irregularreconcile

irregularreconcile

i'm such a coward; these wretched things i do
Jun 15, 2023
I've gotten a few people asking me how I survived being homeless, and questions of the similar like, alongside noticing people at risk of homelessness in forums. While my situation is a unique scenario and I can offer namely personal insight, would that be something of interest to have available?

I have a few other resources I can list as well.

Reactions: Deleted member 31858, OceanBlue, rationaltake and 2 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
That seems like a good idea- I'mk not homeless but I've tried to encourage a couple people here who were homeless, so having this seems like a good idea, then people can try to share ideas to try to help.

Reactions: Deleted member 31858, rationaltake, Suicidе and 1 other person
P

PrisonPlanet

Jun 14, 2023
I was homeless and living out of my car several years ago. Yes, there should be a thread so people can get advice or vent.

Reactions: rationaltake, irregularreconcile and Someone123
BornHated

BornHated

God may judge, but his sins outnumber your own.
Nov 19, 2022
If you have the energy for it and you'd feel good doing so, definitely! I think homelessness is one of biggest risk factors for suicide, so it would be big help especially if you and others are around to try and offer direct advice sometimes.
It's scary as hell to be homeless. That's not really something people get trained or prepared for, you just hear of some horrors around for the most part.

Many forum users may be so unwell they don't have it in them to search online. Maybe it's just me, but the kinship I feel with other folks who also feel like they want to ctb makes me inherently more likely to pay attention to what's being said. There's a closeness to it.

Reactions: OceanBlue and rationaltake
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
Yeah I mean... I've been surviving it for a while now... like over 10years...so I could relate to it alot...

Reactions: rationaltake
am1485

am1485

Jul 27, 2020
I would be very interested in that. I've been homeless before and thinking back, having a resource on here for people experiencing homeless would have been a great help.

Reactions: rationaltake