• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

F

fisil

Arcanist
Mar 9, 2019
Do we the society a favor with taking our lifes?
Sorry i don't want post this in offtopic.

G

Grief

May 25, 2019
No, whatever way you look at it. Lowering the population in general on any noticeable scale results in an economic disaster. A lower population due to suicide would create an unfathomable amount of devastation to the loved ones left behind, especially if the death is considered unwarranted or premature, resulting in more people that become depressed, need therapy, meds, are no longer able to function/work and who might even take their own lives because they can't live without the beloved one they lost.

crimea_river

crimea_river

Experienced
May 27, 2019
Depends on which way you're looking at it really. When you consider the uneven 'wealth' share, yes definitely. A low population to exploit means that citizens are valued correctly. Seen when there's an under supply in a particular trade/speciality.

On a human level, no, because various factors have played in to the fact that there are quite a lot of people in the world already (not so many that there should be the international levels of poverty, but that's another story) and mass suicides, if that's what you mean, is very bad for morale of those left behind.

In other words, it's a far reaching question which could be debated endlessly, given the way the world now is, imho of course :II

Last edited:
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
I don't know that we do society a favor, but I suspect the Earth benefits from fewer humans. In one of my notes I have "bequeathed" my carbon footprint to my best friend's young son.

Reactions: Superfluous
Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
What would the world look like with seven billion gorilla's or seven billion orangutans ?

what if those fine creatures liked cars and nuclear reactors ?

I hate overpopulation even more than humanities warped and perverted nature.

Yes yes yes i AM the grumpy old man - get off my lawn .

Reactions: Numbtopain97, Dead beat dad and TiredHorse
Oblivion Lover

Oblivion Lover

No life, no suffering
May 30, 2019
The world would definitely be a better place if the overpopulation problem was solved, but even if every suicidal person on the planet actually killed themselves it would hardly make a difference besides making the lives of many others miserable. There are other more effective ways to address this problem, though it is more likely that we go extinct before the governments take any action.