonycat
FreddieQuell

FreddieQuell

:):
Apr 14, 2020
I will reply with the same answer as I do all overdose threads / questions: I understand your need to have an exit, a way to CTB but overdosing is not the way. Difficult to predict what will happen but success rate is low.

Stats differ from different sources but lethality of overdoses is extremely low. According to this research from Harvard it's only 1.5%, other sources have it at 3 or 4%.

I hope you find some peace of mind in knowing this forum is packed with knowledge and experience to ensure a more peaceful way out, or a road to recovery. Wishing you all the best

Reactions: Soul
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
@tmcglone25, I'm sorry you're contemplating such things. Please heed the people who have posted here and don't try this.

Please have a good browse through the Resource Compilation to learn more about methods that work.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/resource-compilation.3/

Be careful and don't rush into anything that might just mess you up and make your situation worse.